“Are you serious!??!”

Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Gainesville, Virginia
“Are you serious!??!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. Let's begin with people sitting out in front of the rooms with 40's in lawn chairs, etc. the security latch in the room had been destroyed as if someone had forced themselves into the room at some point.

There was mold and mildew EVERYWHERE! The carpet looked as it had never been cleaned. I was afraid to take off my shoes. There were spiders and spider webs over and around the bed and used washcloths in the shower, as if the room had not been serviced before checkin. The television was an old school 19" on which EVERYTHING was green, or on occasion pink. The windows were coated with some sort of film and you could not see out of them.

When I checked out, I spoke with the person at the front desk about the deplorable conditions. I asked him how much the room had been and he told me on the weekend (which this was) the rate is $109/ night. My jaw hit the floor. I told him about the room and showed him the pictures I had taken and he said ( in a most dismissive manner) "Oh, I will have to speak to the housekeepers. They are slacking...). There was no apology, no money back offered or any other consideration at all. All I got was, "did you want a receipt, or no?"

It was just as well because I will never stay there again and I will make sure to tell everybody I see not to as well. I will also be writing a sternly worded letter to the owners regarding my discontent!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
11 Thank Darryl J
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience. It is never our intent to have our guest leave unhappy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed two nights. The first night we were woke up three times by drunk teenagers hollering on the walkways. The following morning around 5am we were awoken by the trash truck emptying the dumpster. The air conditioner in our room sounded like an idling eighteen wheeler when it was on. We stayed on the fourth floor and half the time we had to take the stairs because we couldn't get the elevator to work. There's an ice machine on the first and fourth floor but both of them were out of order. Also there were no vending machines. The bathroom ceiling in our room looked as if it could fall in at any time and we found a dirty wash rag laying on the bed when we checked in. The only positive comment I can make is we were able to bring our two dogs.

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank LeeJanet2014
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and concerns. We value each and event guest and appreciate your business.
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This property management is horrible. I can't say anything about the rooms because we didn't make it that far. We tried to check in and by 4:15pm the room still wasn't ready. The front desk was rude. This hotel has a nice location but I wouldn't stay here if they paid me now.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Ale82288
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and will share this with our executive team. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This hotel is okay for what we use it for. I would never pay 200 a night that booking direct costs but for around 110 a night or so through different travel agencies you cant beat it for the location. It's right across from the shopping outlets and the private walkway to the beach is really convenient. The walkway needs to be updated just like a lot of things in this motel but it serves its purpose. The pool and hot tub were clean as was our room. When we needed new towels and stuff like that it was brought promptly and the staff is always friendly. This was the 2nd time we stayed here and we will probably continue staying here in the future if we can keep finding deals. Definitely not for the going rate of 200 a night, that is absurd as you can book something much nicer probably beach front for that price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank MrsArreola
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to hear you are a repeat guest and will continue to be our guest. We appreciate you and your kind review. Thank you for your business!!
Navarre
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

My first call to book should have been my warning sign. I asked about military discount and was greeted with an unfortunate yes then when I called to ask the physical address in my way the man was horribly rude with a condosinding address then when I arrived the lights in the lobby were so dim I wasn't sure they were open so I called and the person just standing by the doors outside answered I said oh your here wasn't sure you were open and he was rude and laughed and said yes of course when I went in to get my room again rude rude and when I asked about a first floor room and said I was disabled he looked at me sideways like I was lying then said we don't have any then when I asked about directions he abruptly stopped me and said hold on I'm goin to get to that. Just the hole thing was a mess. Worst staff then the rooms oh my half the lights either don't work or it has no bulb the furniture is ripped and stained and I'm so affaird to lift the blankets. Freaked out because we had to stay due to an operation in the morning for my 4 year old and the pictures online were deceiving. I would say don't waste your money spend $20-$30 more for a clean, well lit, friendly staff and safe location for we have people in and out of rooms next to us and lord knows what they are selling

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank Dollydash26
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
I am so very sorry to hear about your recent stay. We appreciate your time to let us know about your stay and guest experience. We value you as our guest and appreciate your business.
Harrisburg, Illinois
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The worst motel I have ever stayed at!!! The only good thing is the ocean about 1/4 a mile away from it.No hot water bathroom is filthy. Microwave don't work. Lights don't work. The remote to the TV don't work, then when we bought our own batteries it still didn't work. O and when I pulled the beadspread back to get in it a bug crawled under the pillow. Cobwebs and dirt in ever corner. called the front desk to get extra toliet paper and the man told me since this is a small business we had to come to the front desk and get it ourselves, when I approached the front the man was standing outside smoking. To top off this wonderful experience we were DOUBLE CHARGED!! WAS TOLD WE HAD TO WAIT 3 DAYS FOR OUR MONEY BACK!!!!!! This is a pet friendly hotel but my 12yr old toypoodle would not lay anywhere on the beds, or couch, now if that don't tell you something I don't know what else to say! Grrr!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank melinda c
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your time to let us know about your recent stay. We are very sorry to hear we did not meet your travel expectations.
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed here 2 nights and it was just so-so. After searching most of the afternoon for a hotel on the beach,which does not exist, we found this. The price was right, but the location is its best point. A sort walk over the boardwalk to the beach was really great, but the hotel is worn out and really needs a facelift. There are lots of rusted parts and mildewed ceilings, doors & knobs not working well (had to change rooms b/c our lock broke), balcony door in 2nd room didn't lock, remote for tv didn't work, alarm didn't work. The breakfast was the skimpiest sample of continental I've ever seen, but free it was. The coffee was good. Like I said, the location is best thing going for this hotel.

Room Tip: The top floor has a slight chance to see the water from your balcony.