Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Destin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 June 2014

my husband and I drove to the Grand Canyon for our honeymoon. And in our way back to West Palm Beach he surprised me with this luxury beautiful amazing Hotel, when I got in I thought I was in a private country club I'm really amazed we've been traveling to a fancy hotels but this one is gorgeous the price $$$$ is worth it. the only bad thing is that you check in at 4pm and the check out is 1 o'clock I was a little bit disappointed by the time you check in and go upstairs its almost 6 o'clock so the Sun is gone. But everything else was great no complaints I really love it and you make sure that you have enough money to afford it but everything, the pool's the beach the room,

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had a wonderful time at your beautiful beach front property. Plan to visit again in the future. Lovely hotel on a fabulous beach. Would recommend to all of my family and friends. Overall great vacation destination and experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Hotel restaurant staff was not very plesant to deal with. Very poor service from the waiters. I had to do self service with drinks. The sad thing is the restaurant was virtually empty. Neddless to say, I had breakfast down the street each morning. The remainder of the hotel staff was very pleasant to work with and I enjoyed my stay overall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HSBGeneralManager, Director of Food & Beverage at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Charles,

We certainly pride ourselves on giving excellent service. We want all of our Guests to enjoy the fabulous buffet that includes everything you can image, from freshly cut fruit each day to the wonderful Chef prepared Omelets and Waffle Station. Our house made bread and pastries from our award winning pastry Chef are a great start with a cup of freshly brewed Starbucks coffee.

We’ll take this opportunity to review your comments with our associates to insure it is a perfect experience!

ANGELINA COVINGTON I Director of Food and Beverage
HILTON SANDESTIN BEACH GOLF RESORT & SPA

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Over the winter the Hilton Sandestin received a facelift to the tune of tens of millions of dollars. Among other things, they gutted and put in a new main restaurant, a new bar, a new lobby, and updated the rooms. In short, it looks great yet retains the character of what you'd want out of a beach property. What hasn't changed is the best beach in the lower 48 states, and some awesome customer service.

I'm leaving here for the first time this summer - coming back again - and have been taking my son here every summer and it has proven to be a great family place. The beach wares him out, the pools entertain him when he needs to chill, and the beach wraps up his day with crab hunting. Great to see he'll have many fond memories here through the years as we'll surely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for the spa tower.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My family and i vacation here every year we get the most expensive room each year , like six hundred per night ! Bottom line about rateing this hotel ? Just call and try to make reservations , if a hotel is booked up every night every room for months in advance what dose that tell you ? I'd just like to know when will I start getting praise from my family ! Makeing a lot of money isn't what I thought it would be !

Room Tip: You get what you pay for
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I really enjoyed the Hilton Sandestin! Definitely worth every penny. The grounds are amazingly beautiful. The view from the room is to die for. If you get a chance book here. This is the best hotel in Destin, FL.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ebone P
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The food service is exceptional but the staff was only adequate. The rooms need a little updating, air conditioning not great and bathroom not well ventilated. Electrical outlets need replacing due to wear.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business