The Islander
US$321
US$232
Wingate by Wyndham Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$199
US$295
US$213
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$229
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$209
CandlewoodSuites
US$199
US$194
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$364
US$282
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$224
Priceline
All reviewspools and hot tubsholiday islegrilling areafree beach chairsbeach spotlaundry roomthe resort offersshopping cartsshort walk to the beachtennis courtsthese condosbeach serviceliving roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulgreat place to stayspring breakersgreat condo
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My family and I have been coming to the Islander for seven years now and have enjoyed every stay during our vacation. We have always had a great experience with the staff at the Islander, but really enjoyed the staff this year. They were very helpful, caring, funny, always had a great attitude and a smile on their faces. We were treated as if we were their family.

I would like to say thank you to Stephen Parish, Toni, Joanna, Andrew and Steve for your wonderful hospitality to me and my family during our stay. I would also like to say thank you very much to Steve and Andrew for really being concerned about our well being, the day we checked out of the Islander due to the weather being really bad that morning.

And of course the condo and beach was really nice as usual and we have already booked our stay for next year. We are looking forward to seeing you guys next year!!!!

Sincerely, James High

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank James H
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed in 115; which was nice, but for $335 per night after fees/taxes, you'd expect better than a 13 inch TV in master BR. This unit is not managed by "The Islander," and they sure let you know it no matter what the issue. Had problem with one of the beds and had to call Holiday Isle properties. Their man finally got there late the next day. (I had already fixed the problem myself) Asked for a linen exchange and they said they would do it "ONE" time and acted as if they were doing us a huge favor. A few of the people went out of their way and a few seemed to have no customer service training.The Islander is nice, but I would be sure to rent through them.

Room Tip: Don't choose one managed by outside agency.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MichaelLa12
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My family and I loved it. The condo was exactly how it was described. Great location to the beach. The staff was very helpful. We will for sure stay there again. We carried my mother-n-law with us on our trip. It was her first to be at the beach in about 30 years. For her experience she loved it. She was very pleased with her room and surprised on how well the condo was equipped with everything that we would need for our week stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We had a wonderful time once again at The Islander. The beach has been restored to what it used to be. Stephen Parish and the staff were wonderful as was Nate setting up the umbrellas and chairs on the beach. The room and the facilities were great! Although we didn't have any children with us, they had activities planned for those who do. They still have karaoke on Monday night.

I only wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg K
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Stayed with family and parents, total of 6, in a two bedroom condo facing west. Pools are simple but adequate for everything you need, my kids really enjoyed them. Facilities are well maintained and front desk was helpful. The hotel has its own beach access point, and because the Islander is off the main strip you do not have to worry about traffic or noise. Our room included everything one needed for a week at the beach, and the included beach service was very handy. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: West side rooms are cheaper and the view of the harbor is superior than the view of the beach from the east side. Also, the higher up the better the view. Ground floor rooms have direct access to grills, pavilion, and pools.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family