“Great Filet.”

Ocean Club Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$21 - US$59
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ocean Club is one of the premier, fine dining restaurants with a variety of appetizers & entrees to please everyone. We have a Sushi bar & live entertainment Wednesdays - Saturday. Wednesday nights caters to our Locals offering them an incredible discount while enjoying one of our favorite house bands - Emerald Gold. Our food and service is top notch and we offer private rooms and outside deck for special events upon booking. We do take walk-ins but prefer that you call ahead for reservation.
Reviewed 1 February 2008

Great Filet.

Reviewed 9 December 2007

Worst experience in 40+ years in the Destin area. My wife and I made reservations for a pleasant evening of dining and dancing, when making the reservations I confirmed the band and requested a table near the dance floor. On arriving the Maitre D' did not have our table request. I ordered Blackened fish and it really was blackened--to a crisp; another portion was provided but I had already finished when it arrived. When the hour for the band arrived, no band, and we were told they had canceled the day before. We tried dancing to their recorded music but they played only disco and claimed to have no other variety. While dancing they removed my one third full glass of wine but left our water and my wife's tea; when I pointed this out they replaced it with exactly one third glass of wine. The Maitre D' apologized but offered nothing else such as a refund or lagnaippe. The crowning blow came on departure, no parking valet to be found; I finally located my keys in an unlocked, unattended box and left--never to return.

3  Thank thirdwiley
OceanClubDestin, Owner at Ocean Club Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2009

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your visit to the Ocean Club. We apologize for your bad experience but ensure you this is not indicative of our restaurant. We could not have existed for 20 years if this type of experience was a frequent occurrence. In this business some times things don't go the way you would like them to go and apparently this was one of those times. We are extremely sorry for the bad evening.

Reviewed 11 July 2007

The service was beyond horrible. We had a reservation for 7:30 p.m. on Thursday night and were seated about 8:15. Drinks were another 30 minutes coming. We should have known something was wrong then...there were five of us, two guests we were deeply indebted to and were trying to treat them to a nice evening. Four entrees finally arrived and FORTY minutes later my son's arrived. The waiter presented his meal and said, "would you like a to-go box with this!" We don't know if the food was any good or not because we were waiting on his before eating. The manager made an adjustment on our bill after we insisted on it (was not offered). Money was not the object, however, we were just terribly embarrased. We have been going to the Ocean Club for years and it was always a highlight of our trip...must be under "new management"...hope they get "newer" management soon...
Betty Wittjen

4  Thank bettycarolepearson
Reviewed 9 July 2007

The Ocean Club in Destin is, by far, one of the best restaurants in Destin. It boasts an upscale dining atmosphere with large aquariums throughout the restaurant and a wonderful piano player and dance floor. The food is consistently wonderful and the bartenders are fabulous! If you go, try the fried aparagus with jumbo lump crabmeat as an appetizer! Delicious! This is the one restaurant that I make plans to visit every time I'm in Destin.

2  Thank DJL930004