Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn(Destin)
  • Free Internet
1,595 results
All reviewsevening receptionacross the streetsurf hutmiramar beachcooked to order breakfastprivate accesshappy houroutlet mallfree breakfastvery nice hotelfamily vacationspring breakjimatriumhousekeepingoutletssand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites Destin for work. I was there for eight nights that included a tropical storm watch for Debby. The lobby is over perfumed with air freshener. There are a lot of places to sit and gather in the large atrium. The grounds are lovely and I would like to see some picnic tables or seating on the grounds. The only places to sit outside are by the pool (no shade) and outside the front door where the smoking area is designated. My 3rd floor room looked out at some condos to the east. Access to the beach is included and is by way of a locked gate across the street. The room is laid out typical for Embassy Suites with a living room/work area and a bedroom. The air-conditioning in my room was marginal and went out completely after several days, requiring me to call for maintenance. I would like to see a power strip for more outlets at the work table. I had to plug in my electronics all over the room as there was just an outlet here and there. I was happy that the décor did not include any fake plants. The hand sink in the bedroom is a waste of space and could be eliminated. The bathmat was very ragged and looked like it was ready for the rag bag. I wish the hotel was “greener”. My towels were changed even when I hung them to reuse. There was no evidence that the hotel recycled. The sprinklers for the lawn came on every night, even when we had rain. Several of the large mercury vapor lamps lighting the side of the building burned all day, even after I brought them to the attention of the front desk. Internet access is free – wired and wireless. The temperature adjustment knob in my fridge spun round and round so I couldn’t adjust the temperature when some of my food froze. There was a lot of noise from adjacent rooms and from the lobby. The fitness center is well equipped with free weights and a variety of machines. The business center was handy, especially when I needed to scan some documents for work. Breakfast and an evening reception are included with the room. The food has kind of an institution quality. The ice machine on my floor was out of order for most of my stay.

Room Tip: I was in 334, away from the elevators. Get the 4th (top) floor if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank HappyCamper48
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in February. The only things that may prevent me from returning is the outdated rooms and thin walls. If you like modern rooms that are quiet, this is not for you. But if you can overlook these two flaws, the service here will make you feel very welcomed. If the rooms are remodeled then this would come highly recommended! So onto the goods. Upon checking in, the gentleman ( starts with a J...Justin?) assured me that all the requests I had were taken care of and thanked me for being a hhonors member. I went up to my room to find that my view was blocked by the structure of the building so the room that was originally supposed to have an ocean view had no view...and the room seemed musty. I called down to the front desk and Naomi switched rooms for me right away. After freshening up, they both greeted me, apologized for the first room and asked if the second room was ok. Very professional and efficient! Throughout my three nights the two of them greeted me by my name and I also heard them do the same with other guests...how they could remember and add that little touch of friendly hospitality is beyond me!! The breakfast is typical and the manager's reception was ok...not great though. But it's not supposed to be a meal. The hotel is across from the beach...just a minute walk away and guests are given a code for the private gate. The beach in destin is beautiful. There is also a trail that goes all along the beach so I went running he day. Justin waved and told me which way to run and asked how the run was when I walked back in. I felt like these two individuals really cared about the guests stay and wish all hotels hired people like them! They are the reason that made me overlook the older rooms that had poor soundproofing. They are the reason I would consider staying here again...the service is top notch!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank chw4
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Let me start by saying that the hotel is NOT on the beach....it is across the street ...you have to cross the street n past some buildings before you get to the beach. Bedding dirty.... Bedrooms hot! A/C keeps living room cool but the air vents do not keep bedrooms cool. We had to get a fan to sleep comfortably. The maintenance guy told us that the hotel is 14 years old and they are waiting on a bid to get a company to come in a put ceiling fans in the rooms!! Wow! They know its a known issue he says but they are just getting around to working on this! When you call downstairs to guest services, they never answer the phone. When you speak to management, the are non chalant and call you by another guests name. You are just a number st this hotel and all they want is your money. I have stayed at many Embassy Suites and this is by far the worst! Not worth the money!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I liked this hotel. Across the street form the ocean but very easy access to the beach.
Clean hotel. Open atrium. Huge rooms. I liked it and would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Excellent military discount!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Yorkdog
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I struggled with the rating for this Embassy due to different parts of our stay ranging from average to excellent. I wanted to give it better, but it paled in comparrison to previous Embassy's we have stayed at throughout the US. Here's the breakdown:

Staff: Overall friendly, but the manager was nowhere to be seen nor heard from during our entire stay. I heard many grumblings from other guests about complaining to the front desk and the manager never came out. Normally, during a visit at a hotel, the manager is visible at some point and I really hope they support their staff.

