“Rock Bottom”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our hotel room was DIRTY! Not just a little dirty, but unacceptably dirty. I agree with reviewers that say there are people sitting around and ..... I'm not sure what the are doing, but it's nothing constructive. I think they work there. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this hotel gets rented hourly.

You can only go uphill from this wasteland. Seriously, a park bench would be better. Or just bring a sleeping bag and sleep on the beach. I couldn't even shower here because I think I would have just gotten dirtier. I would list specific problems with each dirty thing, like floor, ceiling, couch, drawers, bed...but every part of it was so disgusting that the whole place needs to be imploded!

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank zfcandme
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and concerns. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. Your business is appreciated as we value you as a guest.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

With the exception of the black mold on the ceiling and the messed up door to the balcony it was ok and the lamp that looked like some one used gorilla glue to fix the staff was very nice and helpful too.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ron F
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to hear our team met your expectations. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We obviously had a better stay than others. We are use to what you get with a 1 or 2 star motel and we've stayed at 4 star. It has a board walk that connects to the beach which is about 250 yards long but a nice walk. Beach location was much less crowded than Destin beaches. Room was quite clean although was not ready at 3:00 so we hit the beach. Showers and room/bed were acceptable and no complaints. It was noisy outside till around 10:00pm but AC covered up much of that. Hey - people are just not as respecting of others rights for quiet as they were 20 years ago. Breakfast was very marginal but will be enough to get you to local restaurant for a real meal. Pool was clean while we were there.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank James E
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear we met your expectations and hope you will return again soon. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. Let's begin with people sitting out in front of the rooms with 40's in lawn chairs, etc. the security latch in the room had been destroyed as if someone had forced themselves into the room at some point.

There was mold and mildew EVERYWHERE! The carpet looked as it had never been cleaned. I was afraid to take off my shoes. There were spiders and spider webs over and around the bed and used washcloths in the shower, as if the room had not been serviced before checkin. The television was an old school 19" on which EVERYTHING was green, or on occasion pink. The windows were coated with some sort of film and you could not see out of them.

When I checked out, I spoke with the person at the front desk about the deplorable conditions. I asked him how much the room had been and he told me on the weekend (which this was) the rate is $109/ night. My jaw hit the floor. I told him about the room and showed him the pictures I had taken and he said ( in a most dismissive manner) "Oh, I will have to speak to the housekeepers. They are slacking...). There was no apology, no money back offered or any other consideration at all. All I got was, "did you want a receipt, or no?"

It was just as well because I will never stay there again and I will make sure to tell everybody I see not to as well. I will also be writing a sternly worded letter to the owners regarding my discontent!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
11  Thank Darryl J
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience. It is never our intent to have our guest leave unhappy.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed two nights. The first night we were woke up three times by drunk teenagers hollering on the walkways. The following morning around 5am we were awoken by the trash truck emptying the dumpster. The air conditioner in our room sounded like an idling eighteen wheeler when it was on. We stayed on the fourth floor and half the time we had to take the stairs because we couldn't get the elevator to work. There's an ice machine on the first and fourth floor but both of them were out of order. Also there were no vending machines. The bathroom ceiling in our room looked as if it could fall in at any time and we found a dirty wash rag laying on the bed when we checked in. The only positive comment I can make is we were able to bring our two dogs.

• Stayed: April 2014
7  Thank LeeJanet2014
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and concerns. We value each and event guest and appreciate your business.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This property management is horrible. I can't say anything about the rooms because we didn't make it that far. We tried to check in and by 4:15pm the room still wasn't ready. The front desk was rude. This hotel has a nice location but I wouldn't stay here if they paid me now.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ale82288
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and will share this with our executive team. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This hotel is okay for what we use it for. I would never pay 200 a night that booking direct costs but for around 110 a night or so through different travel agencies you cant beat it for the location. It's right across from the shopping outlets and the private walkway to the beach is really convenient. The walkway needs to be updated just like a lot of things in this motel but it serves its purpose. The pool and hot tub were clean as was our room. When we needed new towels and stuff like that it was brought promptly and the staff is always friendly. This was the 2nd time we stayed here and we will probably continue staying here in the future if we can keep finding deals. Definitely not for the going rate of 200 a night, that is absurd as you can book something much nicer probably beach front for that price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MrsArreola
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for your review. I am so glad to hear you are a repeat guest and will continue to be our guest. We appreciate you and your kind review. Thank you for your business!!