“I remember when Fridays in Destin was the place to go. Not so much these days.”
Review of TGI Friday's - CLOSED

TGI Friday's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I have been a longtime customer of Fridays in Destin for 15 years. They have always delivered over the years. My last couple of visits made me so sad. The wonderful original staff had been fired( clean house). For the past two years every time I go its always someone new and they are never there very long. Complete lack of management... During my visit last night I ordered dessert to go and had a Irish coffee while my friends had Irish car bombs. These are standard drinks for this area and the bartender didn't make them properly and we had to practically train him. The manager was oblivious and the female bartender was being very rude to the other bartender. The bar was dirty and they were not very busy. We were there a total of thirty minutes and we watched the water run down the drain full blast the entire time. I wish they could get it back together!

1  Thank Stargirl4511
There are newer reviews for TGI Friday's

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This was the second chance we gave to Friday's. The first trip was take out and while the food was good the service was lacking. On this trip both the food quality and the service were both poor. We ordered the Jack Daniels Black Angus Sirloin with a half-rack of ribs. Our sides were a salad and sweet potato fries. The food didn't take long 10-15 mins and our drinks stayed full so off to a good start. However, when we received our food the fries were soggy, the ribs were like beef jerky, and the sirloin was tuff. I love ribs and this is the first time I have ever left some uneaten. The sirloin was cooked correctly (medium rare) but it was very tuff. Not what I expect from black angus. Upon getting the bill we had 2 $10 coupons from the first visit I wished to use and made up the difference with cash. It took our server 20 mins to collect our bill (I needed change) and when she saw the coupons I was told that she had never seen those before and that I could only use one. Even though they ended up taking both the experience was less that pleasurable. While I really enjoy their Jack Daniels ribs this will be the last time I eat at the TGI Friday's in Destin.

1  Thank Destin00549
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Three of us, males, have been meeting at Friday's once a almost every week for several years. We do not go to Friday's for the food. We have tried other places once in a while and always return to Friday's for our meeting because of the bar staff and the bar atmosphere. The three of us go there for some beer and typical male inane chat, and some food, either appetizers or an entree. But when my wife and I or friends discuss going out to a restaurant, we don't include Friday's. I think of Friday's as a great bar that serves food. While the food is good, with rare exceptions that are very good, it is not memorable. The bar staff, however, is memorable. IMHO, people who complain about the food at Friday's probably also complain about the food at Hooters.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have been to better Fridays. Food was nondescript. Chips were stale and our server must have been tired to have such a flat personality. No body appeared to like their job,

Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We were first seated at a table that had water on it. I noticed the water puddle & realized it was coming from the ceiling, dripping off the light fixture. I reported this to the hostess, she wipes it up. I tell her we are not sitting here. We were moved directly across to a different booth. A waitress had to tell the hostess we are not using this table. After a few, the manager inspected the leaky fixture. After observing the ceiling, it was is terrible shape, stained visible wet spots, bad shape. The whole building is in bad shape & needs a remodel. We almost walked out. We ordered drinks , burgers & nachos. The nachos were strange, half a tostado not triangle shape. They were ok but not worth $10. Burgers were the best. Leaving we noticed dripping water in the entrance area while people were waiting for a table. We won't be back!

1  Thank Louisianatraveler11