“Nice upscale dining”

Ocean Club Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 310 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$21 - US$59
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ocean Club is one of the premier, fine dining restaurants with a variety of appetizers & entrees to please everyone. We have a Sushi bar & live entertainment Wednesdays - Saturday. Wednesday nights caters to our Locals offering them an incredible discount while enjoying one of our favorite house bands - Emerald Gold. Our food and service is top notch and we offer private rooms and outside deck for special events upon booking. We do take walk-ins but prefer that you call ahead for reservation.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great restaurant on the basic side of fine dining, had fresh grouper that was wonderful. Very nice atmosphere with aquarium, but be ready for multiple small children and not the quietest environment.

1  Thank William P

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We have dined at the Ocean Club for 20 years. I will never go back after our experience last night. I called around noon to make a reservation for 4 to celebrate our daughter's birthday. It was Wednesday which is "locals night" at the Ocean Club. On locals night, all entrees and drinks are 30% off. I specifically asked the lady making my reservation if they still had locals night. She assured me that they did and that we needed to ask for a table "in the bar area" to receive the locals night discount. Upon arrival, I asked the host for table to get the locals night discount. He rudely told me that we would have to "sit at the bar". We could not sit at any table to receive the discount. He then tried to rush us off to a table. Talking about a "bait and switch". We have dined at tables all over the restaurant in the past and received the locals discount. When did this suddenly change? He knew we had made a reservation and offered no apology for being misled by the restaurant. We have had dozens of meals at "full price" at the Ocean Club and are not cheap tourists looking for a bargain. It is just nice to occasionally dine when restaurants have specials. We did have a wonderful dinner last night at another restaurant that appreciated our business and thanked us for coming. There are too many fine restaurants in Destin to deal with rude, arrogant people that don't appreciate their longtime customers.

8  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We went there as we always do when i n destin,we were seated by the band.the dance floor has been enlarged.we danced to the music and the singer and band were great.i ordered the grouper almandine and it was great.the waiter was great and food was very good.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife, children and I ate here. My wife had the grouper and liked it and I had the ribeye and i enjoyed it. The boys got the NY and filet and were not impressed. (they are 17 and 15). They ordered medium and the steaks were not cooked inside. My older son ate his the younger sent it back, After 10 minutes came back still raw in the center. THus neither really cared for their steak. Our service was very good.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was a great spot we happened upon by accident and will go back our next visit Stick with the seafood as when in rome!