“NOT FAIR”

Edgewater Beach Condominium
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I called Suzanne Harris to finally use my certificate for a “3 night stay in a 2 bedroom condo” at Edgewater Beach Resort purchased from Todd Huff's Ridin' Strokin' Bowlin' cancer treatment benefit. I purchased this certificate for the sole purpose of my mother being able to enjoy this resort along with my husband and me. She had gotten very ill, my husband and I along with my sister took care of her and she has since past away. Since the certificate DID NOT have an expiration date I thought no problem, my husband and I could finally use this for an upcoming wedding in Sept. Per Suzanne, she told whomever picked up the certificate, that there WAS an expiration time frame (not true). I spent a lot of money on this certificate that I can't use. So just imagine how I'm feeling people. I can't post it.

10  Thank TERESA P
There are newer reviews for Edgewater Beach Condominium

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We booked 2 condos side-by-side and had a total of 13 people staying between the two. Some of the best and most convenient pools in Destin, especially for children. Beach access is great, with chairs and umbrellas included with stay. Located convenient to most things in Destin. Will certainly stay here again.

1  Thank Todd A
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is our 3rd stay at the Edgewater Condo. We love it. The beach is beautiful. Condo comes with 2 chair and a beach umbrella daily. There is no shortage of chairs as people are not allowed to "reserve" chairs without using them. Eric, the beach attendant is great--we remember him from years past. My kids chimed in that the pools are as nice as the beach is. No condos are far from the beach. All condos have full kitchens, W/D and comfy beds. Covered parking for cars and smaller SUVs. We came several weeks after a 20" rain, but the place seemed to be running smoothly without any major glitches. Check in was a breeze. Grocery store within walking distance. Will come again!!

4  Thank C L
Reviewed 12 June 2014

What a waste! As soon as I arrived, I wanted to leave. It was impossible to find the front office to check in, then to find parking. Management, like the front office, is detached from your experience here. When I called and asked for laundry detergent, the answer was, "at Winn Dixie," which is down the street. Also, one day we returned from being out, and our condo's front door was wide open. When I called the front desk, the response was that I was responsible for it and then they sent someone to see if I had stolen anything from the condo. The last horrible experience includes the cleanliness of the place. In the middle of the week, I saw a bug come out of the already molded, black crease in the tub and crawl across the floor, then back to the crease in the tub. Needless to say, never in my life will I stay here or tell my worst enemy to stay here. We plan on leaving early, not staying my entire, prepaid vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014
14  Thank RachelM986
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We've stayed numerous places in Destin over the years. We stayed here for the first time last year & liked it so much that we are going back this year. Although the unit we stayed in last year was nice, it was too far away from the beach. We're looking forward to staying at the opposite end this year. The pools, tiki bar, and ground are well kept. Laurel has been great to deal with, both last year and this year. Parking was great, security always visible. Looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: Stay as close to the beach as possible, otherwise you won't hear the surf.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KansasWildcat99
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here in unit#405 from 5/17-5/24. The condo is always nice so we ususally stay in the same one. I do have some disapointments about the property though. Last year I fell in love with the tiki bar by the pool, the drinks were great and the people that worked there were all very nice. I do have to say though that my tab was higher than it should have been this year for only two people and ordering food only one time. Also, what is up with the gratuity added on, there is no one waiting on me, jsut making what I order and calling my name to pick it up. This is a rip off and should be terminated. ALso, the pool was closed for at least 3 days while we were there and I am not sure if it opened cause we left on Friday and the tape was still around it. I love Edgewater but I just may have to stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: all rooms have ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tboneroswell
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is my third trip to Edgewater. My wife and I always stay in the same condo. I don't care to give out the number as I do not want to have a problem getting a reservation in it the next time. I've read reviews here that this place needs renovating. I'm sure each condo is a story in itself. We just happened to luck out and find a good one the first time. We went about 2 weeks after the big rain event. The only problem was that the elevators were not at full capacity. This wasn't really a problem since the summer crowd hasn't come in fully. We had a great relaxing stay. There was a front that passed through bringing high winds and cool temps for May but the beach was sunny and the condo blocked the winds. It turned out great after all. The beach attendant Eric is and always has been an asset to Edgewater. He has been there for 12 years. We remember him from past trips and he is always helpful, courteous and vigilant about keeping the beach clean. He's always attentive to your needs. The beach chair set up is one of the reasons we go to Edgewater. Makes for a lighter packing on the way to and from. Another great thing about Edgewater is the parking under the condo if you drive a car. Trucks and vans can't fit but if you drive a car, it's always shaded, cool and free of salt air settling on your vehicle. Security was high and we always felt secure. We didn't have any problems with check in or out like some of the other reviews stated. The proximity to businesses in the area is ideal. Winn Dixie is walking distance as is Burger King, Waffle House, IHOP just to name a few. Also there is a huge outlet mall right across the highway. We had an enjoyable stay and will return to Edgewater when visiting Miramar Beach again.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 08 or 07 are close to elevators and trash chutes. I find these to be noisy at bad ti...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple