“you could spend hundreds more and not get this view and service”

Inn on Destin Harbor
Ranked #33 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed 6 December 2010

This is a dream deal for anyone wanting an intimate beautiful gulf getaway. This boutique hotel is for those wanting an upscale retreat from the mega resort properties. An amazing location and view --- so valuable --- but the service and comfort factor was the true treasure. Plus the location overlooking beautiful yachts and blue waters, AND next door to the top rated restaurant in Destin, The Marina Cafe, is a huge bonus. You MUST work this property into your trip plan. They are dog friendly. Sadie thought she was in heaven, and us too. Do you realize how hard it is to find a top quality property ocean view property to enjoy with your 'dog child'? This is it! We thank the owner for being modern, cool, and chic.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 November 2010

Air did not blow cold in the first room, they upgraded us to harborside for free because of that which was nice but the room we went to has a few cleanliness issues. You can just tell housekeeping is lazy. I found a silver handle sticking out from under the matress, when I pulled it out I found that it was a used spoon! The flat sheet was put on inside out with the yellow ugly seam showing. When I had to look behnd the nightstand for something.that dropped there was trash back there and it was dirty. The breakfast was not good, the fruit looked too gross to try, juice room temp, all the coffee containers where dirty on the outside, you could tell no one had wiped them down in quite a while. There is no excellence or even attempt at excellence there which to me reflects poor management. I'm not one to be overly critical, I just depend on reviews myself and wanted to share our experience to maybe help someone else know what they'd be in for.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Breath takin view. Loby decorated very nive. Breakfast was very good. Plenty of hot water in shower.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I hosted a group of 8 business allies and selected the Inn for our stay. The mgr was very helpful with suggestions for restaurants. The hotel from the highway doesn't indicate what a jewel it is inside, and what a beautiful view there is from the harbor-side rooms! The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean. The rooms are nicely decorated. The mgr took the time to take 5 of us on a harbor boat ride! I would highly recommend the Inn to anyone -whether for business or pleasure!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We chose this hotel for its HARBOR VIEW and were not disappointed. It has an adequate pool and very small beach area on the harbor for sunning. IF a swimming beach is important, do not stay here. We stayed three nights, loving the views and convenient location to almost every thing Destin has to offer. King bed. The Harbor Walk is fun and only 4 blocks away. Several boat trips and rentals are available all around the hotel. The Dolphin cruise was great ($22 for seniors). The hotel is showing some signs of age and wear, but is OK and a good value for Destin (good hotels are high here). The continental breakfast (free) was very good, but seating was a problem. Pets are allowed (charge) and we did hear dogs next door but they didn't keep us awake. We will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Our recent trip to Destin was one of the best. This hotel is charming, comfortable and romantic. The staff was welcoming and very pleasant. The room was clean, cool and comfortable. The view of the harbor was so wonderful. I enjoyed atching the boats, the ducks and the jumping fish. Beautiful at night will all the lights sparkling on the water. So romantic. We enjoyed the free champange in the lobby lounge area and chatting with other guests. The hotel is close to great restaurants and good shopping. We will be back for sure. Can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I recently stayed at the Inn on Destin Harbor. I just want to say it was one of the best motel experience I had in a long time. Its not a new place but it felt like home. The staff treated me like family not like a tourist . They know when your away from home you kind of feel out of place, they make you feel at home. Great view of the harbor, nice room and friendly staff. Best of all for me being a Vietnam Vet. It was all American, no smell of curry in the hall, I was treated like one of the family . I highly recommend this hotel, I will be going back. Thanks again guys.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple