“Great place to stay. Fantastic beach. Close to everything fun. Good value too!”

Holiday Surf & Racquet Club
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is our third time staying here. We really enjoy this place. The staff is exceptional. They have tennis courts, a great beach. It is simply beautiful. I also like how everything is close so you don't have to drive a lot once you're here. Great restaurants & fun stuff to do.

Room Tip: All of the condos we've rented here have been exceptional.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank LifeJourney222

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Wonderful place. Very well maintained. Staff are extremely helpful and personable and treat guests like family every year they return. My family would never stay anywhere else. Only complaint is the new management. The employees that have been there for years are still wonderful and exceed expectations. Will bend over backwards in order to please guests, all with a smile and an understanding demeanor. Unfortunately, they are now under management of a general manager that is incompetent and under qualified to be running the building. Seems disinterested in what is best for the guests and the staff. I have witnessed the manager using a condescending tone with the employees. Which is unprofessional and ignorant given that many of these employees have been here for years and know the in's and out's of running the building more than he could ever know.
I also agree with the reviewer who mentioned that the morale of the staff is low. Nothing has changed. I don't believe it has anything to do with the employees, but rather the unfortunate poor management they have had to endure over the past few years.

I definitely plan on returning. My family has been visiting for years and we always enjoy our stay immensely. However, if I could change anything about the place, it would be for someone qualified and with better people skills to take over.

Room Tip: The website offers pictures of many of the units so guests are able to pick the one of their choosin...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank x x
KentinDestin, General Manager at Holiday Surf & Racquet Club, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

I am sorry that is the impression you took away from here. Our focus at Holiday Surf & Racquet Club is to be the "Best on the Beach" and we are working hard to do that. Our employees are great, the improvements and changes we have made over the last year are a direct result of all of us working as a team to make that happen.

We have a great group of employees at Holiday Surf & Racquet Club and I appreciate & respect them more than I can express here. I will continue to try to let them know. You can't run a successful business without doing that.

Holiday Surf & Racquet Club is a special place and families have been coming down here for generations building memories on our beaches and with our staff. We will continue to operate in a way that shows our guests that we care about them and want them back. I am glad to see you plan to come back and enjoy our slice of heaven. I hope you look me up when you get back down here.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Spent the week after Christmas 2011 in the HSRC in Destin. Overall a very nice property.

Our condo was on the sixth floor, with a screened balcony. All the units have ocean view. Nice with everything you need for a relaxing week.
SInce we were there in a true "off" week, the facility and town were not crowded at all. The immediate beach access was even better due to this--very few people to deal with. And we were VERY fortunate to have nice weather!

Had a chance to look at a 2 br unit--would recommend those if you plan to stay more than a week.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bigred
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We really had no issues at all. The place was quiet and right on a beautiful beach - it just doesn't get any better than that especially for the prices at HSR. We rented through Holiday Isle Properties which led to our only gotcha - most HSR rooms come with the fees built in for an umbrella and chairs but ours did not. No big deal once we got it figured out and the staffers on the beach were easy to work with. No rowdy crowds and everyone on the beach was well behaved and respectful.

HSR is getting older but the staff works hard to keep it clean and presentable. I HIGHLY recommend that you carefully screen which room you are staying in and let that be the deciding factor rather than HSR itself. We stayed in unit 613 which had been recently updated and we loved being there. Some coffee filters would have been nice but it had just about everything else you could need.

Target and Winn Dixie are just across the light at GSD and 98 so you have easy access to all the amenities you could need. Convenient, affordable, and Destin beaches - great combo.

HSR is recommended and we will back someday!

Room Tip: Get as many pics as you can and compare the various rooms before deciding
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Budamacs
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My daughter, granddaughter, my mother and myself booked 4 nights arriving May 18.We went for a niece's beach wedding in Destin.We had not been to Destin and it was difficult to find a condo on the beach.Most were across the road and everything was very expensive.We found Holiday Surf & Racquet Club on the internet right on the beach.We rented 719 and it was great for our group.The bedroom had 2 beds for my mom & myself and the sofabed for my daughter & granddaughter.The rooms are large and the balcony was large and screened with great beach view. The location is awesome.The wedding was at Henderson State Park and it was beautiful(if you want info for beach wedding).One night a group of us went to a club named The Swamp and it was awesome.If you like rock, the band was Splendid Chaos and they rocked it.I would love to go back to Destin and definitely stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank travelingweekend
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Generally, you get what you pay for, but not with this place. The condo was larger than a hotel room, around 750 sf. It was super clean and stocked with every need: extra pillows, every imaginable kitchen need, books, etc. The other guests were super awesome. Laid backpeople looking to enjoythemselves. I expected rowdykids and there were none. 1st
row Beach setups were gone early,
but we got one every day but the
4th. There are units for sale and we're looking into buying one. I can't wait to go back!!! This is far and away the best Destin trip I've been on yet.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank jennyprice
Reviewed 26 May 2011

We recently spend our spring break with the kids at Holiday Surf and Racket Club. We had a wonderful time. It is a very family friendly enviroment. Our boys loved it. Perfect place to bring the family. We stayed in Unit 711. Very nice two bedroom two bath unit with a great view of the swimming pool and beach. Can't wait to go back in the summer.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family