Room: Desperately need a makeover. I felt like I had walked back in time to the 1960's! At least it did not smell nor appear dirty. Housekeeping did a good job on our room everyday so it was always clean despite us having 2 teenage boys in tow. The sleeper sofa was really uncomfortable so I believe it had been there since the 60's. It did creep us out one day when we came back from the beach and our room was open. The housekeeper's cart was 4 rooms down the hall, so this scared us. My husband approached her and she said, "Oh, I forgot to close your door. I had to get more towels." We had laptops, purses, etc. in the room and lucky for her they were all still there! Hopefully she learned a lesson since she looked very embarrassed. Ice Machine on the 3rd floor was broken so we ended up purchasing ice in the lobby every day.

BREAKFAST: Hotbar was below average. Pancakes were more like crepes, but no filling or taste. Grits had no flavor, not even salt, so they tasted like an aluminum pot! Sausage patties were like hard little frisbies. Hashbrowns were absolutely horrible....I didn't know anyone could mess those up! Does the cook taste the food? My biggest complaint was the hotbar nor the fruit selection NEVER changed the entire week we were there. I know there were lots of other items to chose from, but it just didn't break it up for us enough. The omelets, when made by the tall, dark-haired, young man, (wish I had gotten names) were awesome. The lady w/auburn hair...not so much and she really had a nasty attitude. I stood in line for 15mins one morning waiting for her to make omelets. The young man was flipping them out left and right. I really felt badly for the servers and I give them kudos for not going off on rude people. There were at least 5-6 servers every day and they worked their butts off. We gave tips to those who took care of us.

DINNER: We ate dinner by default one night in the Calypso Cafe and had the Grouper Special. Of all the meals we ate out while in Destin, this was the best. Our server, Jonathan was excellent! Whoever the chef was that night, they need to put her on morning shift!! The best meal and the best price: $13.25 for the Calypso Salad, Grouper atop mashed potatoes, asparagus w/a sweet pepper sauce. Once again: EXCELLENT! The four of us ate for less that night and actually enjoyed every bite. The two teens had Chicken Fettuccini and the wings, which were also good. Kudos as well to the bar tender! He had a lot on his plate and dealt with it gracefully.

ELEVATORS: Slower than molasses! I would really hate to see if there were an actual emergency or fire. We were on the 3rd floor and were going to use the stairs one day instead of waiting 5mins for the elevator. Well...not possible. If you open the Exit door to the stairs the alarm will go off! Someone else who was complaining said there was access to the stairs on the outside of the building, which made no sense at all. If you have to be somewhere at a certain time, just allow for the elevators!!

NOISE LEVEL: Pretty high! The walls are paper-thin, but we brought our own fan and it made for 6 good night's sleep. The noise in the atrium at night was pretty bad. Teens were allowed to sit down and scream/talk loudly way after 1100pm. I believe maybe some sort of curfew should be set. We did not see any security the entire time we were there or anyone policing the parking lot.

OVERALL: Embassy was just OK. Beach access is across the street, whereas Hilton is on the beach and is a nicer/newer hotel. It didn't hurt us by no means to walk, but just more convenient when on the beachside. The pools and breakfast were better at the Hilton as well and I don't mind paying for a better breakfast. While I was standing in the omelet line for 15mins, it seemed this was the general consensus of the guests around me. I didn't hear one good compliment, which is sad because the Embassy has so much possibility.

Room Tip: We stayed in 337, which was away from the elevators and relatively quiet. We only heard the people on each side, no one from above. The front desk clerk told us this was the "quiet" side and they tried to place large groups on the other side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family