“Extremely Urgent-Please Review!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Extremely Urgent-Please Review!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

URGENT!! An absolute MUST read if you are planning on booking Scenic Gulf Inn & Suites, for even one night!! Upon arrival of checking into a reservation made through Expedia for July 20th, 2014, there was an unofficial ‘note’ scribbled on some paper at the front desk stating “Out of the office, be back soon”. When the front desk person (and only person working the entire hotel) did return ‘JONATHAN’ began screaming and yelling at me, the customer, who was getting ready to shell out close to $200 for one night. He was obviously completely drugged completely out of his mind and on some serious amphetamines by his complete conduct, language and demeanor. I guess that’s where he had been the entire time he was ‘out of the office’, getting high so he could come back and ruin the night of people vacationing in Destin. No DOUBT, has been doing this for quite some time and he knows he can get away with it. These are exact quotes from ‘Jonathan’ upon our checking in to the hotel obviously provoked by the weed, meth and probably everything else in the book that he was on that evening - 1. “You can call back here in two weeks and I promise, I’ll still be working here” 2. “You leather faced *****expletive, what are you..60?” 3. “I don’t know where you come from but we don’t roll like that here in Florida at this hotel” 4. “You steroided out midget” . 5. “You know what, you don’t have a reservation anymore at this hotel, I just cancelled it so good luck going and finding another hotel you 60 year old man”. I then asked for him to call Expedia and he would not even do that saying he would have to hold for 50 minutes. His totally ridiculous and drug induced actions and the Scenic Gulf Inn and Suites Hotel on Hwy 98 and Scenic Gulf Drive in Miramar Beach, Fl (Destin Area hotel) have all been reported to Expedia, Travelocity and all other on-line consumer review forums such as Yelp and Trip Advisor. If the owner of this hotel does not immediately terminate his employee ‘Jonathan’ on the spot, his business has ZERO chance of success because I promise, this review is going to run off thousands and thousands from anyone even looking at this hotel, even for a one night stay out of desperation. Motel 6 looks like a 4 star hotel compared to this absolute dump and the personality and professionalism of the ‘boy’ running the front desk name Jonathan fell in line with exactly all of the reviews and what others have posted on Trip Advisor over the past entire summer of 2014. People don’t take the time out of their busy schedules to write reviews such as this unless they are completely warranted. Not ONE single good review has been posted on this hotel or Jonathan so take EVERYONE’s advice and do NOT even give this place or Jonathan a second look. He was the most unprofessional, insulting, uneducated, rude, crude and foul mouthed little boy that my wife and I had ever seen in a service type industry and hotel. She was in shock and scared for her life witnessing his demonic behavior and the filthy language spewing from his mouth. Every single place and person that we met the entire week in Destin and Miramar were FANTASTIC but Jonathan and this hotel were bad enough apples for the entire city. I plan on calling back every single week just to see how long Jonathan still works there but then again, with as many drugs as he does, he probably won’t be around long to even show up for work..if that’s what you call it. I’ve been all over the world and I’ve NEVER had this bad of a hotel experience or a person as pathetic as Jonathan. He is one of the ROOT causes of this hotel’s continued problems. Protect yourself and your family. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
39 Thank DoD5552014
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. We will share your concerns and comments with our owners. We apologize for the unprofessional treatment you received at the property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Commack, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin? The room was in serious disrepair. The mattresses in my room were probably over 10-12 years okx and had virtually no center springs left. I did not gat any sleep as it was like trying to sleep while balancing on a mountainside. I'm so sorry that I had to put my family through that hotel stay. I think the only thing good about this hotel was that it is close to Starbucks. We couldn't wait to get the heck out of there. Look closely and you could see the tire marks by the parking lot exit from disgusted guests who probably just saw a room, or even posessed the courage to stay in one and battle it out with the mold, mildew, and just dirty, old room furnishings. Oh, and note to the folks at that BBQ and beer party in the parking lot earlier this week: it would be so much nicer if you could kindly pick up the empty beer cans, bottles, chicken, spare-rib bones, and place this trash in the garbage pail, rather than leaving it on the the parking lot grounds.

All you other guests who expect a clean and tidy room for your $130 + tax/night, Run and hide from this poor property...Run and hide, folks...

