“Nice and spacious condo in great location!”

Resorts of Pelican Beach
“Nice and spacious condo in great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My family of 4, including teenagers, enjoyed our July 4th week long stay. Great corner unit with beautiful views. Music on deck each evening. Nice cafe and store on site. Sons could walk to Alvin's Island and Big Kahunas...will return.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank TravelingFamAlabama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This is our 3rd time at pelican resort, twice we celebrated 4th of July here, fireworks wAs perfect view from our balcony. The sound of water from outside is soothing, view is excellent. Service is good. Beach is wonderful. Looking forward yo next year again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank MaryTes
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just got back from PBR in Destin and I must say the Reviews I read about Unit 2007 was not as bad as Advertise by the last review of this property back in 2012 by Anne B...After I read the her review I was a nervous as a wreck because my GF and I are germmaphobics at Heart...but it was to late and I had no choice but to stay w/ the property. So I crossed my fingers...and hope for the best..I rented this property through Sandcastles Escapes Mgt. who assured me all the problems had been fixed...And true enough most of the problems had been corrected.

Overall, UNIT 2007 is just as it is picture on the website...NICE new furniture (Mirrors in Living room ) and very nice flat screens in both rooms and GREAT view of the beach ( although it was cloudy all 4 days we were there) ....the front door and locks were a little old but not a major issue for us .....there was a filter on the A/C unit and it had been clean the A/C unit pump out decent cold air all day.....there was NO mold issues in the showers only one of shower heads did have some plumber tape on it that needs to be replaced or taken off and both Showers and Bathroom toilets seats are very very very old looking...and need to be replaced!!!

In my opinion the old bathroom and kitchen leaves the perception that is is NOT clean...which can be a issues for most ppl and the Mgt should consider making the changes...along w/ the Kitchen because they both can use a makeover in my eyes... the kitchen was clean but again could have been better (newer fridge and stove)...

We did have a problem w/ Sandcastle Escapes Mgt company at the beginning of our trip and them NOT having the carpet vacuum in the master bedroom cleaned when we arrived...nor did they have towels for us...so after several calls to them both situations were corrected but it took them about 3 to 4 hours for them to come, so keep that in mind this NOT like a hotel where the situation gets taken care of right away... Overall Destin,FL was one of the best trips I have taken in a while... it is definitely a place w/ alot to do and fun.... I will return not sure if I will stay in the Pelican Beach Resort again, probably just us rent a "beach house' if I can NEXT Time....and again not because of anything specific they did at PBR or Sandcastle Escapes they were average and average on the beach front property can be GREAT compared to some of the dumps I have seen rented off the coast sometimes.... the overall hotel experience was cool Check - in and Check - Out was simple and except the all the crowded beach comments you probably already read...all of that is very true!!!... but its a simple solution to that just go up the road to Henderson State Beach and pay $6 ( all day) and well worth it...Hidden Secret! Way less Crowded.....I enjoyed this beach trip even better than my Nassau, Jamaica and Cancun trips I have taken before!

Room Tip: It's ok to rent at the Pelican Beach Resort...all rooms are what they present online! Average! N...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Coachhack
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed on the 20th floor. The room was well planned and spacious. The view from the balcony was outstanding, we spent several evenings with popcorn and wine on the balcony.
We had a most relaxing vacation, lounging on the beach, reading books, playing in the water, and in general just relaxing.
The restaurants in the area are excellent and varied,
We watched the fireworks show over the harbor from the balcony in front. Great show.
We will do this again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Archer, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Our family stayed in beachfront unit 0205 at Pelican Beach in June 2014. Awesome! The reviews on this site about the beach being too crowded were over-dramatic. The decor in our unit was updated. The location was perfect! Loved the resort cafe gift card at check-in! Loved that condos use entrance codes instead of keys...cut down on valuables we could lose while spending all day at the beach. The cleaning crew that cleans the grounds every morning is does an awesome job! Had no problems getting in and out of property (as mentionedinother reviews). They have daily kid arts and crafts, like Painting Sand Dollars, Starfish, Surfboards, etc. Our family had an awesome relaxing beachfront vacation for a reasonable price during peak season. It doesn't get any better than that!

