“My favorite Beach destination in Florida”

Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.
Ranked #35 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 20 March 2010

I would like to take this time to commend Extended Stay America on Opa Locka Lane in Destin, Florida. This was truly a remarkable hotel for the price point.

We stayed during the week of Spring Break March 15th-18th and our rate was only $69.99, when all the surrounding hotels and condos were asking $99.00+. I enjoyed the privacy, room service allowed us to sleep in w/o disturbing daily to clean the room.

Room cleaning is available daily upon request. We were pretty self-sufficient. Their is a kitchen with dishes, pots, microwave, toaster, and full size refrigerator. I did not have to spend a fortune on restaurants for every meal. We only ate out for dinner.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AJ'S SEAFOOD RESTAURANT!!! Great taste and prices. Brusters down the highway have good chicken strips and ice-cream too.

Sorry I drifted for a moment. The hotel will exchange towels with you daily as well. We had contemporary style beds just as you see in the pictures on the website. We went to Destin at a bad time weather wise but thanks to the comfort of our room we were able to spend the afternoon in the room on Wednesday without my 8 yr old being bored to death.

If you have kids you must also visit the gulfarium and Emerald Coast Science Center. (pretty cool)

I am already planning a trip for this summer with the rest of the family...Hopefully we can reserve about 7 rooms when we return.

P.S. I hope your stay will be as Great as ours!!

1  Thank carterke

Reviewed 21 September 2009

We chose to go to this hotel because it was the best value for the price. We were able to cook all our meals in the hotel room and saved a lot of money. The hotel was a short drive away from the beach with free parking. However, we had two double beds in our room, but one of the bed was unbelievably uncomfortable. The pillows that were on that bed were so thinned out that it was as thin as the sheets! =( Since we paid only $45 per night, we just had to endure two nights discomfort. If you are on a budget, this hotel will be well suited for you, but if you want a relaxing time, pay a little more and go to another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2009

Hi my name is Joann Aldridge, and we drove to destin with no accomidations to stay. We found this holtel called extendedstayamerica in destin florida and loved it. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay, it had a kitchenett in it which saved us money as far as fast food. The location was great it was about 5 min from the henderson beach state park and the same to the closest walmart and outlet malls! My stay was so good i will be returning to this hotel.

Reviewed 6 June 2009

Wow...where do I start? The rooms are very small, the bathroom was gross and the toilet squealed. The walls are paper thin so we asked to be moved to another room. It was freezing in Destin that weekend and there were literally 10 cars there the whole time yet when they moved us they moved us across the hall from the one we just left and not even to another floor. The second room was even dirtier; there was still trash in the trashcan and food in the mini-fridge. I would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone with kids, even one kid with the lack of space. Spend the extra money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2008

We arrived without reservations and had no problem getting a Non-Smoking Room with a king size bed and kitchen facilities.

The ballast in our ceiling light burned out and they had it replaced within about 20 minutes. The serviceman even vacuumed the carpet after he finished.

This hotel is pet friendly but even though my wife has asthma and I found a dog tag under the bed, thare was no smell of animal and we had no problem there.

The one complaint I have is that the hallway always smelled of cigarette smoke, especially in the area of the front desk and only in the day time. The day clerk used to step out for a smoke and leave the door open, and the smell would come right into the hallway. When I asked why there was always a smell of smoke, he replied he had no idea.

I would recommend this hotel and don;t be shy about complaining about the smoke if it bothers you.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2008

This was a very nice hotel for the location and especially because it was pet friendly. The hotel staff was very nice and accomodating. They helped us find nice restaurants and shops in the area. Gave us towels and other needs when needed. The only thing I did not like was the smell of the room when we walked in. I am sure that they have specific rooms for pets since we brought our dog but it smelled of very strong urine. So they should not have carpet on the rooms with the pets. Otherwise it was very nice, had a nice small gym, breakfast, I enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2007

I would have liked this place more but the bed was intolerable. I thought about trying to sleep on the mini couch in the room but that was rock hard, too.

I loved the kitchenette area but forgot to bring my own coffee and filters (I had read in someone else's review about there not being any). The fridge was a nice size and worked well.

The bathroom was tiny but functional. Enough water pressure to shower.

The breakfast consisted of bagels, fruit and coffee. It was adequate but the room was tiny.

Front desk staff was pleasant and check-in and check-out were quick and easy.

The grounds were nice and well-kept. The outdoor pool was clean enough to swim in and the pool area was a pleasant area in which to sit for awhile.

The price was the best part but unfortunately, due to the hardness of the bed, I'll be crossing Extended Stay America off my list of acceptable hotels.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Travellers also viewed these Destin hotels
Sleep Inn
#28 of 38 in Destin
Village Inn of Destin
Village Inn of Destin
#29 of 38 in Destin

Been to Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy.

Address: 4615 Opa Locka Ln, Destin, FL 32541-0711 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay)
Region: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Destin
Ranked #35 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Price Range: £49 - £136 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Pkwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Destin Hotel Destin