Spent 4 nights at the Islander in Destin. We had a two bedroom condo # 518. Was rather skeptical at first, since all the reviews rated it so high. However, it definitely exceeded our expectations. Our room was recently redecorated and was very spacious. We looked out at the ocean, it was called a sunset view. Balcony was also much larger than most other places. The amenities package gave us free golf, movie rentals, mini golf, etc.
We ate dinner at High Tide and found it to be excellent. It is near the bridge to Ft. Walton. The restaurant had been recommended by a local and was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Islander condos are 2 bdrm/2 bath and feature a private balcony and a fully equipped kitchen. Amenities include 2 pools, whirlpools, tennis courts, shuffleboard courts, and a gym. Please note you must book through the Islander Rental Company to get the VIP program including FREE beach service. The off site rental companies do not offer our VIP program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Islander reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander Hotel Destin
- The Islander Destin, Florida