“Excellent family vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Destin
Edgewater Beach Condominium
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Excellent family vacation”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is our 3rd stay at the Edgewater Condo. We love it. The beach is beautiful. Condo comes with 2 chair and a beach umbrella daily. There is no shortage of chairs as people are not allowed to "reserve" chairs without using them. Eric, the beach attendant is great--we remember him from years past. My kids chimed in that the pools are as nice as the beach is. No condos are far from the beach. All condos have full kitchens, W/D and comfy beds. Covered parking for cars and smaller SUVs. We came several weeks after a 20" rain, but the place seemed to be running smoothly without any major glitches. Check in was a breeze. Grocery store within walking distance. Will come again!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank C L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 June 2014

What a waste! As soon as I arrived, I wanted to leave. It was impossible to find the front office to check in, then to find parking. Management, like the front office, is detached from your experience here. When I called and asked for laundry detergent, the answer was, "at Winn Dixie," which is down the street. Also, one day we returned from being out, and our condo's front door was wide open. When I called the front desk, the response was that I was responsible for it and then they sent someone to see if I had stolen anything from the condo. The last horrible experience includes the cleanliness of the place. In the middle of the week, I saw a bug come out of the already molded, black crease in the tub and crawl across the floor, then back to the crease in the tub. Needless to say, never in my life will I stay here or tell my worst enemy to stay here. We plan on leaving early, not staying my entire, prepaid vacation.

