“Horrible!!!! Bad sushi and bad customer service, bad manager!”

Osaka Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Ranked #109 of 310 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Osaka Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse & Sushi Bar is a family owned and operated business with three locations throughout Northwest Florida. Originally opened in Tallahassee, Florida, over 20 years ago, the Chou family takes pride in serving organic local produce, Gulf fresh seafood and the highest quality beef. Open daily for lunch and dinner, Osaka offers guests hibachi, a full service bar, and sushi and sashimi from their expansive sushi bar. Specializing in celebrations including birthdays, weddings and anniversaries, Osaka Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse & Sushi Bar locations include Tallahassee, Florida, Destin, Florida, and in spring 2015, Panama City Beach, Florida.
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband and I placed a to go order while on vacation from Tampa on Saturday May 25th. I ordered a tempura and far east roll. What I got was a roll with only the seafood (piece of shrimp and imitation crab). None of the other items which were supposed to be on them were. Tempura roll was only a piece of fried shrimp. The far east only had a piece of imitation crab meat and shrimp. To top it off the shrimp I'm guessing were not deveined as there were really thick hard black pieces if something in all of them( not what the usual veins look like) It was about half the size of a pencil eraser. I called that night and complained to the manager Linda or Laura can't remember which it was as I hope to forget the whole experience and she said that I could come back in and she would correct the situation. I didn't feel like making the half hour trip at 10pm while having a migraine. So before our drive home on Monday night we stopped by so i could go in and request a refund. I didnt eat any of the food.....I ended up eating strawberry wheaties for dinner that night. I decided I wanted to pass on the mysterious hard black pieces in the shrimp and ask for a refund.. When I walked in there was no one to greet me at the front desk. I had to search around for someone. Then found a gentleman whom I asked for the manager and he said he would get her. Then he quickly got distracted by another employee and never fot her. I had to go to the front bar tender and ask for her and she finally came out. When she began speaking with me another female employee waled up and handed her the phone to take a phone order. I wasited then when she got off the phone a couple entered and she seated them. Then came back and said "what did you need". I politely introduced myself and explained I called last night and since we were about to take a 6.5 hour drive back to Tampa I asked for a refund and she said she couldn't refund from the previous night. She stated there was nothing she could do.... I had a horrible experience and even worse nothing was done to fix it and the manager was very rude. Worst experience ever!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank Heather B

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We love going to the Japanese steak house at home, but were shocked to eat at Osaka due to the poor food quality. My only guess is that they are geared toward tourists, so repeat business is not a priority. Everything from the soup was terrible. The rice was sticky and burnt and the steak had the consistency of liver. We didn't make a fuss over it due to being at a full table, but it's just sad that the general public accepts this kind of food. We will be back to Destin, but never back to Osaka!

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Osaka is a bit deceiving from the outside but upon entering, you are instantly transported to a Japanese Tea House with subdued lighting and comfortable seating around an Hibachi grill. The chef puts on an interactive show that keeps the table laughing. The food is great with each course a culinary delight. The fresh, crisp salad and ginger dressing is to die for!

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Looked lovely from the outside so tried it - it was great! Just missed the happy hour and the great happy hour pricing. Dinner menu a little pricey. Sat at the sushi bar. Sushi chefs very nice, interior as nice as the exterior. Dumplings and sushi were great! Worth a stop!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Osaka is a nice restaurant. It was the first hibachi restaurant I'd had somI didn't know what to expect. I'm sure my experience would've been better had we not brought the kids. The atmosphere is ok. It's not somewhere I would want my hunnie to take me for a romantic date. The food was good. Really good sweet tea.