“Perfect location...super accomodations”

Holiday Surf & Racquet Club
Monaca, Pennsylvania
“Perfect location...super accomodations”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I just returned from my first trip to the Destin area & found the HSRC to be a perfect place. The quality of the resort was very nice-very clean. The pool area was well stocked with abundant seating as well as the beach area is rather wide versus an area not 200 feet down the beach that is narrow with sand dunes. The availabilty of chairs/umbrellas was always easy to get each day. I stayed on the 7th floor & the view of the beach & dolphens each day was a treat. I found the price to be very affordable considering many places state they are "Ocean front" when in fact you have to pay quite a bit more to have. The option of a full well stocked kitchen is great for breakfast/ lunch vs a hotel with perhaps a micro/fridge only. I highly recommend the HSRC & will be back . This time of year-end of April to the 1st of May is pefect-no crowds-super weather. Also-driving in the area is very easy for a novice. Well marked roads & ease of finding everything you may care to visit. I found the staff to be very helpful our first p.m. there from locating a grocery to a restaurant suggestion.

Room Tip: Suggest higher floor level for the best views of the Gulf & to watch the dolphens . 719 is a 1 b...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank sval53218

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This is not a spot to take your family too. The quality of the room does not surmount to the cost that they are asking for. This place is operated by gready and rude staff that do not grasp the meaning of qualify customer service. My advice find a place that is worth the money and the employees treat you with respect.

• Stayed February 2012
6 Thank OHFilipina
KentinDestin, General Manager at Holiday Surf & Racquet Club, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
I am so sorry the experience you had at our property didn't measure up to what you were expecting. With the vast majority of our business consisting of repeat customers and referrals, it is our goal on a daily basis to make every guest's stay here an enjoyable experience. I am sorry you didn't feel we hit that mark.

We've been here since the late 70's and have been building lifelong family memories for generations. Our guests come here year after year, they tell their friends about us because we are family friendly, offer a great value and we care about our guests. HSRC also sits on one of the prettiest beaches you will ever find.

I am sorry your experience didn't meet expectations. I am on property every day and wish I would have had the opportunity to correct any issue during your stay.

Kind Regards,
Kent
Franklin Indiana
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Disagree very strongly with the review that did not like new management. Having spent two months this year at the Holiday Surf and Racquet, I would like to say the well maintained and cleaniness of the club is due to the new management. During two months , the staff always seemed upbeat. We saw ;many encounters with the wonderful people who work there and the general manager, always very positive. Any work environment has good and bad days, sometimes due to many different things. All the positive things you found are due to new management. We know, we have been staying at the Holiday Surf for about ten years. Glad you are coming back. Be sure to get to know the General Manager.

Room Tip: Go to internet and check the units yourself
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Morris D
Portage, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My family just returned home from Destin. This was our first time staying at the Holiday Surf & Racquet Club. We LOVED it! I would absolutely recommend it to any family. I love that we had a chance to check out rooms before reserving, I have young children and was glad I could be sure our condo seemed pretty kid friendly, and it was. I couldn't pass up the price. Once we got there it was love at first sight. The staff was awesome...including the management. They made us feel like we were part of the family. It was very clean and well maintained. The location was great, right on the beach and only a block away from everything. We plan to make many more return visits in the years to come!

4 Thank Kretzmore
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is our third time staying here. We really enjoy this place. The staff is exceptional. They have tennis courts, a great beach. It is simply beautiful. I also like how everything is close so you don't have to drive a lot once you're here. Great restaurants & fun stuff to do.

Room Tip: All of the condos we've rented here have been exceptional.
3 Thank LifeJourney222
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Wonderful place. Very well maintained. Staff are extremely helpful and personable and treat guests like family every year they return. My family would never stay anywhere else. Only complaint is the new management. The employees that have been there for years are still wonderful and exceed expectations. Will bend over backwards in order to please guests, all with a smile and an understanding demeanor. Unfortunately, they are now under management of a general manager that is incompetent and under qualified to be running the building. Seems disinterested in what is best for the guests and the staff. I have witnessed the manager using a condescending tone with the employees. Which is unprofessional and ignorant given that many of these employees have been here for years and know the in's and out's of running the building more than he could ever know.
I also agree with the reviewer who mentioned that the morale of the staff is low. Nothing has changed. I don't believe it has anything to do with the employees, but rather the unfortunate poor management they have had to endure over the past few years.

I definitely plan on returning. My family has been visiting for years and we always enjoy our stay immensely. However, if I could change anything about the place, it would be for someone qualified and with better people skills to take over.

Room Tip: The website offers pictures of many of the units so guests are able to pick the one of their choosin...
1 Thank x x
KentinDestin, General Manager at Holiday Surf & Racquet Club, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
I am sorry that is the impression you took away from here. Our focus at Holiday Surf & Racquet Club is to be the "Best on the Beach" and we are working hard to do that. Our employees are great, the improvements and changes we have made over the last year are a direct result of all of us working as a team to make that happen.

We have a great group of employees at Holiday Surf & Racquet Club and I appreciate & respect them more than I can express here. I will continue to try to let them know. You can't run a successful business without doing that.

Holiday Surf & Racquet Club is a special place and families have been coming down here for generations building memories on our beaches and with our staff. We will continue to operate in a way that shows our guests that we care about them and want them back. I am glad to see you plan to come back and enjoy our slice of heaven. I hope you look me up when you get back down here.
Arkansas
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Spent the week after Christmas 2011 in the HSRC in Destin. Overall a very nice property.

Our condo was on the sixth floor, with a screened balcony. All the units have ocean view. Nice with everything you need for a relaxing week.
SInce we were there in a true "off" week, the facility and town were not crowded at all. The immediate beach access was even better due to this--very few people to deal with. And we were VERY fortunate to have nice weather!

Had a chance to look at a 2 br unit--would recommend those if you plan to stay more than a week.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple