“Always special”

Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Destin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wonderful location, great service, scenic beach and pool area, near three golf courses, variety of meeting space, spa. Private feel, yet near City of Destin and shopping and marinas. Staff was always helpful. The Buildings and ground are manitained in an exceptional manner.

2  Thank Mark J
Write a ReviewReviews (2,706)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recommend this hotel for families with kids. I would not come with just my wife. Our daughter had a blast and the hotel lived up to my expectations. Staff was friendly and the accommodations were above par. Never really have to leave if you didn't want to. Great beach access and they always seem to have events for the kids. I would have liked to see better accommodations for those of us who purchased the $45 a day rental for 2 beach chairs and umbrella. You will have problems fending off the people who cheap out and come sit 2 feet in front of you stealing your view/experience. We all experienced it and it was a headache. Other than that I really had no complaints other than a drunken argument in the hall in the middle of the night by the neighbors which woke us up.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jesse F
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I am giving this "resort" a very good only because of the accommodations, which were updated and comfortable. The staff needs to be replaced immediately; they are not accommodating at all. Traveled here with coworkers for a business getaway; the review is unanimous amongst 14 guests - please retrain the staff to be more attentive and friendly. My boss was way underwhelmed as was I. The coffee shop does not open until after 7 a.m., there is no breakfast available early in the mornings, and every single time we put in any type of order (singularly or as a group) something was left out. The "shuttle service" is AWFUL; people were waiting over an hour to get a shuttle and once again; the attitude about it was very non-committal. Overall I could have done better for my group and will next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Cliokitty
HSBGeneralManager, Rooms Division Director at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Cliokitty
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please know that we appreciate you taking time to do the review. Your concerns have not fallen on death ears and we fully intend to take your comments back to our management team. Our intent is to use them as a training tool. We hope that we will have the opportunity to host you in the future to prove to you that we care.
Best Regards

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Great location on the beach, I really enjoyed 4 days and 3 nights here. Mostly I am rating this hotel for it's bar/pool/beach area as the staff seemed a bit disinterested in general. The room was nice and large, if you had to put kids into the room, the kids would love bunk beds w their own tv. Nice touch that I wish more hotels of high density would do. However the bathroom needs a little stepping up. The bathroom feels like it was designed in 2000. May I suggest dual headed shower? Or even just detachable shower head to make it easy to shower off feel etc.
The food was excellent and so where the drinks.
I did request a wake up call for each morning, first morning got it. Second morning it was a good thing I set my alarm because I'd have missed a boat (literally). Several other people did.
Staff seems concerned about getting you to hurry to close a check, not sure if it because people walk off but it can be a bit annoying. They must be penalized and that isn't fair to them.
Bell staff refused to help by lending a cart, clearly te guy asking isn't going to ride it like a teenager. My thought is from observation of four days that the manager wasn't around and that group makes it own rules about when it wants to help. 'Not my job' mentality keeps a nice hotel at 4 stars and never 5

I may come back dependent on price. I have a feeling there are better places in Destin w/ a bell staff or front desk that cares. The wait staff was awesome, just worried about payment. I got the feeling there an overlord issue, where a manager is so bad it keeps the policies from allowing it to be the best. Just my opinion and I'll be back to Destin

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Terence B

Terence B,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lengthy and detailed review. We fully intend to share it with our management team to make sure that we return to the values and practices that are important. Our goal is always to give the best service possible and we are sorry that we fell short. Input like yours helps to bring what is important into focus and we hope that we are privileged to host you in the future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I came here for a couple days to get away from the kids. First time in 9 yrs! He travels and stays at Hilton's, so he is a Diamond member. Due to that, when we arrived, we found out we had been upgraded to a room with a wrap around balcony. Beautiful view of the beach and pool! Beautiful beach! The hotel was very clean, staff friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was great. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rachel Z
HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Rachel Z,

Wow! We feel so privileged that you chose or hotel for such a special time. You certainly deserved a great visit and we are beyond ecstatic that we delivered.

We hope it not another nine years before we see you again.

Regards

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Recently remodeled hotel with all the amenities. Best view of the beach with activities galore. Plenty of activities for the children and the adults, or you can just get lost in the beauty of the surroundings. Two excellent restaurants on site (Seegar's and Elephant Walk).

2  Thank 130susier

Your Right! This has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. We feel so grateful to be the only full service hotel in the area with such lovely views from the balconies of each of our guestrooms. The activities, shopping and great restaurant (like Seagars) in the area make it almost unnecessary to use your vehicle once you arrive. We pride ourselves in being family (and yes of course kid) friendly.

We host several events yearly such as our annual 4th of July cookout and fireworks that might interest you. Glad you enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you soon!

Regards

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Food options very limited, of poor quality, and expensive. No type of free breakfast or internet was available. Drain in tub was clogged, nasty. Room temperature was preset with no way of adjusting it. Beach area and pools were nice.

4  Thank Mark B
HSBGeneralManager, General Manager at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Mark B,

We're sorry to hear about the plumbing problems you encountered while staying with us here at the Hilton Sandestin. We will be sure to make the necessary updates and repairs and welcome any additional suggestions you may have.

Respectfully, I am surprised that we could not accommodate your expectations regarding your comment on the limited food selections. We have seven different dining venues located on property with additional dining venues located throughout the resort grounds. With all of these venues available to you I regret that our food selections were not satisfactory.

Your comments have been shared with the appropriate teams for further review.

GARY BRIELMAYER I General Manager