“Great location great rate comfortable bed”
Review of Motel 6 Destin

Motel 6 Destin
Ranked #37 of 39 Hotels in Destin
De Soto, Missouri
“Great location great rate comfortable bed”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We have stayed here the last three years for New Years Eve. We usually stay three nights. If we have had a problem with a room they have taken care of the problem. When we went into our room three years ago there was a water leak. I told them about the problem and they moved us to another room. Our rooms have always been clean and comfortable. They always ask if we need anything. We spent under $50 a night. We don't expect a lot of amenities for under $50. And we don't spend a lot of time in the motel room. Most of the time we are out site seeing and eating. If I was going to spend 18 hrs in my room then maybe I would like more amenities. The beds are comfortable and clean. We have ice, washer, dryers, and internet. Motel 6 is not the Hilton. If you want more you should go somewhere else and pay more.

Room Tip: You should always check your room before checking into them.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wesjean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Taking a birthday get away last min. with family. Didn't think anything of this particular Motel being cheap. Walked in the room and i was immediately disappointed. Room was so not clean. Television was full of dust looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. Vents in bathroom was so packed with dirt. Used soap was left in the bathtub! Went to Dollar Store to get sheets and Lysol to put on beds! Never will i stay at Motel 6 AGAIN! No need to leave the light on for me. Will not be returning..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank mika f

Travellers are raving about these Destin hotels

Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We, enjoyed the stay a Motel 6. The room were clean, the front desk was nice. The kids enjoyed the pool out front. We walked to Harborwalk , it was a nice pleasant walk. I rates were great this time of month. We have a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a micrawave and and refreigtor, because if you don't you won't get one.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 6 September 2013

On a whim I decided to take a road trip to Destin Florida. In less then a week I had made my motel reservations calculated my budget had my bags pack and was on the road to the beaches of Destin. I booked a cheap motel to lay my head not expecting much of a room infact I was expecting the worst because of how low of a rate I got. I was very surprised. First let me say the guest service is absolutely wonderful. After having drivin 15 hours straight through over night and having been up for 29 hours i was ready for a shower and a nap. I arrived around 9am and asked the lady if I could check in early even if there was a fee. She was incredible friendly and personable and said she could with out any early check in fee. The Rooms are a no frills place to rest your head and the price is outstanding for just that. I don't know of many places this close to the beach that you could stay in for 50 bucks a night on a weekend. The rooms were clean and the shower was nice and hot. The rooms didn't have any weird oder. The only recommendation I would make is i wish they had a coffee maker in the room even if they didn't provide the coffee itself. All in all I am very pleased with my experience with this hotel they exceeded my expectations and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Krys_d212008
Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The staff went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. First, Shelly let me check in at 5:00 a.m. for no charge she also told me some good restaurants to go eat at and fun places to go to. Motel 6 was in the middle of redecorating and they changed owners so they did not get to finish yet. With that being said the room I was put in the bed was uncomfortable, I asked Shelly if they could switch me rooms for a newer bed. Shelly moved me within two hours and she left a message for Lacy to see to it that I was moved. Lacy moved me that morning and she was very pleasant too. My room that I was moved to did smell like smoke a little and you could see a little crack in the doors. By all means its not the Hilton but for $70.00 I only slept in the room and was gone all day, so it served its purpose. I was by myself and I felt safe the entire time. It is within walking distant to the night life which was nice, it was just two blocks away. I will say I stopped at two other hotels Ramada and the man was rude also the comfort inn gave me the wrong price and would not honor it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the newer beds.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Idoljunkie
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Last minute check in. We did not have reservations. We were on our way home from a week long vacation in Orlando and decided to stop and get a room for some much needed sleep. It was around 3am. When we entered the room it was just disgusting. Floors were not clean, toilet was filthy. When I pulled back the comforter there was pubic hair all over the sheets among other things. We immediately left the room to check out. Upon returning to the front office, there was a huge metal shield/door pulled down around the check in desk. You now had to press a buzzer to speak to the clerk. She was very friendly and apologetic and did issue our refund. As we were driving off the property we noticed prostitutes and thugs hanging out around the building. We will never stay at a motel 6 again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank michelednlp
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Destin, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear michelednlp - We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience as a result of the cleanliness issues and unwelcoming environment you encountered. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry to hear that you decided not to stay with us as a result. We encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed three nights. The room was clean and extremely comfortable. We stayed in a room that had a kitchenette. The personnel at the front desk were very friendly and eager to help us find places to escape the rain. The pool is average, but very nice. I have stayed at Motel 6 whenever I can cause I know I will get a nice clean room and the staff are always friendly.

Room Tip: The kitchenettes are good if you are on a budget and want to do some of your own cooking. Just reme...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family