“Think carefully before you choose Edgewater!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Destin
Edgewater Beach Condominium
Zanesville, Ohio
“Think carefully before you choose Edgewater!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I have traveled to many places all over the world and have NEVER been treated the way my family was treated at Edgewater.
Edgewater is in a good location and nice,but somewhat dated. I would not recommend Edgewater to anyone until the General Manager is replaced with someone who actually considers their guests TOP priority over hearsay from a guest at a neighboring complex.
Just because we took advantage of the drop in rates does not mean we are not a decent family and that we should be treated any different!
You may want to state in your rules that laser pointers are not allowed because they are sold in all of the shops. To evict a family with children in the middle of the night is very sad. I hate it that this is the memory my kids will have of this trip. Even though we ended up staying we felt uncomfortable the rest of the trip. Like I said please print this in your rules before another family lets one of their kids have a laser pointer to have fun with and ends up with a very upset child and family!

• Stayed July 2013
7 Thank Sunsecr
Edgewater Beach C, Manager at Edgewater Beach Condominium, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
We strive to keep our "policies and rules" as short as possible and leave certain scenarios up to personal judgment. While we have no problem with guests using laser pointers in the privacy of their rooms, we do not allow them to be used outside. This is especially the case when using them to target other guests or their rooms. Additionally, laser pointers are illegal to use in many scenarios including pointing them at law enforcement officials, vehicles, aircraft or boats. At Edgewater we want everyone's experience to be a pleasant one and discourage any behavior that may be disruptive to other guests. Following the incident described in the above review, we amended our policies to include "laser pointers". You can find a link to our rental policies at the bottom of our official website: www.edgewaterbeach.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was our 6th or 7th time at the Edgewater. Beach...with 2 complimentary chairs and umbrella is great. Can walk right off the beach and jump in one of the 2 pools. Workout room is adequate for a vacation. Beach is clean and the water was very clear this year...did not see any jellyfish and algae was very light. Could go out farther than we wanted and still see the bottom. Nice location with grocery store and outlet mall across the street. If you want to go out for dinner...go east rather than toward Destin. Many, many very nice smaller restaurants in Santa Rosa and other locations that way.

We were in unit 900...rented through Southern Resorts rather than directly from the Edgewater. Doable...but would certainly rank last of the units we have stayed in before. First it is smaller. They say there are 3 flat screen TVs...but the two in the bedrooms are more the size of ipads. Luckily I had some binoculars in the car to watch the one that worked from across the room. The other one would not work the entire time we were there. Me, my wife and 3 teens did all we could to figure it out...but apparently the cable is not turned on in that room. Both bathrooms are very small...much smaller than what we have had in the past.

Check-in was at 4:00. We got there early...figured we would get our stuff and go to the beach/pool until the room was ready. First told by Southern Resorts that we would have to pick up our stuff from their office dropbox (it was Sunday) before we could do so and that they would text us when ready. This was about 11:00...so we messed around and ate lunch...and then called to check the progress about 1:00. Then we were told we could go to the beach/pool and that they would text us when ready and we could just go to the Edgewater Office to get what we needed to get into the room. We went to the beach/pool...but the text never came. We finally called after 4:00 and they claimed to have sent the text (don't think so)..and the switched up again by telling us that we had to go back to their office to get our stuff from the dropbox. Checkout was easy.

Long story short...good place to stay...don't rent unit 900,

Room Tip: Not unit 900.
1 Thank JeffIndiana33
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The rooms need updated... They treat you as if your children nothing the so called manager said to us was friendly in anyway... You can stay in a bigger, cleaner and friendlier place for cheaper! The Manager just walks around with her nose in the air with her fu fu dog... I know we won't ever stay there again... We had 6 rooms rented for 25 of us and we all felt the same.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Boatinggirl0311
Edgewater Beach C, Manager at Edgewater Beach Condominium, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
As with any vacation rental property, we have rules that must be followed. Guests must review these rules and sign stating that they understand. If the rules are not followed, we reserve the right to evict. Instead of evicting this guest, they were given a second chance and were great for the remainder of their visit. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience, good or bad, with us.
Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Look no futher! Unit 204 is a 3 bed 3 bath unit and is ground level. No elevators and the sliding doors open to a nice patio and then onto GRASS!!!! With 6 adults and 3 grandkids ranging from 6 to 2, it was a heaven send....We have stayed in several different Destin properties over the past 20 years and this is by far the best for a family. A playground for the kids(which had the evening shade after 4pm), plenty of grass lawn to play on and the pools are right out your door and the beach is right there also. You have a view of the ocean for the patio. Three wonderful pools, one being a kiddy pool. The place was full, but never had any problems with crowding. We leased through Ocean Reef and they were equally impressive. So, if you are headed to Destin, be sure to look at this place before you lease.

