“Good Thai Place”

Royal Orchid Thai Cuisine
Ranked #155 of 303 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Thai Place”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Nice location, very quiet. Food is about average but very pricey for me. We went here for dinner and not a lot of people for Saturday night. One visit is enough for me.

Visited February 2014

Austin, Texas
“Great Food….Shoes Optional”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Went to Royal Thai with a group of seven. Sat in a floor level table where you removed shoes and sat with your legs/feet in a ground well. Very comfortable and unique seating. Important to note they also have traditional tables if you prefer. Nice compact menu (for a Thai restaurant) that included Thai dishes in Beef, Pork, Chicken, and Seafood. Full selection of curries. Multiple options for vegetarians. Service and food were great. Our best experience on the Emerald Coast.

Destin, Florida, United States
“Some of the best Thai food I've ever had!”
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife love royal orchid, we go once a month or so. We would go more, but it is a little expensive knee everything adds up. It is worth the money though. She gets the cashew chicken every time, and she loves it. It is very delicious. I tend to get something different every time because i hadn't found that one dish to amaze me yet, but i found it the last time we went: the yellow curry chicken over rice. It was so delicious, i was scraping my bowl and i wanted more! I can't wait to go again to get it. Also we would recommend the chicken wanton appetizer. We get it every time. Very crunchy and fresh and it comes with a delicious dipping sauce.

1 Thank Morgan L
Kenner, Louisiana
“These New Orleanians loved the spicy food.”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Our New Orleans family is very picky about food, but we loved the Royal Orchid. There were 4 adults and one child and the dinner cost was under $50. even with a tip!
We enjoyed 5 different dishes, all very good, and some were spicier than others.
They are moving a few block away in mid-December to a newer and more spacious facility, so I am anxious to try them out again in a nicer setting.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Definitely Spicy”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My group came here for lunch and the place was very quiet. We ordered the platter to split and I was not impressed with the spring rolls. I ordered the seafood salad and the flavors were lovely. The mixture of cilantro and lemon really brought the dish to life. I could not handle the spicy aftermath though, I'm glad I got the mild because they definitely could spice the dishes. The others in my group love spicy food so they were fine but one complained that their dish tasted tasted salty. Also one person in our group had to wait 10 minutes after everyone else food arrived. Based on the poor service I would say we are not doing a repeat visit.

• Visited October 2013