“An amazing vacation!!!”

Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Charlotte
“An amazing vacation!!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Had such a wonderful stay at Hidden Dunes and would recommend it to anyone (though I'd personally love to keep the well kept secret all to myself.) The accommodation was a perfect backdrop to our special moment here. Our wedding ceremony that included our 12 and 5 year old took place on the private beach at sunset with no crowds making even more intimate. We stayed in a cottage that provided great views of the pool, waterfall, gazebo and grills. Even with the grills right by our screened in porch, the noise level was always at a minimum. Loved the fact that they have a "quiet time" rule after 10pm (perfect for families). This little peace of heaven is well maintained and staff/security are so very nice. In a perfect spot, Destin, Okaloosa Island, Baytowne Wharf and many other great places are only a few minutes away. The only complaint that I did have - which is now very minor in comparison to my overall experience - is that when we arrived I had to use my fiance's credit card (we have a joint account) to pay our balance. We were told that there was a problem with our card and that we'd have to pay cash. The bank verified that there were no problems with the card, but the rental office insisted that it was not a problem with their system because the "computer server was working". I do think the problem was an interal problem and simply didn't accept the payment because the reservation was in the name of a person other than the original cardholder.Again, however, this did not spoil our stay and I plan to visit again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Carrollton GA
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I was more than pleased with the condo I stayed in on two different occasions--1202 HIdden Dunes...The rooms were great, the views spectacular! Thunderstorm over the ocean on Christmas Day 2009..dolphis swimming along the beach...white sand beaches...quiet, refreshing, I could stay forever! Facilities were fabulous!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank MommaJanet
Florida
Reviewed 4 February 2010

Loved this place again!! So much that we already booked for 2010! Very peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle! (although close enough to drive to if you want some action)
Great staff, tennis everyday, beach everyday!
We stayed in the cottages, very affordable and beautiful surroundings. The cottages have everything, linens, complete kitchen set up and stuff to get you started like detergent, soap, paper towels.
We also found Baytowne this visit. Great night time festivities, outside dining and sweets, games and things for the kids, shops, all surrounded by a lake.
We would recommend this resort again and again. Just Love it!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Ocean Springs, MS
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We visited Hidden Dunes for a wedding with a group of about 80 adults, teenagers & younger children.

We all stayed in the 2 bedroom cottages, those with kids chose the 2 bedroom with a loft. The grounds were very nice, natural landscaping that reminded me of Seaside, FL. It is a gated property and the rooms are a pretty good ways from the road - no road noise because the natural setting concealed it. The inside of the cottages could use an update (some more than others since they are individually owned), but for the price - no complaints. The rooms were clean and stocked with everything you could need in the kitchen. Nice big bathtubs and the master bath had a jacuzzi tub. We enjoyed the screened porches, sitting around, chatting and having a cocktail. Ok, one complaint, I never saw a BBQ grill. I could have just missed it but...

The cottages are a good walk to the beach but there is a golf cart 'taxi' that comes around and will take you back & forth. The beach, as usual, was the beautiful Emerald Coast Beach we love. The water was a little rough but the kids loved playing in the waves. The cottages had a pool & the condo had a pool at the beach. Since the bride & groom were staying there we were able to access it as well.

The property location is very near Destin Commons and the Outlet Mall, tons of dining options, a Publix and entertainment.

The bride & groom were in the highrise condo right on the beach. These were a little more upgraded than most of the cottages, nice & big with a nice size balcony overlooking the beach.

The wedding was beautiful on the beach at sunset. The reception was held outside the conference room inside the property overlooking a pond, nice location.

Overall we had a fun trip and would definitely recommend Hidden Dunes.

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank no1conner
Michigan
Reviewed 4 June 2009

We stayed at a Carolina cottage at Hidden Dunes. The surroundings were beautiful with magnolias and gardenias in full bloom. The pool was huge and only a few people using it. I loved the rooms and the screened porch was perfect !! I'd highly recommend this. The walk to the beach was about 1/3 mile, but we enjoyed the walk, viewing the lake and fountains. There is a tram that will pick you up if you can't walk that distance. I would certainly come back to this place again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Lexington, KY
Reviewed 26 February 2009

We loved our stay, and had a good time. However, the room could have been a little cleaner.. Everywhere I turned in both bathrooms on the counter was numerous hairs. Granted I am a neat freak, but that was just gross. How could there be that many hairs if they cleaned the place... Also, the first shower we took the tub stopped up.. Again, if they cleaned the tub, it would have been easy to tell it was draining extremely slow. So much so I had to turn it off in the middle of my shower, and let water drain out.. That being said the shower actually did look clean, shower curtain was clean... Floor in beach cottage was clean... Overall it wasn't bad, just in my opinion could have been a little better. The beach was great, and it was a little walk, but not too bad , even with my 2 year old. However, I am planning another trip to Destin right now, and I won't be coming back to Hidden Dunes.. I have found less expensive condos closer to the beach...

• Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
carbondale, il
Reviewed 22 August 2008

This was a very nice place! We stayed in a cottage and it was very roomy and loved the screened in porch. there was 8 of us staying there and we had plenty of room. We where about a 10 minute walk from beach but the tram ran all day long and all you had to do was call and they were there to pick you up in 5 minutes. The beach was huge and very nice. They had 3 pools we only went in the bigger one and it was very nice and the hot tub was great. The place had a tropical feel and had paths and fountains all over the property. It also had a basketball court wich was great for my boys. Great place for people with families. Baytowne Wharf was very close and that is a great place to go. I will return for sure!!

• Liked — Beach and the price
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)