Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Never again”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Aside from the fact it looks NOTHING like the pictures on the site, the room never got cool. Stayed really humid and moist. Dishes that were for use were greasy and nasty. NO housekeeping, which was my mistake for not reading the fine print. No vent in the bathroom, well there is a hole up there, just no switch. Pool clearly hasn't been cleaned in a while, a green slime was growing around it. Breakfast was all pre packaged items. Only good thing I can say is the ladies at front desk were very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Positives for this hotel are that it has a good location and that the staff were very pleasant. Check in was easy and quick. We had booked non-smoking room, given smoking room that was very stinky. Smelled stale and like an ashtray. Hallway was dirty, with trash on the ground. Two people were talking in the hallway near the pool door with a dog laying on the floor. Got in the elevator to head up to third floor and the elevator had trash on the floor and smelled bad. Room was clean and is stocked good if you need to stay a long period. Has fridge, sink, stovetop, dishes, pans, microwave. Rooms are very small. Bathroom amenities include two bars of soap, nothing else. Room smelled stale and dirty. Hairs in the bed. Did not swim, so can't comment on it. Breakfast room was also dirty, tables extremely worn, breakfast includes pre-wrapped muffins, bagel, cereal bars, instant oatmeal, coffee, apple juice, orange juice and milk/cereal. Parking lot was also littered with overflowing trash cans and lots of cigarette butts.
Avoid if you can.

Room Tip: Room on back side of hotel has not traffic noise. Pet friendly.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I just returned from a visit to Destin, booked this room through travelocity and noted I wanted a Non-smoking room. I was placed on the third floor which smells like a casino. From the time the elevator opens, you will feel as if you are in a heavily smoked casino. I cannot complain about the customer service of the hotel staff, they were nice and apologized and stated they had alot of complaints when third parties book the rooms, this happens often. I had to wash every item we took to get the smoke smell out of our clothing.

So, unless you book this directly from the hotel, my warning to you, is don't book it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Extended Stay and the service was awesome. From management to housekeeping. The rooms were nice and clean and the services from the front desk staff was great. Would defifinitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our entire team provided you with such great service. As well, it is great to know that you enjoyed your clean room.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Arrived at the hotel to wait at the front desk for 20 minutes until someone showed up (I had to call the 800 number to have him contacted) there was no bell, or buzzer to alert them of our arrival. Later on that evening when retrieving something from the car I discovered the employee sitting in his car listening to music. I can only assume this is where he had been when we were trying to check in. Our room was "clean" in the sense that I found no stains, but it was twice as humid in the room than it was in the hallway, accompanied by the smell of mildew and a non-functional bathroom vent fan (not broken just no switch!). I was assured by the man in his car that this room was just like the others and he would not put me in another. So we bought scented candles at the conveniently located publix, which did not help. After leaving for the beach all day we were welcomed home with damp towels, sheets and clothes that had not had a chance to dry over 16 hours in the humidity of our room. Each time I went to exchange towels, I was greeted by an employee on the phone and the "one second" finger. One may say I had bad timing but this morning before we checked out, I got the same finger as the employee was DIALING. REALLY? If I am dialing the phone at my job when a customer approaches me I don't tell them to wait until I am finished, I put the phone down and help the customer! I would understand if it was an emergency call, but this was not the case. I realize I booked one of the more budget friendly hotels in the area and you get what you pay for, but mildew smell and mold are grounds for a building to be inspected where I come from.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank powhound84
SW Missouri
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The 2 ft X 3 ft hole in the ceiling of the foyer above the reception desk should have been the first clue of the rest of the hotel. However, when we actually got to our rooms it got even worse. They were extremely small with one of the beds up against one of the walls just so there could actually be room to walk. The dirty pots and pans on the stove, the awful carpeting and the rust on the refrigerator made it unbearable. The hotel rooms look NOTHING like the pictures that are on their website. Sandy at the front desk was nice, but we were booked for 6 nights and couldn't stand more than one. She had explained that the no laundry or housekeeping or hot breakfast helped them keep their costs down. However, we were paying $130 a night! Never again! We left and went down the strip to a different hotel. They actually met the price of this Extended Stay with daily housekeeping and hot breakfast!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank RLCgirl
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I would stay here if necessary, but will look for other places first. The price was nice, however i believe we could find better in the same price range. The place was not clean nor kept up to the level I would expect. Because it is extended stay there is not daily maid service. Our first night there was a call claiming to be from the finance office wanting our credit card information again saying it did not process correctly. i went down to the front desk to talk with the manager who did not know anything about there being a problem. So, that seem very shady. The place was dark and the carpet in the hall was so frayed that it was a trip hazard. The breakfast served was edible, but below average quality. If you are looking for inexpensive this place will do, but as I get older I want more from a hotel and will look elsewhere to find it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family