13 Thank Jason S
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for your business. We appreciate your comments and concerns and we will continue to work on the issues mentioned in your review.
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My stay was July 18-20. Although I read the reviews before my trip, I figured it was just a "mad customers" that may have blew a situation out of control, got mad and wrote a review...personally I didn't think a hotel so close to the beach in a popular tourist area could be so horrible, so I went ahead & booked a room. I don’t usually do reviews but this is necessary. This place is a DUMP. Its VERY FILTHY and hazardous to your health. I made a complaint to the front desk and NOTHING was done. The front desk staff on the day shift AND night shift gave excuses and reason of the poor conditions of the room (it shouldn't have been a reason) I showed the persons at the front desk the pictures I took and they claimed they didn't know the rooms was in such bad conditions (LIES) yet nothing was done. I asked to be moved to another room and they claimed they didn't have any available...more lies.The swimming pool and hot tub had lots of rust stains, cracks and holes on the inside of the poo.l Health inspectors need to inspect this place and SHUT IT DOWN until they fix that place up.The toilet kept getting stopped up and nearly over flowing after EVERY flush. I have pictures and videos of the horrible conditions.

Room Tip: close to the beach, BUT DO NOT stay here. The pictures online are misleading.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank CPC504
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to let us know your recent experience. We appreciate you and your business and very sorry you had a less than exceptional stay.
Jefferson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Filthy!!!!! I was unable to sit or touch anything for at least an hour. The room was in deplorable condition. One of the beds was at a 25 degree angle my husband lifted the mattress to discover that all the boards were broken. There were no other rooms available due to the 4th of July so my husband not the manager had to rearrange the broken boards to patch the bed. Our son slept on a rocking bed. Our shower curtain rod looked as if someone before us had swung on it pulling it from the wall. The carpet was disgusting filthy dirty. My son would take a bath walk on the floor bare foot for 5 minutes and the soles of his feet would be black. We drove up to the hotel to our manager Jeff,who is a very rude guy who should find a job that does not deal with the public calling the police on a group of 15 to 20 people out in the parking lot cursing, yelling, screaming, running, and acting nuts at 1 in the morning. The toilet ran the entire night. The bathroom looked like it was never cleaned. I went to use it to find a grayish substance smeared on the seat I had to clean it myself. These words kept playing through my head. Run Forrest Run. We booked last minute and had no choice. But one thing I've learned from this experience is plan ahead.

6 Thank Kkaes
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We appreciate your comments and value your business. We are so sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We will share your comments and concerns with our owners and corporate team to better serve our future guest. Thank you for your time, but more importantly your business.
memphis, tn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our hotel room was DIRTY! Not just a little dirty, but unacceptably dirty. I agree with reviewers that say there are people sitting around and ..... I'm not sure what the are doing, but it's nothing constructive. I think they work there. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this hotel gets rented hourly.

You can only go uphill from this wasteland. Seriously, a park bench would be better. Or just bring a sleeping bag and sleep on the beach. I couldn't even shower here because I think I would have just gotten dirtier. I would list specific problems with each dirty thing, like floor, ceiling, couch, drawers, bed...but every part of it was so disgusting that the whole place needs to be imploded!

6 Thank zfcandme
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments and concerns. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. Your business is appreciated as we value you as a guest.
Horn Lake, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

With the exception of the black mold on the ceiling and the messed up door to the balcony it was ok and the lamp that looked like some one used gorilla glue to fix the staff was very nice and helpful too.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ron F
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to hear our team met your expectations. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for your business.
Clinton, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We obviously had a better stay than others. We are use to what you get with a 1 or 2 star motel and we've stayed at 4 star. It has a board walk that connects to the beach which is about 250 yards long but a nice walk. Beach location was much less crowded than Destin beaches. Room was quite clean although was not ready at 3:00 so we hit the beach. Showers and room/bed were acceptable and no complaints. It was noisy outside till around 10:00pm but AC covered up much of that. Hey - people are just not as respecting of others rights for quiet as they were 20 years ago. Breakfast was very marginal but will be enough to get you to local restaurant for a real meal. Pool was clean while we were there.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank James E
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear we met your expectations and hope you will return again soon. Thank you for your business.