“Second Chance”

TGI Friday's
Ranked #243 of 303 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Second Chance”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This was the second chance we gave to Friday's. The first trip was take out and while the food was good the service was lacking. On this trip both the food quality and the service were both poor. We ordered the Jack Daniels Black Angus Sirloin with a half-rack of ribs. Our sides were a salad and sweet potato fries. The food didn't take long 10-15 mins and our drinks stayed full so off to a good start. However, when we received our food the fries were soggy, the ribs were like beef jerky, and the sirloin was tuff. I love ribs and this is the first time I have ever left some uneaten. The sirloin was cooked correctly (medium rare) but it was very tuff. Not what I expect from black angus. Upon getting the bill we had 2 $10 coupons from the first visit I wished to use and made up the difference with cash. It took our server 20 mins to collect our bill (I needed change) and when she saw the coupons I was told that she had never seen those before and that I could only use one. Even though they ended up taking both the experience was less that pleasurable. While I really enjoy their Jack Daniels ribs this will be the last time I eat at the TGI Friday's in Destin.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Destin00549

Destin, Florida
“A Great Bar with Great Atmosphere and Bar Staff.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Three of us, males, have been meeting at Friday's once a almost every week for several years. We do not go to Friday's for the food. We have tried other places once in a while and always return to Friday's for our meeting because of the bar staff and the bar atmosphere. The three of us go there for some beer and typical male inane chat, and some food, either appetizers or an entree. But when my wife and I or friends discuss going out to a restaurant, we don't include Friday's. I think of Friday's as a great bar that serves food. While the food is good, with rare exceptions that are very good, it is not memorable. The bar staff, however, is memorable. IMHO, people who complain about the food at Friday's probably also complain about the food at Hooters.

• Visited August 2013
Alabama
“Not up to par”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have been to better Fridays. Food was nondescript. Chips were stale and our server must have been tired to have such a flat personality. No body appeared to like their job,

Visited July 2013
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Water dripping from ceilings!!! Buildings a dump!”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We were first seated at a table that had water on it. I noticed the water puddle & realized it was coming from the ceiling, dripping off the light fixture. I reported this to the hostess, she wipes it up. I tell her we are not sitting here. We were moved directly across to a different booth. A waitress had to tell the hostess we are not using this table. After a few, the manager inspected the leaky fixture. After observing the ceiling, it was is terrible shape, stained visible wet spots, bad shape. The whole building is in bad shape & needs a remodel. We almost walked out. We ordered drinks , burgers & nachos. The nachos were strange, half a tostado not triangle shape. They were ok but not worth $10. Burgers were the best. Leaving we noticed dripping water in the entrance area while people were waiting for a table. We won't be back!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Louisianatraveler11
Ulster
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Was here recently! It was ok. Food was fine, not fantastic by any means. Atmosphere was very much lacking and server did not tell us about any promos they had on offer. Was looking forward to our meal here and left a little dissatisfied!

• Visited July 2013