“Depends what you are looking for”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Rooms need updating. Gulf view is between buildings across street. My kids (9 and 7) weren't as excited as our stay in Pensacola. In a nice quaint area, unfortunately traffic to anywhere else is almost unbearable. Walk to beach isn't bad, but beach has a very narrow amount of sand. Breakfast and evening reception is very good and balance out some of the shortcomings. Our main goal of this vacation was the beach and I think there are better options in better areas for beach going.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bigx2papa

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I booked this reservation on the phone requesting a beach view at the motel. Also I was quoted a military rate as I am retired military, when I got there they asked for my active duty orders. I informed the clerk at the register that I was retired military and they said I could not stay at the rate quoted. They do not have a beach view only condo side or pool view. Never will I do this again, very disappointed in the whole process with this motel. I wrote them an email about all of this but as of yet no response.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Linda J
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Enjoyed hotel. Only complaint is that since there are no balconies in rooms, the chairs out front on either side of doors should not all be smoking section. One side should be for nonsmokers who want to enjoy sitting outside also.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 5 June 2012

As someone who travelled frequently on business I always looked for a hotel near resturants and one that had a reputation for service. This was a pleasure trip and it had it all. The staff at the front desk were always available to assist you The lounge was usually quiet, again great service. Rooms were clean, beach across the street, free parking breakfast every morning and close to many shops and activities. We enjoyed the 6 night stay and expect to return next April. The only negative is like most chain hotels they walls could be a little thicker to keep the sounds down from the neighboring rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 60745Mac86
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We changed our reservation so many times and each time I called to add a day the staff was very accomodating and was even able to secure my rate of $121 even though the rate had went up to $267 on one of the days we added (I called the reservation line and they wanted to charge me the higher rate but when I called the hotel directly they were happy to save us money). Overall, the customer service was fantastic throughout our stay.

The hotel is right across the street to a beautiful quiet beach (not overcrowded like SanDestin Hilton). The pool at the hotel is not a huge pool but perfect especially if you have small kids, there is a wide stairway into the pool that allows them to have room to play.

The evening Cocktail reception is AWESOME, we loved hanging out and drinking complimentary Margaritas and "Jim's Punch" (Jim is the Bartender). Definitely was a great way to end the evening.

My least favorite part of the hotel was the breakfast, everything was pretty bland and flavorless so I would recommend eating from the omlette station. The rotation is non-existent so they offer the same hot food items everyday. However, various fruit, pastries, cereals, oatmeal, and juice are offered. Even though the breakfast was my least favorite, the amount of money we saved over 5 days by eating breakfast at the hotel was around $250 so definitely a good savings.

The customer service at this hotel is top-notch. We had some family drive in last minute to have a beach day, they ended up staying really late and the size of our room was enough to accomodate the extra quests. The living room is very large and with the pull-out sofa, two adults were able to sleep comfortably with a baby in the hotel provided Playpen. This trip went very smoothly and the staff *especially* the house-keeping staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable, had everything we needed including extra towels everyday.

Room Tip: Make sure to choose a room on the opposite side of the kitchen. If not, you will hear breakfast plat...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jessica A
Reviewed 2 June 2012

When I take my hard-earned money and spend it on a vacation, I expect that I am going to have a relaxing time. A time to refuel and replenish. Our stay at Embassy Suites at Destin was anything but relaxing. The Spring-breakers ruined it for us. We had a suite that was 2 doors down from a large group that made noise for 6-8 hours straight every night. I called management to complain 3 nights in a row, only to be ignored. The noise never ended....constant slamming of the doors until wee hours of the morning. They must have had a group of 2 dozen kids constantly running in and out of the rooms with a loud bang every time. If you want a fun, relaxing time with your family, this is NOT the place you want to stay, especially during Spring Break. Embassy Suites caters to them. I will NEVER go back. I really thought that a relatively classy place like Embassy Suites would not cater to such behavior but I was wrong. After all that, it really doesn't matter if the rooms are nice or not. If you can't rest, that blows the whole deal in my book.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed in a Celebration Suite, it was spacious, but a worn out looking place; needs updating. Service was great & friendly. Beautiful & inviting atrium. Excellent breakfast service & section.

• Stayed: May 2012