We visited Hidden Dunes for a wedding with a group of about 80 adults, teenagers & younger children.
We all stayed in the 2 bedroom cottages, those with kids chose the 2 bedroom with a loft. The grounds were very nice, natural landscaping that reminded me of Seaside, FL. It is a gated property and the rooms are a pretty good ways from the road - no road noise because the natural setting concealed it. The inside of the cottages could use an update (some more than others since they are individually owned), but for the price - no complaints. The rooms were clean and stocked with everything you could need in the kitchen. Nice big bathtubs and the master bath had a jacuzzi tub. We enjoyed the screened porches, sitting around, chatting and having a cocktail. Ok, one complaint, I never saw a BBQ grill. I could have just missed it but...
The cottages are a good walk to the beach but there is a golf cart 'taxi' that comes around and will take you back & forth. The beach, as usual, was the beautiful Emerald Coast Beach we love. The water was a little rough but the kids loved playing in the waves. The cottages had a pool & the condo had a pool at the beach. Since the bride & groom were staying there we were able to access it as well.
The property location is very near Destin Commons and the Outlet Mall, tons of dining options, a Publix and entertainment.
The bride & groom were in the highrise condo right on the beach. These were a little more upgraded than most of the cottages, nice & big with a nice size balcony overlooking the beach.
The wedding was beautiful on the beach at sunset. The reception was held outside the conference room inside the property overlooking a pond, nice location.
Overall we had a fun trip and would definitely recommend Hidden Dunes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Dunes Beach & Tennis Resort is nestled within a 27-acre, wooded area with beautiful beach front. The resort features Gulf-front condominiums, lakeside villas and Carolina cottages -- along with an excellent staff ready to fulfill your vacation needs. The onsite tennis center features six Rubico, clay courts, USPTA trained professionals and great activities and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hidden Dunes Beach & Tennis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Dunes Beach & Tennis Hotel Destin
- Hidden Dunes Beach And Tennis Resort
- Hidden Dunes Beach & Tennis Resort Destin, Florida
- Hidden Dunes Destin