“Run and hide....run and hide...”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Commack, New York
“Run and hide....run and hide...”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin? The room was in serious disrepair. The mattresses in my room were probably over 10-12 years okx and had virtually no center springs left. I did not gat any sleep as it was like trying to sleep while balancing on a mountainside. I'm so sorry that I had to put my family through that hotel stay. I think the only thing good about this hotel was that it is close to Starbucks. We couldn't wait to get the heck out of there. Look closely and you could see the tire marks by the parking lot exit from disgusted guests who probably just saw a room, or even posessed the courage to stay in one and battle it out with the mold, mildew, and just dirty, old room furnishings. Oh, and note to the folks at that BBQ and beer party in the parking lot earlier this week: it would be so much nicer if you could kindly pick up the empty beer cans, bottles, chicken, spare-rib bones, and place this trash in the garbage pail, rather than leaving it on the the parking lot grounds.

All you other guests who expect a clean and tidy room for your $130 + tax/night, Run and hide from this poor property...Run and hide, folks...

13 Thank Jason S
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for your business. We appreciate your comments and concerns and we will continue to work on the issues mentioned in your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My stay was July 18-20. Although I read the reviews before my trip, I figured it was just a "mad customers" that may have blew a situation out of control, got mad and wrote a review...personally I didn't think a hotel so close to the beach in a popular tourist area could be so horrible, so I went ahead & booked a room. I don’t usually do reviews but this is necessary. This place is a DUMP. Its VERY FILTHY and hazardous to your health. I made a complaint to the front desk and NOTHING was done. The front desk staff on the day shift AND night shift gave excuses and reason of the poor conditions of the room (it shouldn't have been a reason) I showed the persons at the front desk the pictures I took and they claimed they didn't know the rooms was in such bad conditions (LIES) yet nothing was done. I asked to be moved to another room and they claimed they didn't have any available...more lies.The swimming pool and hot tub had lots of rust stains, cracks and holes on the inside of the poo.l Health inspectors need to inspect this place and SHUT IT DOWN until they fix that place up.The toilet kept getting stopped up and nearly over flowing after EVERY flush. I have pictures and videos of the horrible conditions.

Room Tip: close to the beach, BUT DO NOT stay here. The pictures online are misleading.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank CPC504
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to let us know your recent experience. We appreciate you and your business and very sorry you had a less than exceptional stay.
Jefferson
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Filthy!!!!! I was unable to sit or touch anything for at least an hour. The room was in deplorable condition. One of the beds was at a 25 degree angle my husband lifted the mattress to discover that all the boards were broken. There were no other rooms available due to the 4th of July so my husband not the manager had to rearrange the broken boards to patch the bed. Our son slept on a rocking bed. Our shower curtain rod looked as if someone before us had swung on it pulling it from the wall. The carpet was disgusting filthy dirty. My son would take a bath walk on the floor bare foot for 5 minutes and the soles of his feet would be black. We drove up to the hotel to our manager Jeff,who is a very rude guy who should find a job that does not deal with the public calling the police on a group of 15 to 20 people out in the parking lot cursing, yelling, screaming, running, and acting nuts at 1 in the morning. The toilet ran the entire night. The bathroom looked like it was never cleaned. I went to use it to find a grayish substance smeared on the seat I had to clean it myself. These words kept playing through my head. Run Forrest Run. We booked last minute and had no choice. But one thing I've learned from this experience is plan ahead.

6 Thank Kkaes
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We appreciate your comments and value your business. We are so sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We will share your comments and concerns with our owners and corporate team to better serve our future guest. Thank you for your time, but more importantly your business.
memphis, tn
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our hotel room was DIRTY! Not just a little dirty, but unacceptably dirty. I agree with reviewers that say there are people sitting around and ..... I'm not sure what the are doing, but it's nothing constructive. I think they work there. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this hotel gets rented hourly.

You can only go uphill from this wasteland. Seriously, a park bench would be better. Or just bring a sleeping bag and sleep on the beach. I couldn't even shower here because I think I would have just gotten dirtier. I would list specific problems with each dirty thing, like floor, ceiling, couch, drawers, bed...but every part of it was so disgusting that the whole place needs to be imploded!

6 Thank zfcandme
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and concerns. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. Your business is appreciated as we value you as a guest.
Horn Lake, Mississippi
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

With the exception of the black mold on the ceiling and the messed up door to the balcony it was ok and the lamp that looked like some one used gorilla glue to fix the staff was very nice and helpful too.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ron F
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to hear our team met your expectations. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for your business.
Clinton, Mississippi
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We obviously had a better stay than others. We are use to what you get with a 1 or 2 star motel and we've stayed at 4 star. It has a board walk that connects to the beach which is about 250 yards long but a nice walk. Beach location was much less crowded than Destin beaches. Room was quite clean although was not ready at 3:00 so we hit the beach. Showers and room/bed were acceptable and no complaints. It was noisy outside till around 10:00pm but AC covered up much of that. Hey - people are just not as respecting of others rights for quiet as they were 20 years ago. Breakfast was very marginal but will be enough to get you to local restaurant for a real meal. Pool was clean while we were there.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank James E
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear we met your expectations and hope you will return again soon. Thank you for your business.
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. Let's begin with people sitting out in front of the rooms with 40's in lawn chairs, etc. the security latch in the room had been destroyed as if someone had forced themselves into the room at some point.

There was mold and mildew EVERYWHERE! The carpet looked as it had never been cleaned. I was afraid to take off my shoes. There were spiders and spider webs over and around the bed and used washcloths in the shower, as if the room had not been serviced before checkin. The television was an old school 19" on which EVERYTHING was green, or on occasion pink. The windows were coated with some sort of film and you could not see out of them.

When I checked out, I spoke with the person at the front desk about the deplorable conditions. I asked him how much the room had been and he told me on the weekend (which this was) the rate is $109/ night. My jaw hit the floor. I told him about the room and showed him the pictures I had taken and he said ( in a most dismissive manner) "Oh, I will have to speak to the housekeepers. They are slacking...). There was no apology, no money back offered or any other consideration at all. All I got was, "did you want a receipt, or no?"

It was just as well because I will never stay there again and I will make sure to tell everybody I see not to as well. I will also be writing a sternly worded letter to the owners regarding my discontent!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
11 Thank Darryl J
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience. It is never our intent to have our guest leave unhappy.