“Casual Gulf Front Dining” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Back Porch
Ranked #22 of 301 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Back Porch Seafood & Oyster House has been a local favorite in Destin since 1974 serving the finest smoked tuna dip, ice-cold oysters and our famous char-grilled Amberjack. Happy Hour 3-5PM daily.
New Hampshire
“Casual Gulf Front Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I went here for dinner with a couple of friends. They were busy but we managed to snag a Gulf view table. We all ordered different things and we all liked what we ate. The service was friendly and the food really was good. This is a very casual restaurant and you can come as you are. It's one of those places that you just have to try especially if you're visiting and just want some good seafood. The view is beautiful and it's just a fun beach restaurant. We're locals... and we would eat here again. Good Job Back Porch!

• Visited May 2014

Tampa, Florida
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

When we got there the place was packed, surprisingly only
waited about 10 minutes for table. The food is pricey but was
very good. The service was outstanding also!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Just a walk down the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Probably my favorite restaurant on this trip. I will dream about their signature oysters. There was a short wait which went quickly because we were able to get a drink and the boys could play on the beach in the old boat. Crab cakes were phenomenal and the service was friendly and efficient. Can't wait to go back

2 Thank Dina C
Battlehip
“Ok but more expensive than I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My family of four which includes a 14yo and a 10yo ate for $110. The children's menu items for the 10yo were about $10 including a soft drink. Children's menu items are served on a frisbee which is cool. Entrees are $22 to 32 but most are $25 to 28. (Soft drinks and tea are about $2 each but I don't drink water at the beach unless it's bottled.) To cut costs some you can go with fish and chips or fish sandwiches for abt $15 to $19...but noooooo, not my family! Oh well, we only come to Destin once a year. Service was good and food was good but the bill was $110 after taxes and tip. To me that's much more than the meal was worth. I would've expected to pay $70-$75 for this type of meal. It is on the beach and even though we were near the back we had an ocean view. The price would stop me from returning. It's pretty good but just not all that.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Battlechip
Kansas City, Missouri
“Pricey Commercial Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This restaurant came highly recommended well here's the deal, you're going for the atmosphere. It's definitely a tourist hot spot and packed. I guess we waited about 40 mins for seating but the scenery is so beautiful you don't mind. They definitely focus on customer service. It ran like a well oiled machine and that's not something you find in restaurants with such high volume. I'll start with saying, attention is definitely paid to everything but sometimes doing a lot of everything causes you to miss out on the small thing..taste. Our meal: Crab cake with onion rings & coleslaw, shrimp & scallop linguine, shrimp po boy with fries & coleslaw and we lucked up on a coupon for the smoked tuna dip. Honestly I can't say anything extremely bad..the presentation, temp & food amounts were intact but the taste of everything was bland to mediocre especially for such a hefty price tag. We were definitely disappointed with the food & price.

• 2 of 5 bubbles