“Can't beat it for the price”

Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.
Ranked #33 of 37 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stopped in destin for 2 nights and used our discount coupon for Extended Stay. The coupon was only valid for one night but the 2nd night was still only $50 which was better than most other hotels.
Excellent room: Spotless, well equipped with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, two stoive burners. A/C worked well and quietly.
Location is great with only 2 miles to Silver Sands mall and many many restaurants.
Gym facilities were very much appreciated.
Complaints: Nothing serious. (1) The breakfast room was closed for the season but we had lots of facilities to make our own in our room. (2) It took 5 transactions to get my payment correct- 3 buys and 2 refunds. new Guy on the desk I was told! No problem though as it got fixed to the penny. (3) Hot water kettle and a corkscrew would have been nice.
Overall, a fantastic place and a very very very resonable price for a 2 nights stay. I would pick this place again on my next trip for sure.
PS: My wife had some issues with the bed but I thought it was fine. Spotless and we got an upgrade to King for free.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Okay we were fooled by the outside of the picture. It looks modern and clean. The lady at the front desk was very nice. Although I read the reviews I thought maybe it was just that persons experience. When we walked into the room it was dark and dingy. I immediately started pulling up the covers on the bed to look for bed bugs. If that gives you any idea on what we thought of it. We didn't stay there. We went to another hotel instead. Maybe if I was in college I could do it but at this age I just couldnt do it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KAIS01
Reviewed 10 August 2011

After reading reviews from other members, we were a little skeptical, but went ahead with the reservation. We did notice the odor mentioned by other reviewers, but only a couple of times and for a short period of time only. I talked to the maintenence supervisor, who told me it was from the sprinkler system's well. (I think the water in the area has a very high sulpher content, hence the smell.) The room was clean and well appointed, but the beds were not very comfortable. In my party were my husband, two children, and myself, and we found the room a little small for four. The kitchenette only provided service for two, the table only had two chairs and the room only had two double beds, with a tv on the side of one of the beds, so you couldn't see it from the second bed. On the upside, the staff was very friendly and answered any questions cheerfully. The location was fine, but you do have to drive to go to the beach, which is pretty close. Considering that we went to Destin to go to the beach, we spent very little time i t

Room Tip: Calling the hotel directly got me a little better rate than the Internet
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mrs_RSF
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Made reservations, checked in and in less than 5 minutes found that the beds were covered in bedbugs and human fluid stains… Office staff was RUDE! “We aint got no bed bugs”. Well… there are bugs all over the dirty beds that look like bedbugs… call them what you want…. Offered to put us in another room, when we refused they told us they would refund but it might take 30 days… bad service, RUDE PEOPLE, disgusting room! AVOID AT ALL COST.

Room Tip: Staff is rude, rooms are bed bug infested and filthy
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank 5motherof5
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The room was a very basic room: 2 full size beds, bathroom, and a SMALL kitchen area. The bathroom was practically at the foot of the beds. The hotel is a pet friendly hotel (all rooms) and we requested a non-smokking room. Thankfully the room didn't smell like smoke but it did smell like pet urine the whole time. We requested a new room and found out they all smelled the same. They must've tried to clean the carpet the day we arrived because the smell was even worst. On the good side, the AC (window unit) was great after a long hot summer day. Good location within 1.2 miles of the beach, shopping malls, and dining. Thankfully we only stayed a few nights. If it wasn't for us being on a budget we would've went to a new hotel; but it was already paid for. We have already made our next vacation plans to Destin and this hotel will not be in our plans for the future! Breakfast was not good either. Bagel or pastry and juice. Juice machine was out and only 3 bagels left for a family of 4 and other hotel guests. Room didn't have enough towels.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2010

This hotel is not what I would call cheap but yet it is kind of dirty and smelly. Another reviewer said: "The hotel was not especially clean and there was a moldy, musty, and sometimes sulfur odor that permeated the property" I couldn't agree more. Terrible smell. The location is not great either. It is close to the outlet mall but yet, you have to drive quite a bit to go everywhere. The breakfast is a joke. If you want to have a great vacation, definitely this hotel is not for you.
***The front desk staff is really nice and helpful though.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2010

You get what you pay for..... Rooms are ok but very small for a suite. Staff was friendly and helpful. Pool was a nice suprise. The hotel was not especially clean and there was a moldy, musty, and sometimes sulfur odor that permeated the property. If you are really on a tight budget it will do. Not great for a vacation.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank tripguy0974
Travellers also viewed these Destin hotels
Sleep Inn
Inn on Destin Harbor
Inn on Destin Harbor
#30 of 37 in Destin
SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.

Address: 4615 Opa Locka Ln, Destin, FL 32541-0711 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay)
Region: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Destin
Ranked #33 of 37 Hotels in Destin
Price Range: £49 - £138 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Destin Hotel Destin