“Baytowne wharf has finally overdeveloped.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Village of Baytowne Wharf
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Destin
New York City, New York
“Baytowne wharf has finally overdeveloped.”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

This used to be a very fun place to spend with the family. It has now become overly crowded with daily restruant customers.

If you would like to attempt an evening dinner, I suggest mid-week and slightly out of the summer season.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Stewart S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed in 3BR condo. Condo itself was nice, but the location was horrible. If you get a room/condo in Observation North overlooking bars and expect to get a good night's sleep...forget about it. Major nuisance.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Sandra L
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

This is my family's second year staying in the le jardin area and I love it. I love the three story unit (less all of the stairs) because there's privacy for everyone and space for everyone. Although I enjoyed the elegance of the first unit we stayed in, I specifically appreciate the customer service received during my recent stay. The rain from the previous week made a mess in some units, including ours. But the owner went above and beyond to ensure our comfort and satisfaction. We cooked most of the time that we were there. Because my family was made up of young, middle aged and older, the area was perfect for all. We especially enjoyed the dinner cruise and the pool and beach. Shopping and go kart riding were not far at all. The units are well kept and clean. The balconies were a favorite of my parents, as this is where they had breakfast each morning. My husband and I love walking to another broken egg for breakfast. All in all we had a wonderful trip and the owners made it even more wonderful. We hated to return home.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lilmissqt
texas
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

We are on our way back after visiting for a week. We booked our rental through vrbo.com at the Pilot House-327/329. It was a 2 bedroom and was PERFECT!! We had our puppy with us so being pet friendly was important!!! We cooked most of our meals in our condo or at the poolside gas grill, but did get drinks and appetizers a few times down at the village. The village is very family friendly and has many bars, restaurants and shops. We loved Rum Runners --the crawfish tails appetizer was yummy and we loved the live music each night!!! Also, Gringo's Tex-Mex was AMAZING!!! I had read a bad review of this restaurant--not sure what planet the reviewer was on ??!!! We thought the food was great and ordered out even!!! My daughters liked the frozen yogurt shop and the arcade. We visited a couple of area beaches by just driving down 98 and along the coast until we saw one. They are much less crowded than the one at the resort. The area is AMAZING and we can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank nickel5
Reserve, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed here July 9 to July 12, 2013. Its a great location if you dont want to stay on the Beach. Plenty of stuff to do and places to eat. They have something going on everynight at the Village. Just a short tram ride to the beach. The water was crystal clear and sand was beautiful.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kandee J
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I almost booked accomodation here for our family vacation. Boy am I glad I didn't. We visited one evening and found the village quite dirty and smelly. There were cigarette butts everywhere. Even under the tables in the cafe where we purchased ice cream. If there has to be smoking, is it too much to expect for someone to clean up the disgusting mess.
Also, why is it necessary to charge $4 for a 2 minute carousel ride? We had 4 kids, so we felt $16 was a complete rip off.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike H
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

I was looking to get away for a couple of days and chose to use book it to find a spot in Destin. I ended up staying at Pilot House at Baytowne Wharf. The unit was great and located right on top of the restaurants an bars. I would recommend pilot house for couples or solo travelers.

Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank hobnobgulfshores
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Inn on Destin Harbor
Inn on Destin Harbor
#26 of 39 in Destin
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Been to Village of Baytowne Wharf? Share your experiences!