Holiday Inn Express Destin E - Commons Mall Area
US$229
US$222
EmbassySuites.com
SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$131
Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$149
Wingate by Wyndham Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$190
US$163
US$214
US$188
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$119
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$234
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewswithin walking distancefront deskblock walkquiet areagreat shoppingpublic accessstayed one nightrooms are cleanacross the streetfirst floorperfect locationhot breakfastvery nice hotelhiebeachnoisehousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Clean rooms...good breakfast...quiet...great location...what else could you need? I was worried about staying here during spring break, but the hotel was a pleasure to stay at. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dand S
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Loved this hotel! We are spring breakers and it's right next to the beach and great location with restaurants and a mall right next to it. ALL of the staff was super friendly and welcoming. Especially Steven at the front desk who gave us pointers of what bars to go to and what restaurants to go to. Also a wonderful free breakfast in the morning which was great for us poor college kids! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Nicolesnovicky
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This was an amazing deal for a college springbreak! The manager Steven was super cool and all the guests lived him. Anytime we had an issue he addressed it immediately. He even broke up a fight between my friend and some stranger! Overall, great experience. Shoutout again to Steven for being the coolest dude we met in Destin!!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank tpaul365
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed two nights in early February 2014.

Room Issues: Microwave didn't work. GFI outlet in bathroom didn't work (tried resetting). Considerable gap on entry door. Old coffee grounds in coffee pot.

Breakfast: Much below average. Most of the breads and biscuits seemed old and stale. Eggs did not taste right. Gravy tasted old ..maybe a sour taste. I threw my full plate away on both days.... something I have seldom done at other hotels.

Overall we have had much better experiences at other HI Express motels. For this stay, we paid $90 night including tax. Wasn't worth it and very glad we didn't pay the much higher "in season" rate.

On the positive side.. the room seemed reasonably clean and the desk staff were always helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Destin E - Commons Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Botman54,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the breakfast and issues with your room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were glad to see your kind comments for the staff as well as the high scores for Service and Cleanliness. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I'm glad to see the upgrades to this property. Better suited, in some respects, to the business traveler. A proper desk and chair, for example. I stayed only two nights this time, and didn't eat any breakfast food, but it looked like standard HI fare; eggs, breakfast meat, breads, & cereal. The only complaint I have is the noise level. I was on the second floor, mid-hallway. I couldn't sleep well either night for all the door slamming and I could hear entire conversations in the next room well after 11:00pm. I'm not sure that I've stayed in a hotel where the walls are so thin that you could participate in a conversation with folks in a non-adjoining room!
If I could make a suggestion it would be this; if you have a guest that is a platinum member (obviously a business traveler), and the hotel isn't fully booked, consider putting them in an end room and not in the middle. Granted, I didn't ask for this, but I surely will on future visits. I didn't have any interaction with staff except when I checked in. The fellow was very pleasant & made sure I was recognized as a platinum member. That alone, while a simple gesture, is appreciated.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business