Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Me and some gal pals were there from 6/4/09 to 6/7/09 and we enjoyed the hotel very much. The breakfast in the morning was awesome and the free drinks were also good way to start the evening..Free. We utilized the free shuttle the hotel offers quite a bit and it can actually take you to most places...or at least within 5 miles. Just call when you’re ready to go back to the hotel and they come get you. The outlet mall is only minutes away and Destin Commons and Baytown Wharf aren't that far. I wish we had rented a car at least one day because the Marina Café (awesome seafood), AJ’s (fun outside bar) and the Donut Hole (great key lime pie) were too far away. James the desk guy was awesome! He was very helpful on if places were a good choice or not.
The beach was awesome and not very crowded or at least when we were there. The part of the beach we were on across from Embassy Suits, was mostly older people and families. The walk to the beach from the hotel wasn’t bad at all. You walk across the street and walk down a private walkway. We went to the beach almost every night too. We lucked out, there was a full moon while we were there and the ocean was beautiful but a little cool. Beware of the huge holes the kids dig during the day, you can’t see them at night and very easy to fall into. The beaches don’t close so you’re free to come and go as you please, watch out for the little crabs. We also hit the beach early in the morning and saw some dolphins but couldn’t see the sunrise because of the buildings. Overall it was a great experience and would stay again at the Embassy Suites again. With a bunch of girls you need the extra space.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leslie76
Write a ReviewReviews (1,562)

Reviewed 1 June 2009

I booked my trip back in late April and then I saw the reviews here. I was very leery after reading the reviews and was afraid I would have a bad trip. I had a great rate that i got by booking in advance and doing the "go ahead and pay thing".

I will start with the desk personell. They were so friendly and so helpful whenever I had to go to the desl. When we checked in, the man behind the desk immediately gave us a map of the property and the gate keycode. On the first day, I had to ask the woman behind the desk for directions to Fudpuckers as my daughter wanted to go see the gators. She not only gave me directions, she gave me a map and several coupons for 5.00 off each of our meals. For a single mom this was awesome. My daughter and I ate dinner there for 13.00 total thanks to her. On the third day of our trip my daughter had accidentally put her Nintendo Ds and it's little backpack in an open room near ours. (somehow she thought it was our room) The front desk helped contact people in suites next to ours and then went through the check out rooms and found her DS for her. On the very last day, we were not quite ready t leave, so they allowed us a later check out and then said we could stay and use the pool and facilities for as long as we liked that day. So, the font desk gets an A plus from me. I did see a timeshare person ( at least I am guessing that is what she is, she had a seperate desk in the lobby) but she never bothered or approached me or anyone else that I saw. I saw several people approach her, but I never saw her approach anyone.

The food... breakfast was awesome, what can I say. I thought there was a large variety. During my stay there were eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns and pnacakes on the hot bar along with the made to order omelets. There were muffins (blueberry, banana-nut and chocolate) There were cheese and strawberry and apple danish. Fresh fruit (oranges, bananas, sliced canteloupe and honeydew) was offered every day along with Yoplait yogurt. There were 4 types of cold cereals, an oatmeal bar (fresh, cooked oatmeal in a large cast iron pot along with add-in such as brown sugar, raisins, nuts, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg). Biscuits, toast, bagels and english muggins were also offered. The managers reception featured make your own chili-cheese nachos, popcorn, chex mix and soda and a free glass of wine, beer or a cocktail. The bartender made my daughter shirley temples.

The room was large (esp for 2 people) We were on the 4th floor and the room was clean and smelled fresh. The beds were so soft and comfortable and they do NOT skimp on pillows there. The lobby and atrium always seemed fresh and clean, and I know they stayed on top of the elevators. There were many families there with younger children when I was there and the staff had to have stayed busy cleaning the glass on the elevators and cleaning all the sand and water up.

The pool is smaller than some of the other hotels, but I found it adaquately sized. Plenty of comfy tables with umbrellas and plenty of fresh fluffy towels. The pool towels are rather small so grab a stack of them.

The hotel is not on the beach and you do have to cross the roadway, but I found the walk pleasant and pretty. It is not that far, and my 9 year old enjoyed it immensely. I did mention to the front desk as I checked out that I had read bad reviews but that my stay had been wonderful. She did say they were under new management, but wahtever the reason. I had a blast, I hated to leave and as my daughter said " I wish we lived there."

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank hobbs6799
Reviewed 7 April 2009

My wife and I stayed here for one night the first weekend of April, 2009. The location was excellent, especially for Destin, where it is hard to get actual "beach front" hotels for anything affordable. This hotel is across the street from the beach but we still had a view from our room. The lobby looked great and our room was clean and spacious. We were disappointed at the small, old TV's as most hotels we go to now have nicer flat screen TV's.

The clerked who checked us in was very friendly, but no one else really was. There were no towels out by the pool so a clerk brought us some, but wasn't exactly friendly about it.

I have stayed at nicer Embassy's, but overall had no major issues with this one, especially since I know Destin either has really expensive, or really cheap (run down) hotels and it's hard to find something in between.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MattBrown81
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I stayed 6 nights in this hotel and I have to say I am impressed. Very nice hotel with never nice people. I would definitely stay there again. It made for a great honeymoon. I only have 3 complaints. The worst is the water in the shower. It got hot and cold at random times during the shower. This was the only serious problem. The other problem is the fact that it was during spring break and there were some spring breakers yelling in the center of the hotel. I don't know if a hotel manager/ worker asked them to stop or not. I didn't report it. I don't hold this against the hotel. The last problem is the fact that there is a time share worker in the lobby, but they are easily avoided.

I would love to come back and stay again. The hotel is not on the beach but the walk is short. Just don't carry too much.

One last thing though. The hotel was so quiet most of the time that I couldn't sleep. I know that is odd, but if you want noise bring a noise machine. lol.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank djnos
beaches22, Director of Sales & Marketing at Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2009

Thank you for the great review, and as always we will strive to meet the expectations of our honored and valued guests , and your comments will enable us to do so more effectively. Please come back & see us again !
We have some great rates in the pre-summer & early fall season that you might want to take advantage of !

Reviewed 5 March 2009

We stayed at this ES in February 2009. We were there for 2 nights and throughly enjoyed our stay. The suites were a perfect size for my family of four and it was clean! The breakfast was wonderful and definitely saved us $. The beach is across the street. It is less than a five minute walk. There was a wedding reception one of the nights that we were there and we did not hear the music in our room. As soon as we opened the door we could hear it but not when the door was closed. We are planning on going back in August and WILL stay at the ES.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2008

I was very disappointed in this hotel. Normally, Embassy Suites are well constructed (As a Hilton Honors Gold VIP, I stay in a lot of them), but this location was terrible. The walls were paper thin. You could hear everything from the room next door; normal conversation, coughing, tv, even what sounded like a glass being set on a table. It was so bad, we checked out at 7 pm and moved to another location rather, then endure a sleepless night. As far as the location being "across the street from the beach", technically correct, but the property across the street is deep and it is a hike. If you are going there to enjoy the beach, there are many similarly prices properties directly on the beach in Destin, stay away from this one and buy your own breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 7 December 2008

On our most recent visit to Destin we stayed at the Embassy Suites on Miramar Beach. Wow! It was great! Just across the street to the beach via a private walkway. Property was well maintained and is very close to shopping and restaurants. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple