Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Short but great stay”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I was only in town for one night, but really enjoyed my stay. Delana and her front desk staff were exteemely friendly and helpful with my slightly early check in. My room was in great condition (a wee bit small, but that was fine for it just being me and it being only one night), comfortable bed, and the most amazing shower! Im a sucker for super hot water, a good shower head, and good water pressure so that was a major perk in my world. Location is convenient to the beach, loads of shopping, and many restaurants.

There were some slight downfalls...only once ice machine on the first floor that was empty both times I tried to use it, the grab and go breakfast was a bit lacking (but honestly all I wanted was coffee, which there was no problem getting), and the elevator is a bit scary and slow. None of these were dealbreaker issues and I enjoyed my stay, will gladly stay there again if in the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank carie o

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Here for business and i have enjoyed staying here so far. Good coffee and NICE STAFF. A very nice lady named Delana helped me get some much needed paperwork in my hands. Good customer service goes a long way.... Good Value overall. Ill be back next month.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sam C
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel was exactly what we was looking for. The service was outstanding and the rooms were exceptionally clean. I loved the fact there was also breakfast snacks and fresh coffee every morning. I planning a trip now in a few months and going back to Extended Stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Do yourself a favor and do not stay here. Overpriced for the condition of the hotel and rooms. Both of our beds were covered in dog hair and every towel we got from the front desk was matted with long black human hairs. Absolutely disgusting. Our room was so humid and muggy, no amount of a/c or opening windows would help. I felt sticky and my belongings felt damp due to the room humidity. Lastly, the front desk associate was very disrespectful had the audacity to raise her voice at me after the hotel messed up my reservation and charged my card incorrectly, to which she replied "our policy is no refunds." Finally, after I requested a manager, I was able to get my money back. I am really regretting spending my money here and wish I would have stayed somewhere else. Learn from my mistake.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rebecca P
Pace
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This hotel has Great rooms; Great staff, and is a Great Value. I Love having choices of a fully equipped Kitchen, guest laundry and grab and go breakfast. The hotel is minutes away from the beach, Destin Commons Mall and the Sandestin Outlet. I travel to the Destin area once a month for business and although when I arrive late in the evening, the parking has been convenient, well lit and I have felt safe while gathering my bags to go in. I request the same room on the first floor and have not had any problems with noise and my room has always looked and smelled clean. I have to say the friendly staff, including the manager has gone above and beyond to accommodate my needs. The bed is so comfortable, I plan to purchase a serta mattress for my home in hopes I will sleep as good as I do at the Extended Stay America. When in a hurry, there is a grab and go breakfast, but because the room has a fully equipped kitchen, I like to bring food to prepare my own breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Franklinton, LA
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Room musty. Telephones in rooms do not work. You must go to desk for service. One towel for 2 guests. No soap. No shampoo. Fruit at grab and go breakfast was old and wrinkled. Pay a few more dollars and stay somewhere nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is our second extended stay at this property. We were here for 14 weeks in 2013 and had a great experience. The staff is wonderful, everyone in the reception is welcoming and tentative to our needs, the housekeeping and maintenance staff as well. So when we were coming back to Destin again there was no doubt in our minds as to where we wanted to stay. We are very happy to be back at this hotel, it is as great as we remembered. As it was last year, Sandy was in the reception when we arrived, she welcomed us back and made us feel like we were back home. Both Sandy and the other members of the staff regularly checks with us to make sure we have everything we need and that we are happy with our stay.
In addition, the hotel is located close to the beach, shopping and dining.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy., responded to this review, 28 January 2014
The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I am proud of our team for giving you and your family such wonderful service. I am thrilled that you have chosen our hotel for a second time. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.