“Sherise Lopez”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Sherise Lopez”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We paid extra for full view of the beach and Gulf view. We were given a partial view. The staff aren't very friendly. I called the front desk and they told me I have a beach view. I even went down to the front desk and was told GM picks the rooms and he's not here. There are many other hotels to choose from, don't go to the Hilton.

Stayed March 2014
8 Thank Portacam98
HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Portacam98,

Ms. Lopez, we regret that you did not enjoy your assigned room view here at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. I can assure you that I do not personally assign guests a room nor do I know of any large scale property where the GM assigns all guests their rooms.

I was pleased to hear that our front office manager was able to assist locating a more desirable room for you. However, we would appreciate being notified of your grievance and have the opportunity to correct the matter before posting a negative blog on Trip Advisor and other social medias. It is only fair to give us the chance to make things right

We've passed on your comments to our front office and will review our current processes to ensure we're doing everything we can to honor guest room requests as possible in the future.

Gary Brielmayer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Beautiful spot on the beach but that is about as far as it goes. Hotel charges for EVERYTHING! Be sure to bring your own beach umbrella and chairs as the hotel charges you for this even though you are a paying guest there. Very crowded and A LOT of young kids all over the place! Food and drinks are incredibly expensive!! Service is OK. We did had a major issue while staying there and we literally had to beg for compensation. (the neighbors next to us flushed their toilet and it came up through our bathroom sink!) Front desk manager seemed to be very indifferent to our issue. Beach is VERY crowded because the hotel sets up their umbrellas and cabanas along the shoreline all the way across the property so if you want a nice spot you have to get down there early and try to get on the end of the umbrella row if you don't want to pay. Daily parking charge as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank prolifewoman
Dear Prolifewoman,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues you encountered and know that we truly care about our guests' comfort. Over the spring and June through August is historically a very busy time in our hotel. While we enjoy our popularity, it comes with its challenges. If you were looking for a “quiet oasis” I feel certain that your experience would have been quite different during a different month.

Should you travels bring you to our area in the future please feel free to contact me. I would be more than pleased to offer recommendations.
We are reviewing your comments with our staff and reevaluating our processes to ensure such issues do not continue.

Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any additional comments or concerns.

GARY BRIELMAYER I General Manager
houston
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 6 years ago and really enjoyed it but things have really gone downhill. Housekeeping was terrible. Even with daily tipping, many things were missed. Some days beds not made and towels left on the floor and toiletry not replaced. We had a clogged toilet that we reported at 9 am and we were upset that when we returned to the room at 4 pm it had not been taken care of. Of course, the buck was passed with one employee blaming the other. The last straw was the inability to access the beach during our our last afternoon. Management had the brilliant idea of booking 3 simultaneous beachfront weddings which took up almost the entire beachfront property. When I inquired where I could access the beach I was rudely told by one of the employees that the wedding parties had paid for their time there. I guess my $400/night didn't mean much to her. They should have left the other guests with some access to the beach! Sorry but I chose this hotel mostly based on beachfront property. For that much money you should get at least 4 if not 5 star service and accommodations! This is no more than 2-3 star at best. They were definitely not prepared for the spring breakers.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank houstonadventurer
HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Houstonadventurer,

We appreciate your honest feedback and apologize for the service missteps you encountered. It is always our goal to be friendly and helpful in addressing any guest concerns. We will be offering additional customer service training to ensure such issues do not continue. We will also take this opportunity to review our processes and ensure we're doing our best to offer guests the best experience possible. Please feel free to share any additional comments or concerns with us

GARY BRIELMAYER I General Manager
Austin, United States
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The remodeled hotel looks great! Service was excellent. Location was great! The staff was friendly and helpful! Fitness center very nice. Very nice stay here. I would recommend. The in house restaurants were were very good. The lobby is a little loud but that is it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

mississippi
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at this resort for a work conference the week of 3/9.

The facilities are nice. The staff was nice. My room was nice.

I was overall really impressed with my stay.

Things I liked:
heated pool
close to the beach
secure parking
Pizza Hut by the pool
Drinks by the pool

Ive stayed at condos throughout this area numerous time and the only thing this resort lacks is a kitchen in each room. Although they do have a small fridge and microwave!

Constructive criticism: my tv remote did not work and the front desk was hard to get on the phone - they didnt answer twice.

Would i go back? yes

Room Tip: all rooms have a balcony i heard. My blacony overlooked another condos roof and the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a great hotel with great rooms. We were on the third floor with a partial view of the ocean. The beds were so comfy and the beach is awesome. Enjoyed 2 days in the spa which were also great. We will be back again!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Aurora, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is the best value in all of Destin. The property is fabulous, the beach is beautiful and the amenities are second to none in Destin. The proximity to shopping and all that Destin has to offer you can not do better that the Hilton Sandestin Property. I just wish I had time during the summer months to go back when the water is warmer.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple