“Absolutely Incredible View and Experience!!!”

Resorts of Pelican Beach
Las Vegas
“Absolutely Incredible View and Experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I'm a little confused able some of the negative reviews. My family stayed in unit 2001 in July and absolutely loved it. Amazing view from the 20th floor. Plenty of room for 8 of us with some space to spare. I really liked that it had it's own washer and dryer and more home furnishings and kitchenware that my personal residence. Although we reserved through Resortquest, the on site Pelican Beach staff were very friendly and professional. The price is surprisingly low when compared to other properties and hotels. Amazing views of the Gulf from all rooms. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in 717. Nice 2brm, 2bath unit. Owners easy to deal with. Based on similar units we've stayed in on the Gulf this was a bit pricey in comparison. The unit we were in had a SIDE view of the beach, nice view of the pool and overlooks the BBQ pit area. (Photos on VRBO were a tad misleading) The staff do a nice job of maintaining the cleanliness of the area. There are a few places to eat or buy ice cream within walking distance. The beach is VERY crowded as well as the pool area. Unless you are literally putting your chairs out at 7a each morning or purchase the beach chair rental service you will be far back. We brought beach chairs and placed them up in the surf. The condo complexes nearby did not have nearly the number of beach dwellers but you are not allowed to go to their section of the beach. There are NO SHELLS on this beach. If you like to look for shells there were virtually none. Beautiful sand and emerald coast water!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Casey8782
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The location was great! My complaints are not huge, but enough for me not to return to this resort. The beach area was very, very crowded. There were rows upon rows of the umbrella chairs for rent. We were 3 rows deep and it really defeated the purpose because I couldn't relax there & see my son at the same time. And there really wasn't enough space for him to play in the sand. Also, people who didn't pay to rent a chair would just come sit right on top of you practically! I paid for the chair and still didn't have any space! The other thing was that we could hear everything in the hallway while we were in bed. We didn't sleep well the whole trip. The ice maker wasn't working, the screen to the balcony was broken, the unit was in bad need of paint. But, it was clean & neat and had a good supply of our needs. We will look elsewhere when we return to Destin!

Stayed August 2014
Mansfield tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed in pelican beach resort condo 1707,
View from the 17 th floor was amazing,the condo is all in all okay a little on the older side but that didn't bother us too much.
The bad thing about the resort are the elevators,they leave carpet matts in the elevators and people with wet feet and shorts drip water all on them so after a couple of days the elevators literally stink horrible.
The pools are small and the beach is over crowded.
Prob won't be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris W
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our family had stayed at Pelican Beach several years ago and enjoyed our stay. But the unit we got was completely filthy!! I had booked unit 1608 at Pelican beach resort. This unit is absolutely filthy the floors are black and there is black stuff around the baseboards, the couch has stains, the ceiling is stained and dusty. The unit is at least 10 years past it's prime. The linens were so old they were scratchy and gross with stains. The king size bed is like a brick and was so hard that no one wanted to sleep on it. The lamps in the living room are falling apart, they are in pieces around the switch - a fire hazard! I called the office on Monday morning since we did a late check in on Sunday, and I said the unit is very dirty, the lights are falling apart. The rep who I spoke with didn't bother with more than "I will put a note in the file". A complete disappointment! I will be booking elsewhere next year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 1Traveler000
PB-Marketing, Public Relations Manager at Resorts of Pelican Beach, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
We're sorry to hear of your experiences at the Resorts of Pelican Beach. Based on the unit number, it is managed by Sterling Resorts. If you had rented through Pelican Beach Management, we could have assisted you.

As with most condominium properties, the units are owned by individuals and reflect their personal tastes. Pelican Beach Management is the exclusive on-site rental management company at the Resorts of Pelican Beach. Keep in mind when making a reservation with another rental management company - if something is not as expected or if you have issues with furnishings, lock-outs and maintenance, you have to deal with that company – wherever they may be. When renting through our on-site management company, you can have greater confidence you will be satisfied with your condominium upon arrival! We have the ability accommodate you with alternatives if something is not in order with your selected condominium rental. We have 24/7 maintenance service on site and if something cannot be immediately resolved in a timely manner, we have our inventory of available units for alternative arrangements.

We hope you will consider the Resorts of Pelican Beach again. If you do, please contact us for the best selection of vacation condominium rentals.
Reserve, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is my second year that I have stayed here. The condo was very updated, all stainless applicances, flat screen tv very nice counter tops. The room was very clean. The only thing is that I wish you had your own washer/dryer in th condo. Washer and dryer was right out side our room it cost $1 to wash/dry but it was still very convenient. Loved waking up evey morning and walking out on the balcony seeing the beach and gulf (beach view).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in a condo in the Pelican Beach Resort. We booked through VRBO and this review has absolutely nothing to do with the owner and the VRBO experience. It was easy and the unit was updated and very clean. It was also very convenient being near the elevators and laundry mat. The owner was very prompt on answering my questions and gave us a very reasonable price considering it was in peak season. This is the reason we chose the resort, along with the pictures and downtown location of the resort.

The people we came in contact with at the resort were all very nice and polite. I love that there is security at the road keeping up with the traffic. I felt like it was a gated community. There is also a older security guard at the front door keeping things in order during check in and check out. These things I really liked about the resort.

However, our stay was the worst we have ever had on the beach. Now, I know that we stayed in downtown, and in peak season, in a very touristy city. While we expected crowds, we never expected to have to set an alarm for 5:30 a.m. to get a spot on the water at the beach to watch our 8 and 7 year old play in the ocean. Now, I am not sure about you, but my eyes are on my kids at all times, and you can't do that 10 rows back from the ocean. And vacation to me is not hearing a stupid alarm in the mornings to get up.

I read the reviews on here about this resort and I did read one about the crowded beach. I guess that is "shame on me" once for not believing what I read. I have just never seen with my own eyes the beach roped off with caution tape and you not being allowed to cross over to sit. Mind you that on the other side of the caution tape, there was not but maybe 5 people at the other condo the entire week we were there. How can that guy at Regency Towers tell little kids they can't play in the ocean when there is no one there to bother? Oh yeah, he gets paid
$11/hr to run people off. That is what he said to us. So I guess he knows everyone dislikes him. He must really need a job. I couldn't do it.

Also, the fact that the beach service people set up chairs and umbrellas at 6 a.m. and over half of them sit empty all day ticks me off. Why would you take the time to set it up not knowing if the people were even coming to the beach that day? And also knowing that you have set these up and are not leaving room for the people that are going to spend the day at the beach.

Also to those who have never been there, the resort is an "L" shape. The Terrace at Pelican Beach also shares the beach. So technically, if you think about it, you have the amount of people from 3 condos trying to share the same small condo beach frontage. Not many people would even think about this when booking. I know I didn't. I do have pictures, but I cannot get them to upload.

So if you are considering this condo, don't take these comments about the beach lightly. It is the truth. I have read it, and I didn't believe it. Now, I have seen it with my own eyes. This is not a place to go in peak season if you care anything about sitting front row to the ocean. Or care anything about rest and sleeping in. Because you won't get to do both. We will not be back and no one I talked to on the beach will either.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family