Just got back from PBR in Destin and I must say the Reviews I read about Unit 2007 was not as bad as Advertise by the last review of this property back in 2012 by Anne B...After I read the her review I was a nervous as a wreck because my GF and I are germmaphobics at Heart...but it was to late and I had no choice but to stay w/ the property. So I crossed my fingers...and hope for the best..I rented this property through Sandcastles Escapes Mgt. who assured me all the problems had been fixed...And true enough most of the problems had been corrected.
Overall, UNIT 2007 is just as it is picture on the website...NICE new furniture (Mirrors in Living room ) and very nice flat screens in both rooms and GREAT view of the beach ( although it was cloudy all 4 days we were there) ....the front door and locks were a little old but not a major issue for us .....there was a filter on the A/C unit and it had been clean the A/C unit pump out decent cold air all day.....there was NO mold issues in the showers only one of shower heads did have some plumber tape on it that needs to be replaced or taken off and both Showers and Bathroom toilets seats are very very very old looking...and need to be replaced!!!
In my opinion the old bathroom and kitchen leaves the perception that is is NOT clean...which can be a issues for most ppl and the Mgt should consider making the changes...along w/ the Kitchen because they both can use a makeover in my eyes... the kitchen was clean but again could have been better (newer fridge and stove)...
We did have a problem w/ Sandcastle Escapes Mgt company at the beginning of our trip and them NOT having the carpet vacuum in the master bedroom cleaned when we arrived...nor did they have towels for us...so after several calls to them both situations were corrected but it took them about 3 to 4 hours for them to come, so keep that in mind this NOT like a hotel where the situation gets taken care of right away... Overall Destin,FL was one of the best trips I have taken in a while... it is definitely a place w/ alot to do and fun.... I will return not sure if I will stay in the Pelican Beach Resort again, probably just us rent a "beach house' if I can NEXT Time....and again not because of anything specific they did at PBR or Sandcastle Escapes they were average and average on the beach front property can be GREAT compared to some of the dumps I have seen rented off the coast sometimes.... the overall hotel experience was cool Check - in and Check - Out was simple and except the all the crowded beach comments you probably already read...all of that is very true!!!... but its a simple solution to that just go up the road to Henderson State Beach and pay $6 ( all day) and well worth it...Hidden Secret! Way less Crowded.....I enjoyed this beach trip even better than my Nassau, Jamaica and Cancun trips I have taken before!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Beach Resort and Conference Center and the Terrace at Pelican Beach are located in the heart of Destin. Pelican Beach Resort includes 340 gulf-front and gulf-view condominium units, 19 floor high-rise with 1 and 2 bedroom units. The Terrace includes 95 units lakefront views with 2 and 3 bedroom condominium units.Guests at either property can use the facilities at both, which include 3 large pools, one kiddie pool, two hot tubs, two fitness centers, two saunas, tennis, and an arcade/game room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Resorts of Pelican Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resorts Of Pelican Beach Hotel Destin
- Pelican Beach Resort Destin
- Resorts Of Pelican Beach Destin, Florida