“Good Value”

Destin Princess Party Boat
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 4 August 2014

if you read their web site and flyers, it's pretty much as they described. The boat was clean and fast(for a party boat). The captain put us on some fish...we had a good day but not a great day. In the heat of the battle the young deck hands get a wee bit testy but they did their jobs well. I'd go back...it was a good value for a party boat....We originally booked the 8 hour trip but the boat didn't sell out so we were offered the 6 hour trip(Just fyi, it can happen so be prepared to have a backup plan)....I'd say go for the 8 hour(trust me)....time flys when you're actually fishing and 2/3 of the trip is going out and motoring back during the 6 hour trip....like i said, it was really good. my family had a blast and we would go back....great boat and the captain put us on some fish....what else could you want?

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I use this boat regularly and have to laugh when I read a negative review! I have never had a trip where I did not get my limit but I understand fishing and the logistics involved in it! First off yes half the time is spent riding the other half fishing ! Every 8 hour trip I have booked I got 4 hours line time that's normal people! The boat is large not too fast and you have to get out to where the best fishing is ! Try a charter boat and see what you pay! A lot more trust me! It's funny to me because there is always some people not catching fish and I can't help but notice it's because they do not listen! If they did they would catch something ! Ok on to weather for every one person that is whining about the seas there are at least one or two that would go out in a hurricane ! Be fore warned if you are a lily liver don't book period your the one not listening and getting your line tangled in the people who do know how to fish! Stay home go shopping please don't ruin my trip vomiting all over yourself. Ok tips yes you do tip
the deckhands have to eat too!
Fish cleaning is extra if you don't want to pay clean them yourself I do! Seriously for around 119 dollars including tip you can't beat it period! That's not even enough for you to buy the gas needed if you had your own boat to get out there! I will continue to use this boat and would recommend it to any fisherman key word fisherman ! The rest of you stay off the boat please!

6  Thank SkankyPanky
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife went on this garbage charter it was raining before we left and my radar showed it's wasn't going to clear up and this greedy captain went out anyway!! I wanted to cancel before we left but had a reservation they would have charged me anyway so we went Wife got sick like several other people, all because this charter went out when the shouldn't have for greed!! The gear was crappy just like the ride!They took our money and they will take yours too and then expected us to tip the Deckhand! Who needed a course in people skills anyway!!Here is a tip Try giving people a better experience because your charter is sad!! Don't let this boat ruin your Destin experience because it will!!!!

6  Thank Sonny W
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

First and foremost it should be known to all prospective customers of any fishing charter that a 5 hour charter like we booked means about 2 hours of actual fishing time.

That being said, we started off our trip on Destiny with a speech from the captain, a polite man who got everyone excited for the day ahead. After the trip out to sea at our first stop we were greeted with a decent deckhand who may have simply been overworked. The young man was responsible for helping an entire side of the boat, about 25 people. He did so to the best of his abilities, but didn't seem to be a "people person" as he came off as rude to myself and others. Several times he came over to help, only to say he would "be right back" then never return to help. This antic kept one member of our group with a cut line from fishing for about a half hour. Another negative part of our trip was that a fishing charter advertised for families actually required a great deal of strength for one to properly handle one of the poles (as an average sized guy it was do-able, but my mother and the younger kids struggled to the point of giving up). Lastly, our group of five was split up so that two people were on the other side of the boat.

Aside from very few fish being caught, the trip was still far below standards set by other charters I have been on, while remaining more expensive. Very bad experience.

3  Thank josephfox99
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The day started out great, fantastic weather, great fishing, I think we caught the most fish and the second to the biggest Red Snapper. That all ended at the end of the trip when the crew was handing out stringers of fish and gave our stringer to some other guy. We didn't realize it until after we sat in the hot sum for over an hour waiting for the fish cleaning service. That's when they realized they gave our stringer to the wrong guy. Some of our family members were literally in tears because they were looking forward to a family photo with the catch of the day. The crew was very apologetic, they offered to bring us on the next trip out, not possible for us. They need to work on managing their fish properly, I'll never use this boat again.

2  Thank cchardwick