Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Andersonville, Tennessee
“Vacation”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This place was great so clean, the food was excellent all the staff so helpful. Beach so quite and we had a blast planning on going back next year same time. Got to meet so many people during the afternoon happy hour. Didn't have not one single problem the entire trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor. We are all so happy that you enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Fruitland Park, Florida
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

When ever it am in town for business , I stay here! Clean, friendly staff, comfy beds with separate rooms from living area, can be noisey from the lobby since most rooms over look the interior of the lobby, beautiful lobby! Pool, across the street from the beach, which is beautiful! A new restaurant opened across the street, close to all attractions, the outlets, beaches, and restaurants!! I will stay here again:) great for business stay and vacation stays!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your stay with Trip Advisor. We are all happy that you enjoyed our lovely hotel and amenities. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Leakesville, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 May 2014

One of the most relaxing stays that my family of 6 has had recently. Went to Destin for a Weekend Stay. Breakfast Bar is Fabulous! They have Beach access across the street. The pool was heated, which made for a nice night-time swim for the kids. The hotel is currently undergoing some renovation. They were painting everywhere during our stay. We stay in one room. Two Queens and Sleeper sofa. Parking is complimentary. Real close to Big Kahuna's and other attractions.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bamatrader
We are all happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return visit. Thank you for the review.
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is the best value in Destin period. As with all Embassy Suites, made to order breakfasts and Managers reception for drinks which makes for a great deal compared to other hotels. Here, you are directly across the street from the beach. As you are a ways away from the more touristy part of Destin, the beaches are a little less crowded. Also, Sandestin is just down the road. Not really sure where the customer service knocks come from as we have had nothing but great service from everyone. Been here before this visit and we will be back.

1 Thank TomnDar
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind remarks regarding your stay with us. We get great pleasure in knowing our guests love our hotel as much as we do. We look forward to your return visit. Please let me know if I may be of assistance with a future reservation. Kind Regards
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Typical beach hotel...nothing to write home about. The beds were hard as a rock...the most important aspect of any hotel is bed comfort...these were terrible. They need to fix the hot tub (jets don't work and lukewarm at best)

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

IN a recent stay the check-in process was a nightmare. Due to a physical condition, I need a room with a shower not a bathtub. My reservations were made for a king suite that was handicap accessible with a roll-in shower. Upon check-in I unpacked and then went into the bathroom to find that there was a tub in the room. I went to the front desk and logged a complaint and asked for the appropriate type of room. I was told that there were no roll-in showers available even thought my confirmed reservation was for one. The manager on duty promised me a upgrade to a newly renovated room with a shower. I accepted and moved all my belongings into the new room. Only to find that that room also had a tub. When I went back down to the front desk to speak with the manager she stated that they must have just changed that room from a shower to a tub. I was then assigned another room and moved my belongings again to find that this room had a shower but with a fixed shower head not a hand held shower head. I explained that I am unable to stand with showering and need to sit on a stool. It is very difficult to move and adjust your entire body to properly shower with a fixed shower head while sitting on a stool. She then told me that there were no hand held shower rooms available. However she did offer to move me back into the room that they had originally placed me in. I stated that I had been a Hilton Honor member for the past 15 or 16 years and a Diamond member for most of those years and in the past if a specific room was not available on the specific days requested the system had not let me reserve that type of room. So why was it that this time their reservation system had let me reserve a room that was not available. She stated that she guessed they had had someone check into that room after my reservations were made. Why would you have a reservation system that allowed you to reserve rooms that you would later not be willing to make available? I must state that later that evening another desk clerk handed me a $25.00 gift certificate for the on property restaurant and the following day I was offered the type of room I had requested. The check-in took over an hour and was one of the most frustrating experiences I have had in a very long time. If I had not bee on business with a group of other people, I would have walked out and found another hotel for the stay.

2 Thank Michael B
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor, other than the check in experience, I do hope that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the room issues, as we did our best to accommodate you on a Sold Out evening. Please feel free to contact me directly prior to your future arrival and I will make sure that we have all of your needs met. When choosing a handicap room, we have several, so please check the one with the roll in shower. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

When we checked into our hotel after a 13hrs drive rudeness was the last thing I wanted to encounter. When we checked in Mona was very professional and she told us that the room we paid for (water view was not available). While explaining what happened Mark rudely interrupted her and escalated the issue. Not only was Mark unprofessional he also wasn't wearing a identification badge and when I asked his name he didn't want to tell me. I will never stay at this hotel again because of poor customer service.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Ty718
EmbassySuitesDestin, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I understand that you were disappointed that we did not have a 2 Queen Bed suite on the front of our building with a view. We do our best to accommodate our guests with the resources we have available at check in. Marc is one of my best front desk employees and I believe he was just coming in when he tried to assist. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I do hope that you will try to visit us again so that we may show you how dedicated our staff is in providing Excellent Customer Service. Kind Regards.