Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa
SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$111
Hotels.com
US$188
EmbassySuites.com
Wingate by Wyndham Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$134
US$144
US$132
US$83
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$212
US$188
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$166
US$134
US$126
US$119
2,774 results
All reviewsbunk bedsjunior suitesushi barbreakfast buffetself parkingpartial viewindoor poolper daybaytowne wharfoff seasonnice resortspring breakbring your ownfamily vacationwhite sandemerald coastocean front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My husband, 2 teenaged daughters and I stayed here July 27-31st. It was a company trip for me, but mostly free time with little work.

Check-in-- Angel at the Hilton Honors desk was very helpful. Room was not ready when we arrived, but we had planned on that. Changed clothes, and headed to the beach. Were able to get towels, even though we didn't have a room number. We were called when our room was ready, around 3:30. There is a $10/day self parking charge. Not sure how much valet was. Didn't really have trouble finding good parking.

Rooms- very large. We had a Deluxe Jr Suite. Kids had a bunk bed area with their own TV, which they liked. We noticed that we got 2 regular beds, instead of a king room. We could have changed it (we wish we had- that bed was too small for us), but we didn't want to go through the hassle. We should have verified what the room was when we checked in. I really liked that there was another sink and mirror outside the bathroom, which made it so much easier for the 3 females in our family to get ready. The refrigerator kept our drinks very cold, even icy. We went to the grocery store and bought drinks and snacks, and had a cooler for the beach.

Beach- really nice. We brought our own umbrella and beach chairs. I read here on TA about the charge. No way I'm paying that to rent chairs/umbrellas for 5 days. Worked out well. There was one day that they were out of towels at 9 in the morning. This really was unacceptable, especially since there wasn't a crowd at that time of day.

Food- We received vouchers from my company for breakfast and lunch (dinner was as a group). I'm really glad we did, because lunch for 4 at the Beachside restaurant would have been $80-90 each day. It was very good, though. Breakfast buffet was crazy crowded by 8:30-9. The layout of the omelet station could be better. There is no designated place to order, and the last morning I stood there and 2 other people who were there after me got their order in before I could, so I just gave up.

There is also a shuttle that will take you over to Baytowne. We did that one night and went over there for dinner. It's a nice area with some games for kids- zipline, etc. Nice shops, too.

We really enjoyed the stay- great rooms, view, beach, amenities but it is pricey for the rooms and food.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We live in the panhandle and whenever we have a special occasion to celebrate we usually celebrate it here. We've stayed here several times and it is always super clean and we never have any problems. The front desk staff is always great. It is pricy, but that is because it is right on the Gulf of Mexico. So you get what you pay for. They have 2 pools, one inside and one outside. We always have great views and a wonderful balcony to enjoy them on. The hotel has several gifts shops, several restaurants, a Starbucks, and even a Spa! Our favorite place to eat there is Seagars! Try it! You'll love it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We love this place. Its probably a little pricy for where it is, but it is a wonderful resort with a beautiful Gulf Coast beach and two nice sized pools as well as a hot tub and a kiddie pool. I try to avoid the larger tower as the elevator is horrendously slow, preferring instead to stay in the building where the spa is located. The service is great and the property is huge and close to the outlet malls for those who enjoy shopping. A great family property.

Room Tip: Do NOT book in the taller tower, even though they have the suites with bunks. The elevator ruins the stay.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel is nice. We had a junior deluxe suite. It was you average hotel room plus it had a childrens bunk area away from the main living area. The bunk area had it's own tv.
The resort is always super crowded every time we have visited. Rude guest claim their pool chairs early in the morning and then do not use them until mid afternoon. It can be aggravating looking for an unclaimed pool chair.
Everything is also super over priced at the hotel. My daughter was screaming for a cup of milk one night. I had to get it from one of the bars. It costs $4.82 for 8 oz. Of milk. I could have bought a gallon at the grocery store for the same price. The restaurants are also over priced bc the service is not that great. Sandcastles buffet restaurant was not crowded at all yet the service was super slow.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We truly enjoyed staying at this hotel, everyone was helpful (loved Robin at front desk-helpful)! It was clean, we loved the room! Our boys loved having there own area with bunkbeds! And the balcony view was also perfect! The beach was right there! We truly enjoyed all the ammenties! Couldn't have asked for better place to stay in Destin!

Room Tip: With kids, get the room with bunks! We stayed 6 days, and needed that so they could play!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family