Room Tip: Any unit would be good, but lower rooms open on grassy area
1 Thank hawkihTexas
TN
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Now a family of 5, we just stayed a week here with 3 kiddos age 6, 3.5 and 2. We enjoyed our stay. I booked a unit via VRBO on the 13th floor that I suppose the owners managed through Edgewater. While I have stayed in nicer units as far as cabinetry and decor at other resorts, we still thought our unit was great. The resort itself has a baby pool that all of my kids enjoyed and my oldest enjoyed the bigger pools. The tiki bar was nice for drinks/snacks/slushies by the pool and we even got a $20 gift certificate for it by booking through the resort. Beach service was also included. I was surprised that the resort and the area in general weren't as crowded as I expected. This was our first year to work around a child's school break so I anticipated higher crowds. Location was great to the Winn Dixie, the outlets, Pompano Joe's beachfront dining and we even drove 5 minutes or so to the Sandestin area a few nights to eat and let the kids walk around and play there. We rented a VRBO home nearby last fall and I really love this end of the beach. We also met lots of families with kids and everyone, guest wise, that we came in contact with was pleasant. Had limited interaction with Edgewater staff...which is good to me bc it means all went well. We will definitely be back. I thought the price was good compared to other resorts.

Room Tip: The pool is tucked away from the ground units here which makes these units more desirable than groun...
2 Thank Momof2lilboys
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

We rented through Sterling and stayed at Edgewater resorts. Edgewater provides no customer service AT ALL if booked through Sterling. Staff actually quits speaking to you when informed of this. Room outdated. Not enough bedding available for designated occupants. No lights or fans in bedrooms. TV broken. Air conditioner went out at 10 pm on Saturday night. It could not be fixed until Monday morning because Edgewater had to give clearance for Sterling personnel to access the unit. It's JUNE!!! We must thank Jim, Sterling rep, who went out if his way, after hours, to locate us to another room. It was inconvenient but at least we had AC. I recommend NOT booking at Edgewater thru Sterling. I cannot say if its like this at all locations.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Molbert
Atlanta
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed at the Edgewater Beach Condominiums in June 2013 with our almost 3 year old and our 12 month old. Overall, our stay was very nice. The reservations process was easy with prompt email responses to the questions I submitted, etc.

Our unit (#1103) was a bit outdated, but it was fine. We were at the beach - - we didn't need anything super fancy. It was clean and had plenty of supplies for what we needed (i.e. towels, dishes, starter paper goods, etc.) The balcony was large and while I would never leave our toddlers unattended on ANY balcony, it did not appear unusually dangerous as a couple of other reviews had implied. (I made sure to book a unit that did not have bar-height stools on the balcony so that our 2 year old could safely sit in the chairs.)

We had a great view of the pools and the beach from our balcony plus saw a fireworks show on Saturday night, which I'm guessing was from Sandestin Resort.

The location is great with a fantastic beach and nice pools. I loved having the chairs and umbrella included in the rental. That was a huge plus. And, the guys in charge of setting up the chairs and distributing them were super nice.

I was disappointed in the depth of the toddler wading pool. In my mind, I had pictured a baby pool and instead my 1 year old could just barely stand in the water. (and she's tall for her age) We had to hold onto her constantly (rather than letting her walk on her own around the pool while we watched from the side.) While I would never leave them unattended, it would have been nice to let our kids have a little more freedom in there but the water was just way too deep for that. Admittedly, the Edgewater website does call it a toddler wading pool and not a baby pool, but I had never seen such. So, I pictured something different.

It's unfortunate that this resort has not put in a really nice playground for ALL ages. The playground they do have is only appropriate for older children. They have plenty of space to expand/re-do this. So, maybe someday they will. A bigger playground or splashpad would be a great addition to this resort.

Overall, though, this resort was great for our trip. I would stay here again. It will be even nicer in a couple of years when my kids can enjoy all of the amenities.

Aside from the resort, Destin was a fantastic place to take small kids. Destin Commons was a huge hit with their splash pad, play structures and train. Also, the Village at Sandestin Resort was great too. Their playground was fantastic (although, don't go there in the heat of the day). They also have a carousel, which my 2 year old enjoyed. We ate at the pizza place there (Roberto's, I think) and at Rum Runners. Both were good choices for our family.

Room Tip: For my taste, I'd like any of the units ending with "03", "04" or "05&q...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family