Message from TripAdvisor:

and 1 more site!
The Islander
Ranked #13 of 55 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The Islander is a very nice property. Condo 213 was lovely and nicely equipped and spotlessly clean.Just beware if you rent from owner or outside agency you are not entitled to linen service or any functions. This was made clear to us by another quest while doing laundry.She said they do not like it if you rent from owners.Even so the ladies at the reception were very friendly to us.Also this unit does not have wifi.Pools are beautiful ,one heated, one not..All in all it was a nice vacation but not as warm as you think Florida would be in February. Next time will go farther south.You learn by experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Justretired48

Reviewed 31 January 2012

This is an older property that has recently been refurbished. The upgrades are quite nice. Rooms are large and very accommodating. Nicely appointed, clean, and well kept. The property is a great location, down by the "mouth" of the inter-coastal, so it sits on a wonderful beach, close to every thing for eats and attractions, but secluded like, with just a close walk to wonderful secluded beaches, with big dunes, and even a walkable distance to a very nice intercoastal beach as well. So if the ocean side is too windy or rough, the intercoastal could be totally different. The only negative about the rooms is that they are having to upgrade their internet wi-fi and all. That was a real problem while we were there. It will be fine once they get that fixed, I feel sure. Great outdoor areas, with 2 pools and 2 hot tubs, tennis, and close beach access. This place feels like you are at home. Enjoyed our stay ! ~ Jeffrey Stephenson

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms are great, from what I could tell. Higher has nicer views, ground floo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Islander Experience

What an experience planning a wedding out of state was to say a bit stressful however, with all said and done it could not have been better. My groom and I decided to move our 11/11/11 wedding from Las Vegas to Destin, FL to accommodate more family members. After much research we decided on the Islander Condos having never stayed there we did not know what to expect. We booked a condo for ten days and had planned our wedding on the beach then using the Islander’s Palm room for the reception as discussed with the staff of the Islander.

Two weeks before the big day I called to confirm plans only to discover that I had been given some miscommunication regarding the availability of the Palm room while in fact the room was being used for the board of directors for their annual dinner before their election of officers etc. now, I reverted to the panic mode being such a late date to find an alternate location for the reception on Veterans Day….. I was assured by Ms. Pat Fisher that she would speak with manager Susan Miller and they would come up with a way to pull everything off.

The next day Ms. Fisher called me to inform me that she had located a suitable location very close by on the bay with floor to ceiling windows and a great view, she emailed me pictures and it was perfect.
Upon arrival at the Islander we were greeted by very nice gentlemen making us feel very welcome and at home. I must add that Pat Fisher, Susan Miller and Helena were Phenomenal a pleasure to work with. We would highly recommend this location for whatever event you may have, you will not be disappointed. Did I mention that not only do they have luggage carts they also offer shopping carts making it very helpful in taking groceries to your condo. We will return.

The Landers.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Great town. Good beaches. Very nice condos. The service is always good. The rooms are always clean and very nicely furnished. Last trip, Hurricane Lee hit. Even with the rain and wind, we still had a great time.

Room Tip: We love 201!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VunderlustBR
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This was our fourth year to stay at the Islander. We missed last year because they were doing the major renovation, but we came back this year. We followed the progress on their website and couldn't wait to make our regular September run to Destin.

The Islander makeover is spectacular and done in the very best taste. We noted all the updates and general improvements as soon as we got there. Our particular unit was perfect in every way, with upgraded furniture, marble counter tops, and high quality decor. As usual, all appliances (ours were stainless steel) and cookware were already in place and we lacked nothing to begin a two week stay. Three times per week linen exchange certainly keeps towels sheets, and other items fresh.

The entire facility is kept spotlessly clean and this includes the pools and hot tubs, walkways, landscaping, and beach area. Check in took about three minutes and the new elevators are great. We especially enjoyed the free beach setups which were always ready for us when we arrived at the beach.

The location of the Islander is absolutely perfect for us, being close to everything but yet on a beautiful, easy to find, quiet street. Shopping and restaurants are less than ten minutes away, and anyone who's been to Destin knows how much there is to do there.

We live over 1000 miles away, and the Islander makes the trip worthwhile!

Room Tip: All available rooms can be viewed in detail at the Islander website.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank rikard77
Reviewed 5 August 2011

What can I say to convey the level of satisfaction and good vibes my family and I left this condo with this year? The unit was super clean and stocked with goodies in the kitchen... i.e. we made our own popsicles with the popsicle molds provided. The beds were comfy and sheets nice linens and snuggle fresh. The location was awesome. Hitting the grocery after a long day out by the pool and surfside was a cinch because it was right at the end of Gulf Shore Dr. across 98. If I didn't want to cook then we headed out to the local restaurants that were so close we could have walked off our exceptional seafood dinner if we desired, however it WAS vacation. The owner had a closet full of beach toys and chairs and floats. The Wi-Fi kept my kids and hubby occupied so I could read my book. The Sunset from the Balcony was the deal-sealer. Or was it that the owner of the condo offered up his favorite locals approved massage therapist within 5 minutes and I got a deal and the knots worked out of me for an hour- and walked out under 60 bucks. Walking to the end of the beach where the ocean met the entrance to the harbor where the fish boats cruised in daily was also a bonus, and dolphins frequent this area so another onlooker told me when we spotted them one dusk. Do go if you get the notion!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank nesshug
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Stayed in room 702 on seventh floor. Great unobstructed view of the beach. Balcony, two well appointed bedrooms, two bathrooms and full kitchen. Carpeted floors was a nice touch so we didn't have to sweep sand all of the time. Nice pool and hot tub and easy access to the beach. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Only minor drawbacks was that they were outdone by their neighbors for outside ammenties. Smaller pavilion for grilling and the beach area was narrow so they had to bunch the chairs up in two "U" formations side by side and close together so one had to get real comfortable with other guests.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family