“Bad bartender”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$50 - US$75
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Restaurant Row
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Destin, FL is located at 15000 Emerald Coast Pkwy. in the Silver Shells Resort & Spa. Silver Shells property is west of Henderson Beach State Park across from the Palms of Destin Resort on the south side of Hwy. 98.
Destin, Florida
“Bad bartender”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Me & my husband frequent many of Destin's Happy hours. We were very disappointed when we went here. The bartender had a bottle of wine with a little left in it. So instead of ruining one glass of wine she proceeded to split the little she had in both of our glasses. Bad sign. When we tasted it, it was indeed bad(trust me we know our wines). I told her it tasted bad and she said well I just opened it yesterday. I would say most, it not all restaurants would have said let me please open a fresh bottle. We had ordered an appetizer, so when she asked if we would like another glass we said yes. We both had some left in our glasses. She comes over with the bottle and wants to pour it on the wine that we already said was bad. My husband asked for new glasses and I guess that was not the thing to do. She pours us two small pours of wine. My husbands being even a lot less(I guess she showed him). Trust me, we are not complainers. I don't know if these are Ruth's Chris policies or a bartender that's a control freak. Needless to say we won't be back to that bar when there are so many great places around here with great bartenders(PF Changs, Flemings, Mithchell's, Marina Cafe, Boshamps to name just a few)
The rating is just on the bartender. The Oysters Bienville was delicious!

• Visited February 2014

Destin, Fl
“Special Occasion”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Great meal and service, steaks cooked just right and served sizzling, all the side dishes were very good. A great place for a special occasion and a Great Steak.

• Visited January 2014
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Wonderful Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Took my wife to Ruth's for her birthday dinner and we were not disappointed. Excellent service by Eugen, wonderful food and beverage in a quiet, upscale setting.

The cowboy bone in ribeye was exceptional, the Escargots and the crab stuffed mushrooms were wonderful appetizers and the garlic mashed potatoes and roasted garlic green beans were perfect accompaniments. All cooked and presented flawlessly. And the complimentary dessert presented to my wife (chocolate explosion) was just over the top.

A wonderful dining experience.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank jnjinnc
redmond, wa
“Best of the Best”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We have always tried to eat at every Ruth's Chris in every city...why? Because the food is always consistently good. The Ruth's Chris in Destin is no exception. Lovely restaurant. Great food. The filet perfect! Also, great service....OK, the spinach dish thing needs work. Besides I don't go to a steak restaurant for the spinach...just sayin'. So because of the spinach dish instead of a 5 star rating, Ruth Chris Destin gets a 4.999 star! Yummo!

• Visited January 2014
Destin, Fl
“Holiday Dinner”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have been to this Ruth's Steak House many times, 2 Filets, 1 Ribeye and 1 Barbecue Shrimp main courses all were all good but not exceptional, salads were good and the sides were good but the creamed spinach was not very hot, service was very good and overall a nice meal and worth a special occasion Dinner.

• Visited December 2013