This property is recently updated and in a great 'hotel' location for Destin, FL. Our room was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. The only other Hilton property in the area that can compare is the resort-like Hilton San Destin, which is and should be more amenity laden. There are plenty of restaurants and other conveniences nearby and the hotel itself is a very good value when considering the clean, well kept appearance, excellent breakfast, complimentary evening reception, and wifi.
We have paid premium prices for 'Gulf front/Beachfront' properties that are further from the beach than the Embassy-Miramar. A 5 or so minute easy stroll across the street and on the paved and planked walkway delivers the gorgeous beach and water that the area is known for throughout the region. The pool for the hotel is just average, but it was never crowded during our visits.
The only downside that was experienced regarding this property was the front desk staff. We had to wait for 30 minutes after our arrival(and published check in time) for our previously requested/arranged room to be cleaned. The desk staff and management were apologetic and attempted to comp us beach chairs for our stay, but this was never arranged with the beach service who looked at us dumbfoundedly when we mentioned it the next day after our walk to the beach. On this occasion and atleast one other time during our two night stay, we were unable to contact the front desk for clarification after repeatedly phoning for 20-30 minutes. After walking back to the hotel and finding an empty front desk, we were told that they had been 'very busy'. Lastly, and for the first time that we can ever recall as loyal customers, we were denied an hour late checkout by these same friendly folks at the front desk. We thought that we left something in the room and returned almost 1.5 hours after checkout to find that the room had not been cleaned, as of yet.
We are a Hilton loyal family and utilize Hilton properties when available, so we realize that the desk staff that we encountered are likely an aberration. The rest of the hotel staff including the bartenders, housekeeping service, and kitchen/dining staff were excellent and very accommodating. This is a very nice Embassy Suites that could be great with a small personnel tweaking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Destin - Miramar Beach is an all-suite hotel featuring amenities designed to pamper our guests: We are across the street from the gorgeous Gulf of Mexico with a private beach access, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast daily, complimentary Evening Reception nightly, Complimentary wired and wireless internet. Check in 4pm / Check out is 11am. Age Restrictions 25 to checkin. We are across the street from our lovely beach. 100 yards from our front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Destin - Miramar Beach Hotel Destin
- Destin Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach Florida