My wife and I and her sister stayed at a two bedroom condo over the fourth of July. We really enjoyed the stay as the rooms were very clean, the beds comfortable and the convenience of having a refrigerator, microwave, stove, washer and dryer etc were fantastic. The view of the gulf was also great. I really liked the fact the door had a combination to get in so you never had to worry about forgetting to take the room key or getting locked out. Also my wife's sister could come and go as she pleased without worrying about how to get in. The parking garage is closeby the rooms which was also convenient. They gave us a complimentary card for $25 and a card for four free coffees at the snack bar that also came in handy. The prices at the snack bar were very reasonable.
The fireworks viewable from Fort Walton beach and Destin as well as from private locations were fantastic. The beach is really great but as previous reviewers have mentioned, can be crowded at times. They also had some entertainment near the beach in the evenings.
The pools were OK but we never really used them as our children and grandchildren were staying at a nearby condo that had better pools but the rooms weren't really as nice. So we would go over there to visit the children and swim.
All in all we had a great visit and enjoyed the conveniences of the condo especially the gas grills for cooking out. We looked at them prior to our using them and thought they were charcoal, as we could not see any propane tanks from our balcony. So we bought two bags of charcoal, lighter fluid, and two lighters and took to the grills to start cooking out. Oops, the grills had propane piped in from a central facility so there was no need for the charcoal equipment. The grills were new and very clean. There were seven or eight grills so we never had a problem securing one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Beach Resort and Conference Center and the Terrace at Pelican Beach are located in the heart of Destin. Pelican Beach Resort includes 340 gulf-front and gulf-view condominium units, 19 floor high-rise with 1 and 2 bedroom units. The Terrace includes 95 units lakefront views with 2 and 3 bedroom condominium units.Guests at either property can use the facilities at both, which include 3 large pools, one kiddie pool, two hot tubs, two fitness centers, two saunas, tennis, and an arcade/game room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Resorts of Pelican Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resorts Of Pelican Beach Hotel Destin
- Pelican Beach Resort Destin
- Resorts Of Pelican Beach Destin, Florida