• Stayed June 2014
14 Thank RachelM986
Kansas
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We've stayed numerous places in Destin over the years. We stayed here for the first time last year & liked it so much that we are going back this year. Although the unit we stayed in last year was nice, it was too far away from the beach. We're looking forward to staying at the opposite end this year. The pools, tiki bar, and ground are well kept. Laurel has been great to deal with, both last year and this year. Parking was great, security always visible. Looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: Stay as close to the beach as possible, otherwise you won't hear the surf.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KansasWildcat99
roswell
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here in unit#405 from 5/17-5/24. The condo is always nice so we ususally stay in the same one. I do have some disapointments about the property though. Last year I fell in love with the tiki bar by the pool, the drinks were great and the people that worked there were all very nice. I do have to say though that my tab was higher than it should have been this year for only two people and ordering food only one time. Also, what is up with the gratuity added on, there is no one waiting on me, jsut making what I order and calling my name to pick it up. This is a rip off and should be terminated. ALso, the pool was closed for at least 3 days while we were there and I am not sure if it opened cause we left on Friday and the tape was still around it. I love Edgewater but I just may have to stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: all rooms have ocean view
3 Thank tboneroswell
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is my third trip to Edgewater. My wife and I always stay in the same condo. I don't care to give out the number as I do not want to have a problem getting a reservation in it the next time. I've read reviews here that this place needs renovating. I'm sure each condo is a story in itself. We just happened to luck out and find a good one the first time. We went about 2 weeks after the big rain event. The only problem was that the elevators were not at full capacity. This wasn't really a problem since the summer crowd hasn't come in fully. We had a great relaxing stay. There was a front that passed through bringing high winds and cool temps for May but the beach was sunny and the condo blocked the winds. It turned out great after all. The beach attendant Eric is and always has been an asset to Edgewater. He has been there for 12 years. We remember him from past trips and he is always helpful, courteous and vigilant about keeping the beach clean. He's always attentive to your needs. The beach chair set up is one of the reasons we go to Edgewater. Makes for a lighter packing on the way to and from. Another great thing about Edgewater is the parking under the condo if you drive a car. Trucks and vans can't fit but if you drive a car, it's always shaded, cool and free of salt air settling on your vehicle. Security was high and we always felt secure. We didn't have any problems with check in or out like some of the other reviews stated. The proximity to businesses in the area is ideal. Winn Dixie is walking distance as is Burger King, Waffle House, IHOP just to name a few. Also there is a huge outlet mall right across the highway. We had an enjoyable stay and will return to Edgewater when visiting Miramar Beach again.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 08 or 07 are close to elevators and trash chutes. I find these to be noisy at bad ti...
5 Thank jjc2523
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I have been staying at Edgewater Beach for the last 4 years multiple times a year, (sometimes as many as 4 visits in a year, as little as twice a year) and it is normally a great place to stay. However this past week we booked a early vacation before the summer crowds begin to roll in for some summer fun. Our Stay was from May 7th thru the 15th, and it was a horrible stay. First and foremost I want to express my understanding that they had a unfortunate accident due to the weather and the pond on the property next door that caused some damage to the parking lot. I am not blaming them for this event that was a act of nature. However as a courtesy I think that as a visitor I should have been notified of the effects of this event on the amenities as well as the condition of the beach. I believe I should have been notified before arrival that there were going to be construction issues, parking issues, as well as compromised amenities when I arrived at the property. Upon arrival I attempted to check in, (Make note that they just implemented policy changes to make payments a full 30 days in advance before your stay, quoting that this was to allow check in to run quicker and more smoothly) this was not the case in my experience. First I had to wait as the desk attendant was on the phone for better than 10 minutes with someone while I stood and waited for her to finish. I was not informed of the conditions on the property upon arrival (heated pool was broken and Ice Cold, Hot Tub was not working,) This was fixed further into our trip but I do believe I should have been made aware upon my arrival that things were not in working order. So After getting settled we made our way down to the beach. This is the most upsetting part of the stay, the damage from the drainage on the beach had eroded two huge cuts into the beach, both with standing water that stunk horribly of standing water and sewage. They did nothing to drain this water, or attempt to clean it up in any fashion during our stay. This is most disappointing on the sheer fact that we pay good money to come and enjoy the beach, there was no way with the smell and the pools of water you could enjoy the water at all. Also during our stay I was very upset that Maintenance barged into my room without even a knock to check on my dishwasher. Couldn't that have waited till later in the day, and why on earth would you just barge into someones room unannounced in a non emergency situation. It makes me question just how safe any of my belongings have been in the past trips and in future trips.
Like I stated above I usually really enjoy my trips to edgewater, have frequented this property multiple times a year in the last 4 years and have been pleased with my stays. However after this trip sadly I believe I will be seeking other accommodations for our trip to Destin in late August. This time the management and grounds crew were unusually rude and I believe that I should have been notified that the property had been damaged as well as told that just because the parking lot had damage that the integrity of the actual building had not been compromised. The only gracious staff that we had the whole trip was Eric the Beach Attendant, he is always out in the heat in the sand with a smile ready to help you with Beach Chair and Umbrella accommodations during your stay. I am not sure if its a testament to how often we stay here or he just has a great memory but he always smiles and says, "Where would you like to set up camp today Mr. G?"
It really does not bring me any pleasure to have to write a bad review on this place as it has been near to my heart over the years now. We even stayed here when we were married in 2012. But I believe something needs to be done with the management and grounds staff before there are a bunch of upset Home Owners who find that there are less and less guest frequently renting their properties. I am giving it two stars because as always condo 1000 was in great shape with great decor, also the addition by the owners of the ceiling fan in the master bedroom was a great addition.

Sincerely

Mason Gary

11 Thank Mason G
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed in room #1503, which was very nice and updated. Great view of the ocean! The pools were nice for the family (one is heated) and they had a larger hot tub as well. Beautiful white sand beach, not a rock in sight. Kids did a lot of boogie boarding, played some basketball and swam. Weather was on the cool side, high 60's to low 70's, but coming from Wisconsin it was fine and actually hot on the beach.

Location was great, you could get groceries just down the road. Only downside was the Master bed was a little too soft, almost like a water bed, but otherwise it was great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Edgewater Beach C, Front Office Manager at Edgewater Beach Condominium, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I am glad you like condo 1503, and that you had a great time. Please come visit us again soon, if you ever get a chance to come down in the fall the weather is great at the time and not as crowded.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#20 of 39 in Destin
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort

Been to Edgewater Beach Condominium? Share your experiences!