“just dont stay here, save your time & money”

Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Garland, United States
“just dont stay here, save your time & money”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

It would be easier to tell you what was good about this hotel. ONE woman at the front desk, was very friendly and helpful. And one housekeeping man seemed friendly. All other staff was horrible! Beds were comfortable. The a/c didnt work properly & the water constantly dripped in the kitchen & bathroom sinks at all hours. Smelled musty. No utensils/pots/pans/dishes at all in the kitchen. I guess you have to ask for them?? NO COFFEE POT IN THE ROOM!

on a plus. close to beach (about a mile)

1 Thank Patty H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived to a dirty room with dirty bed linens. Changed bed ourselves. 2 hours later fridge broke and leaked all over floor. Manager came up and placed towel in floor advised maintenence wouldn't be back till Monday. Hotel was trashed by large family reunion. Supposed to have limit on guest per room. The room next door had 9 people. Hotel smelled like fried fish and mold. Couldn't sleep because guest running up and down halls all night. By 8 AM someone set the fire alarm off cause they set kitchenette on fire. They evacuated us till fire dept. came to give all clear. Pool full of fruit loops, trash cans running over and short on washcloths and towels. No security. Total madness and management did nothing. When checking out after 1 night/supposed to stay a week the customer in front demanded a refund also. Stated he travels for a living and had visited 3rd world countries that were cleaner.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014

at first I was a little worried when reading all the negative reviews on this Hotel glad I decided to book here staff members were excellent and very helpful with my check in and the rooms were cleaned. would recommend and stay here again

Room Tip: make sure to book non smoking room
3 Thank deshon h
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly and accommodating. The amenities were okay, but could have been cleaner. The fitness center was the size of a walk in closet and consisted of a treadmill and an elliptical. To make matters worse the treadmill was out of order and every movement on the elliptical I thought it was going to break!
The laundry area was dirty and needed to be swept which bothered me so much that I would have done it if there was a broom around. Coffee was good, and breakfast consisted of muffins.
Overall, the hotel was good and I would stay again.

Stayed July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I arrived early on the 3rd of July and was hoping for an early check-in as my family and I left our house in the wee hours and nn'd a nap upon arrival in Destin. If they would have said no, I would have had no issues as we did arrive very early. Guest services (Delana) not only checked us in early, but personally provided all the kitchen utensils within 10 minutes of my check in, now that was service ! The room was exactly what I had requested (I wanted a no smoking room), during other trips with other hotel chains, it is always a gamble if you rcv a none smoking room when you book one. The room was clean and nice, it was great to hear from my wife, " this is nicer than I'd had imagined! " We will def stay here again,, Thnks again Delana !

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel was awesome super friendly! Sandy was the bestest always greeted our dog axle and was sad to see us go. I also recommend destins dog park off Indian bayou trail. It was free and people were very friendly. There's also goochie poochie next door that was also super great highly recommended!

Stayed June 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times. 1st time on 1st floor was ok since I was only to be there one night, 2nd time I complained that the odor is terrible, the dish's were put away dirty! This last time 6-24-14. The stench was horrible! From the hallway to the room. I sprayed air freshener and then could barely tolerate the stench! It smelt of 1000 smelly underarm pits. The towel and wash cloths were very dingy. I called front desk and told Amanda there was not a coffee pot and she offered to bring on told her no that by the look on this room I wouldn't use it anyway. I had to take the blanket and the spread off the bed it looked soiled. When showering the tub filled up and the water had not gone down when I left. I will never stay again, I took a sleeping pill to be knocked out! I will sleep in my car before staying there again. BEWARE!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ida G
Travellers also viewed these Destin hotels
Sleep Inn
#38 of 39 in Destin
Inn on Destin Harbor
Inn on Destin Harbor
#28 of 39 in Destin

Been to Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.

Property: Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.
Address: 4615 Opa Locka Ln, Destin, FL 32541-0711 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay)
Region: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Destin
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Destin Hotel Destin