“Awesome Vacation...Very Relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Destin
Edgewater Beach Condominium
Cincinnati
“Awesome Vacation...Very Relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2008

I don't normally find the need to write a review but, we enjoyed our stay at Edgewater Beach so much, that it's necessary. My husband, myself and daughter stayed in Unit 1008 (one bedroom & fold out). It was the perfect size for the 3 of us. The unit is decorated with really nice furniture and decor which really makes a difference. The view was great also.

Beach and pool access was very key to us as that's where we spend the majority of our vacation. Having the 2 chairs and umbrella provided made such a huge difference to us and even more relaxing. You didn't have to worry about what time you got down there and the guys taking care of them were great too. If you go, make sure you tip them very well. These guys are running all the time make sure umbrellas are up or down depending on what the guest wants. The set up and take down is a huge job in itself especially the days it rains and then stops.

Shopping and food was great. You could eat casual or really nice, depending on your mood. The location was excellent too. Very close to whatever you wanted to do.

My only advice would be to make absolutely sure that you bring your confirmation paperwork that you receive in the mail prior to the trip. We had a certain situation come up and it would have been resolved a lot faster if we hadn't forgotten this paperwork at home. Other than that.....Great, great, great!!!

• Liked — Comfortability and the Beach Accomodations
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank L0veT0Relax

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Jasper, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2008

Edgewater was a great place to stay! We have a 4 year old and 2 year old, and had a wonderful time staying at the Edgewater! Our rooms were very clean, the staff was very helpful in giving directions, suggestions, etc. They were VERY nice to our children. The heated pool was just right for swimming. It is big enough to allow kids the space they need to have a good time. The beach was very nice, the free chairs and umbrella were a blessing! We are definitely planning on another stay!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2008

My family and I just came back from Destin, FL. We went for Mother's Day. We had a wonderful trip. The condo was awesome. The guy at the front desk when we checked in was very nice and helpful. We had no problems getting into the gate. They give you a gate card so you don't have to punch in a code. The condo was very spacious and decorative. If you can book a terrace room it is worth it. The view was great but it looks like no matter what room you get everyone gets a great view of the ocean. And you can't beat being right on the beach. We will definitely go back!

• Liked — Full Kitchen and the view was awesome
  • Disliked — The walk from the elevator to our room.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank gocoolthompson
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2008

I wasn't going to post a review but after seeing the last post I though I should. I guess we stayed at Edgewater at the same time (or close to it) as the woman but we had a little different perspective on things.

First, we had a little trouble with the gate the first day we were there. But after reading the packet that we were given at check-in we had the code that was necessary to get in the gate. It was 0000. My daughter went to the store, and somehow forgot the code, but she got right in when she noticed the sign just below the number pad on the gate saying "Press 0000 to ring the office".

Second, the notices about eviction were posted in the elevators, and at first we though it was funny. Until the second day when we learned from another parent at the beach that three teenagers were caught throwing a plastic cooler off the 7th floor. Apparently it almost hit someone on the ground. I can tell you this, if it had been my child/
wife that almost was hit, eviction would have been the least of these kids problems.

The pool areas were great. One of the pools was heated, and the hot tub was great. I am not sure about the other pool (with the waterfall). The weather was too cold for an old man like myself to even consider trying. I bet it would be great in the Summer though.

My favorite things were the outdoor grills. We did go out to dinner quite a bit, but on those nights where you are too exhausted to deal with the crowds or having to get cleaned up they were perfect. My family might not agree, admittedly I'm not the best chef, but I had fun and thats what matters...right?

I can't remember which room we stayed in exactly, but I know it was a 3 bedroom on the 6th floor. I believe it was 604. Let me tell you, we have stayed at numerous places up and down the panhandle (including San Destin) and nothing even comes close. The floors were marble tile, there was a huge plasma television in the living room, and the most comfortable bed I have seen in a while. I thought about strapping the mattress to the hood and taking it home but my wife wouldn't allow it.

I saw that the poster before me did not think the balcony was safe for children, and I guess I agree. But then again what balcony is safe for an unattended toddler? There was a large planter box that went up about 3 feet and then there was about a 1 or 2 foot tall railing. I couldn't have climbed over it, but again I'm an old man and have trouble getting off the couch after a long nap. Haha.

Seriously though, this was one of the best vacations my family has ever had. My kids had a great time (even my 16 year old daughter who doesn't like anyone/anything that her parents suggest), and my wife seems to be willing to allow me to stay married to her for another year.

• Liked — The room and the views were second to none.
  • Disliked — The outlets are right across the street and my wife and daughter pushed back my expected retirement date.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank BeachDad1
Nashvile, TN- Home of the Titans!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2008

We just came back from a week at Edgewater...Spring Break...We were traveling with a two year old and our two fourteen year old daughters and selected Edgewater based on a Trip advisor review that recommended it if you were traveling with a preschooler...I wanted to be certain that no one else made the same choices I did without all of the info.
The great childrens wading pool appeared to be a defunct hot tub....definately defunct because it was freezing in 7 days I saw not one toddler near it. July it might be great but earlier not so good.
The playground might be appropriate for 5 to 6 year olds but not preschoolers. The slides etc were high . The balconies were NOT even a little bit safe for a toddler and had a low threshold coupled with a wide planter.....we spent no time out there with our son and I talked to other parents who were as surprised as I was. . The room was nice and beautifully furnished but considering it was one of the pricier properties I expected more from the property..there was no lobby- the gate was locked but not manned during the day we had a visitor and they had to reach me by cell to call and ask someone to let her in.There is a code (four zeros) that calls from the gate keypad but neither I nor my guest knew that ,
the staff was very helpful. when asked but not nearby.They even charged for local calls......also posted in all of the elevators were ominous messages about how many families had been evicted with no refund of rent already that week admonishing you to control your children..... I thought initially they were talking about really out of control Spring Breaking frat boys and told the gentleman when I checked in that I had "good kids" he replied " that's what they all say" without a hint of a smile...talk about your welcome wagon and this was checking in. ...being evicted became our family theme for the week and a great running joke as the signs kept being updated with more evictees. The beach was great but for the same or less money next year I am either going to Sandestin or Tops'l for more amenities or spend about half as much and make my teens happy and go back to Surfside. (we stayed there last year )
As for the other Destin with preschooler tips they were right on....Destin Commons AND Baytowne Wharf were BOTH big hits with ALL my Chidren...also Fudpuckers for lunch was a ball for all as well!
If you are traveling wth no children and just want a beautiful view you would probably really like Edgewater...it is very quiet and convenient to the grocery and shopping.

• Liked — The view....location!
  • Disliked — The bacony
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank Mom2acrew
drawusadotcom, owner, unit #312 at Edgewater Beach Condominium, responded to this review, 15 March 2010
We have owned here for years. I am blown away by this review. First, this person says the balconies are not safe for toddlers. I agree. If you want to put your toddler out on the deck, unattended, they will not be safe. Nor would any other balcony. The locked gate is not always manned, because you receive a key ( like a hotel card key ), that is used to open the gate. Then, they complained about notices posted that say to watch your children, people are evicted for the actions of their kids. I am so glad that our team watches over the property closely. One year we came home to find out their was a party going next door late at night. One drunk kid jumped from the 3rd floor to avoid the police that were called. All were evicted. Thank God this is not a party property.
Montgomery, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2008

Has everything you could wish for! From beach front, very roomy and beautifully decorated condos to the large and very nice pools, our group couldn't have asked for anything more. Very convenient to the outlet mall, restaurants and grocery stores. Very easy to find and easy to get to! Would definitely recommend and would also stay there again!

• Liked — large, very roomy and beautifully decorated.
  • Disliked — refrigerator didn't get cold fast enough.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tomaloma
Indianapolis, In
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2007

Edgewater was probably nice in it's day, but it is showing its age. The terrace unit we stayed in had stained dirty carpet, the wallpaper was beginning to peel, the terrace flooring was peeling. The windows thoughout the complex were not clean.

The waterfall on the pool was not working. Several HVAC parts / ductwork were laying around the pool for two days. The poolside bar was not always open. The party room went days without being cleaned from the previous parties. The office staff was unfriendly and uninformative. I had read that no pets were allowed. After arrival noticed several dogs and was informed pets were allowed by "owners".

After a rain, the lower level parking garage was flooded with about 8" of water. Had to "katrina" it over to my vehicle. Cars were allowed to park overnight in the covered loading zone.

Will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
5 Thank IndyTraveler1000
Edgewater Beach C, Manager at Edgewater Beach Condominium, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We agree that unit 908 is not up to standard. It is not one of the units on the in-house rental program for that reason. We at Edgewater Beach Condominium keep our units up to date and have the units cleaned and inspected prior to each arrival. Be sure to call 800-822-4929 to reserve a unit that is on the in-house rental program to ensure the highest standard of decor, amenities and cleanliness.