Room Tip: View the virtual tours of the available condos at the resort website.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 152debir
Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

FABULOUS condo! When I booked 2003 it was the last unit in the building. I had them put us on a list that if anyone cancelled I wanted a lower floor as I was leary at staying up so high. I am so glad that didn't happen! 2003 was perfect and it was a comfortable level for me. We got in very late in the night after traveling all day from Ohio. The first thing I wanted to do was take a shower and the we could not get the shower head in the master to put out water. I called the front desk to ask what the trick was and unfortunately she didn't know but maintenance came the next morning at the time I had scheduled with her. So nice and very prompt. And there was indeed a trick! Turn the water on like normal but pull down on the faucet where the water comes out and that turns on the shower. No prob though, I just used the second bathroom the first night.
SO CLEAN. Not a speck of dirt anywhere. The unit is up to date with stainless steel appliances and modern, somewhat beachy decor. Dishwasher with small amount of soap provided. All tile floors except in master bedroom. Vacuum and broom provided for the sand that we dragged in! Extra TP and garbage bags provided which was a plus as we had purchased some just in case. Nice dishes. We left our salt and pepper behind as there wasn't any - maybe it will last. :) The master bed (king sized) was AMAZING. We tried to find the brand but all the mattress said was 'consumer reports recommendation' or something like that. I slept all night and didn't wake up when my husband was moving around. Balcony was roomy with four chairs and two small tables. Don't be surprised if a pigeon hunkers down after dark and sleeps on the balcony light...just move the chairs and table away!
Pool was small and crowded but very nice and if you got there early enough you can claim chairs and be fine. We didn't go for the pool though! Sundeck available also, just next to tiki bar. Tiki bar opens at noontime and closes by 5 or 6.
Now if you are beach dwellers like we were then you'll be somewhat disappointed when you wake up that first day and see people have already been down and set up their umbrellas and chairs and then went back to bed. We got up EVERY DAY (after the first) at 6-6:30am just to get the "second row" - don't pay for the beach chairs - they don't even get the first row. Second row was only feet from the Gulf and for us it was perfect. The last day I was there I happened to awaken at 5:30 - looked outside and only three chairs were set up! I grabbed our umbrella and a chair and set it up on the front row! We enjoyed it for a few hours and then some people set their chairs up in the surf part right in front of us. But we still had a great view!
We went dolphin watching and parasailing. Just Chute Me and Flipper's Adventures - down the road to the left. We ate at AJ's (ehhh), Old Bay Steamer in Fort Walton (A+++), Harbor Dock's (ehh),Dewey's - Crab Island location - (A+++), Callahans (HUGE portions and A+++ food), Landshark's for pizza!
Anyway, we saw dolphins and stingrays from the balcony and were able to people watch and eat breakfast with a view. We will come back here to this condo and to this unit! We love Resorts of Pelican Beach!

Room Tip: Gulf front rooms (dolphin area) had no noise with reinforced walls - I know we had neighbors but I n...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KateinOhi0
Round Rock
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our stay started out very badly. With the first flush, the toilet overflowed in the master bathroom. We could see that it must have done this fairly often because the woodwork around the vanity and behind the toilet obviously had a significant amount of water damage. The good news was that the maintenance staff arrived within a couple of hours with a plunger (none in the unit) and fresh towels since we used every single one that was in the unit to clean up the toilet water. Ugh.

The walk in shower in the secondary bath was not nice at all, but the other shower in the master had a great shower head. There really was not enough counter space in either of the bathrooms.

In the master bedroom, light showed thru the blinds at night and there weren't any curtains to block it out, so we improvised and tucked towels into the top of the blinds. The bed was very hard; I had a stiff neck after sleeping in it for 3 nights. No hangers in the closets, so be sure to bring your own.

The entire unit was way out of date: popcorn ceilings; cabinetry and fixtures looked like they must have been the original ones that came with the unit. There was a VCR in the master! Where can you get VCR tapes? LOL

Overall, the unit was fairly clean, but still seemed grimy probably because everything was so outdated.

As far as the outside goes, it's a very busy, noisy condoplex. There were far too many people on the beach right in front of the building, and unless you're staying for a long time, you will not be able to get a beach setup (umbrella and chairs) in the front row by the water. The indoor pool was closed during our stay (end of May, 2014)

In retrospect, it would have been better to spend $50-100 more for a nicer property.

Room Tip: Don't choose 606 until they upgrade it!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends