“Cigarette butts everywhere!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Village of Baytowne Wharf
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I almost booked accomodation here for our family vacation. Boy am I glad I didn't. We visited one evening and found the village quite dirty and smelly. There were cigarette butts everywhere. Even under the tables in the cafe where we purchased ice cream. If there has to be smoking, is it too much to expect for someone to clean up the disgusting mess.
Also, why is it necessary to charge $4 for a 2 minute carousel ride? We had 4 kids, so we felt $16 was a complete rip off.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike H

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I was looking to get away for a couple of days and chose to use book it to find a spot in Destin. I ended up staying at Pilot House at Baytowne Wharf. The unit was great and located right on top of the restaurants an bars. I would recommend pilot house for couples or solo travelers.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank hobnobgulfshores
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My wife and I wanted to get away for a romantic weekend without having to drive very far, yet have an exciting time. On a last minute deal, we decided to drive towards Destin, Florida and stay in one of the resorts at the village, specifically the LeCiel. The accommodations were nice, modern and sophisticated. However, due to its age and construction (concrete), the radiant noise left us with a stay to be less desired. We were awakened throughout the night and well into the morning with doors slamming from guest next door. Their kid kept banging on the balcony rails which also were heard in our room. The house keeping staff showed little regard to the guest as they kept going in and out of the rooms in our area without closing the doors tenderly so you were startled the doors slamming against the locks that latch the door at eye level. Needless to say, I had to let property management know about what transpired. After informing them of the ruined experience during our honeymoon getaway, they certainly made up for the entire occasion. We even had to turn down a night because we could not stay due to having to return work. They certainly believe in making sure that you have a positive experience upon departure. They shifted our accommodations to the beach side of the resort which made up for the bad night. We relocated to the Luau which is a newer more updated property. It was too cold to get in the pool, but we enjoyed just strolling along the sidewalks and holding hands. Overall, we would certainly return and I am also a travel agent so it was good to see that they would extend such great service to my clients if they were impacted in the same manner. Great resort, location and food is a plus! A perfect couple of nights would have yielded a 5 rating, but would have been lower if the experience wasn't salvaged.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adam E
Reviewed 20 August 2012

From the outstanding views, the activities for the kids and adults. It is a great family vacation spot or a getaway for couples. Dining is wonderful with so many choices. This is the absolute best vacation spot I have ever been to.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 25 December 2011

The prices on their menu were not reflected in the amount we were (over)charged on Christmas Day. We brought this to the owners attention & she did not correct our bill but did admit the fault was hers. Very bad business!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My sister had made a reservation here, so I decided to come along. It was during New Year's, so the place was somewhat crowded. I had to sleep on a converter bed because the other bed was dirty. Then, around 2:00 in the morning, I awoke to a fire alarm blaring in the hallway. It ended up being a false alarm, which really worsened my thoughts about this place. I would not return to this place ever again!

Room Tip: Try to get the townhouses. They are way much better.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My wife and I were looking forward to staying at this place given the positive rating from many previous visitors. We were extremely disappointed by the our stay there though. The room was already prepaid through Bookit. com and was not ready for check in when we arrived at 3PM. Finally we got a room at 6PM at the "Pilot House" # 324, which was a small room with 2 double beds and NO CHAIR. The TV was a 19" tube TV with very limited channels and the view was blocked by trees. It was dark in the room during the day without the lights on. Access to the room is difficult and we have to walk across the hot indoor parking garage to go to the restaurants and shops. We were awakened at 3 AM by loud fire alarm and had to scramble outside with other travelers in our sleeping apparel. It was false alarm! The parking garage was full beyond capacity on the 1st night that we had to hunt for a parking spot far away from our room. On check out we were charged additional $50 for "resort fee" despite having the stay prepaid in full. Needless to say we did not even get a chance to use the included 2 hr bike rental or 1 hr of canoeing. Overall, a very disappointing and stressful stay. We will never stay there again!

Room Tip: Do not book through third party.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business