“Unbelievable service, staff and value!”

Inn on Destin Harbor
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Anacoco, Louisiana
“Unbelievable service, staff and value!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have stayed many places (and lived) on the gulf coast for a long time. Some 5 star, some not so much. I cannot overstate enough, the impeccable service the inn provides. Really. I've read the reviews about it being old. I'm old! I like to think I'm getting better with age. We were here for a weekend job interview and didn't plan on spending much time indoors but, the view changed our plans a little! Amazing! Watched the dolphins, while having drinks from the balcony in the evenings. Walking distance to fine dining, shopping, watersports. (Although it was a little cold for that). The staff cannot be rated highly enough! From getting local directions at 1am to getting an emergency band-aid, they were all so pleasant and helpful. I'm sorry I didn't get all their names but Dennis was exceptional! They all were! Yes, she's old. She's not a highrise. She has charachter, charm, and an understated elegance you don't find much anymore. My complaints? The mattresses were too soft for a guy with a bad back. But, I bet had I said anything, the staff would have found me a stiffer one! No need, I expect this with hotel mattresses and adapt. The microwave was in the lobby. But it was always such a pleasure interacting with the staff, who cared? So, you can't nuke your biscuits in the nude. The bathroom is small, but the shower always had hot water! And the layout was awesome. She could get ready while I showered without me fogging up the mirror. The Inn is a true gem and I'm only sorry I didn't find her sooner. If you need valet parking, catered room service, and a Butler, she might not be for you. (Although I have little doubt they would accommodate ). If you're looking to be welcomed like family, in a convenient location with amazing views, you can't go wrong with this beautiful Inn. I can't thank them enough for facilitating such an amazing weekend! I only hope to be there next time for the Friday night social. We will be back once a month through the off-season for sure. Thanks again to all the people at MY new little Inn!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank alysonsfather
Carolyn N, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Destin Harbor, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thanks for this review! I loved reading it!! And you are absolutely right, had you mentioned being uncomfortable on your mattress, we would have changed it out for you. We really do strive to make our guests happy. And I'm so glad to know you were!! We look forward to you coming back to YOUR "new little inn"!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Tifton, Georgia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The Inn is in a great location to everything and was very affordable. The staff was friendly and the continental breakfast was standard but good. The lobby was nicely decorated for the holidays and room was very clean. However, our TV was in need of replacing or repairing. The picture would jolt around and was hazy. The remote picked when it wanted to work with the TV so most of the time we used the side buttons. The balcony had great views of the harbor but also a lone chair that was in the shallows by the lounge and staff had not bothered to remove. It obviously was blown in and had been there some days. The biggest issue we had and other rooms seemed to have the same, was the sliding glass doors to the balcony. The door was nearly impossible to open and when you did open it, made a horrible screeching noise as it closed. The glass was scratched so this has been an obvious issue for awhile. In consideration of other guests around, we did not use the balcony as much as I would have liked because of the almost inability to open and the ear piercing noise when closing.

Room Tip: Harbor side balcony room for sure.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Carolyn N, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Destin Harbor, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
I'm sorry you had an issue with your sliding glass door as that certainly is not the way the doors are supposed to function. Sometimes the weather (wind, salt air) gives them a beating, but we work to get them fixed up right away. I'm certain you will have a much easier time with your door next time! This time of year allows us the opportunity to do many renovations and upgrades (TVs for one!), so we are! We hope you will be back to Destin soon and will choose to stay with us and can see our improvements!

Thank you for the review! We really do appreciate it!!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We always stay at Inn on Destin Harbor when we visit Destin. The location is great and the view is amazing! They have free Wi-Fi, so my husband can work, while me and kids enjoy their beach and pool area. Alina, at the front desk is the best! I always stop by the front desk to have a little chat with her!

• Stayed December 2013
We are glad you and your family choose to stay with us when you visit Destin. There is something for everyone here. Alina has been with us for a while and does a great job. I'll be sure to pass on the compliment to her!

Thank you for the review! We really appreciate it!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Great location, close to everything. Denny night auditor is very friendly and helpful, he gave us excellent recommendations about places to visit in town. The waterfront room view is amazing, we have seen dolphins in the harbor from our balcony.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Denny is a great member of our team!! I'll be sure to pass on your compliment to him. We hope you will be back soon....the dolphins have been amazing lately!!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Inn on Destin Harbor has a breathtaking view of the water. We travel to Destin often and always stay at the Inn. Be sure to request a Harbor view. This hotel is family owned and operated which ensures top notch service. The rooms are always clean and we are able to walk to many of the restaurants and shopping nearby. Each evening at 5pm free wine and champagne are offered and an extensive complementary breakfast from 6-10am. For short stays or extended stays I would recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kimberly B
We are so glad you choose to stay with us while in Destin. We love our repeat guests and enjoy getting a chance to get to know them. We look forward to you staying with us again soon!!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We really appreciate it!!

(Just to clarify, complimentary champagne is available Friday evenings and wine on Wednesday evenings...but maybe we should consider doing it EVERY night!!)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My husband and I Stayed there for four days and it was really nice! Private beach access but not to swim just to sit there and enjoy the view. Great service and very nice staff!! Breakfast is provided every morning. Also if you like to go fishing there is access to the docks and can fish from there. There is public beach area close to the hotel like two miles away. This is my third time at this hotel and I will definitely go back and stay there.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank alaad531
Thank you for the review! We are so glad you enjoyed your (3rd!) stay with us! We hope you and your husband will be back very soon!!
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Inn on Destin Harbor for 5 nights Sept. 24-20th on our way to Miami and had a great stay. It is definitely not the nicest hotel but if you are looking for a good deal in great location this is the place! Every room has a balcony and it is worth it to pay the extra few dollars to get the harbor view because the sunsets are to die for from the balcony on the back of the building over the harbor! There are numerous restaurants within walking distance that are delicious! Also, within walking distance is the Harbor Walk which makes for a fun afternoon. There are numerous companies on the Harbor Walk that offer all sorts of water sports and dolphin cruises. We went on a sunset dolphin cruise and it was great!

The breakfast in the morning is nothing to brag about, it includes bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. We didn't make it down to the pool or small area of sand on the harbor as we drove to different beaches not far from the hotel every day. It is not really possible to swim in the water off the sand as that is where boats are docked in the harbor and there are lots of fish in the water very close. We didn't have any complaints and the ladies at the front desk were very helpful in recommending things to do! We would stay here again if we make it back to Destin!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the harbor view! Gorgeous sunsets!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kaleyu
Carolyn N, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Destin Harbor, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
So glad you were able to witness the beautiful sunsets over the harbor. "To die for" is a great way to describe them! Nice to hear you were able to take advantage of our great location as well. There really is a lot to do and see right nearby. Our front desk staff really does a good job and we love to hear it! We certainly hope you will make it back to Destin to stay with us again!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!