“Sucks”

Add it.
Marlin Grill
Ranked #161 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I never had such a bad experience in all my 55 years of life. First thing was the 45 minute shuttle ride full of drunks, from the way out lot, making us late for our reservation. Then the wait for a table 30 minutes, Then the waiter with the memorized speech. Then the food was too much $$$$ for what you got. Then the 45 minute bus ride to get free from this awful place. NEVER AGAIN!

1  Thank mfkintop

Reviewed 27 August 2012

The food tastes like food is supposed to taste. The service is outstanding, along with the atmosphere. We go to Marlin Grill for special occasions and have never been disappointed. You can bring children if you go early in the evening. The wine list is incredible.

1  Thank Denise G
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The location is perfect, the wait staff incredible....the food.....not worth the price....my son had the filet, it was a very nice steak....the fish dish that my husband and I shared was not very good.....not much flavor despite supposedly having a lemon/wine type sauce......very disappointing as this was the 'special' dinner we had planned on well before our trip....

1  Thank Traci E
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Outstanding food and service. Although a little upscale, casual dress is appropriate. Ambiance is wonderful. Very impressive wine selection and great menu variety. Steaks, seafood, pasta. Filet with Maytag bleu cheese is the bomb! Great for special occasion or nice night out. Small private dining area available for groups of 50 or so. Highly recommend reservations during tourist season.

1  Thank marlinchaser3
Reviewed 30 November 2009

My husband and I just returned from Destin over Thanksgiving break 2009. We decided to spend one evening in Baytowne Wharf, exploring the shops and enjoying the holiday lights and music. We had no plan beforehand on where we were going to have dinner, but we definitely checked out the reviews of many of the restaurants in the Baytowne Wharf beforehand. The Marlin Grill was great. The prices are not the lowest to be found, but based on what we saw elsewhere, we figured we'd suck it up and get a nice meal. Upon arrival we were seated upstairs by a window overlooking everything. The Christmas decorations and lights outside, made this especially cozy. For starters we both had a crab and artichoke soup. This was a cream based soup that consisted of crab, corn and small pieces of artichokes. It was delicious and I believe around $7 or $8 for a bowl. The presentation was incredible. For our dinner I had ordered the pork tenderloin and my husband had the grouper topped with lump crabmeat. I believe mine was $19 and his $25. I knew that everything had to be ordered ala carte, so with that in mind, I wasn't thinking we would have much to eat with the entree alone, so decided to order a potato side dish ($5) and sauteed mushrooms ($5) for us to share. I was definitely wrong in my initial thought of the portion size. When my plate arrived there were at least 5 pieces of pork w/sauce on it. I would guess they were about 3 ounces each. Way more than one person could eat. My husbands grouper was the same way. He had at leat 5 nice sized pieces of grouper w/lump crab meat on it. We both looked at one another in shock. Who was going to eat all this food? Plus, we had ordered two sides. Okay, we can do this, the sides will be small we thought and we'll eat a small portion of our entree, take leftovers back to our room and have those for lunch the next day. Well, the potato side came and it was huge. What I thought would be simple potatoes seasoned w/onions, was a mound of crisp potatoes nicely decorated, but enough to feed a family of 5! The mushrooms were in a large bowl and plenty for a larger group. I guess I had expected a smaller side because the price was rather small for the side items on the menu. Anyway, the pork was awesome and perfectly cooked and the grouper was some of the best we have ever had. We enjoyed some fine wine and left feeling very satisfied. We did end up taking the leftovers to the room and ate them the following day. I am not about eating out for huge portions, but moreso good food at a reasonable price. Just keep in mind, or ask beforehand about the size of the portion you are eating, when dining here. I'm sure a steak dinner wouldn't come out with more than the amount advertised on the menu, but on some of these other items, it's definitely enough to share with someone else. This is by far a wonderful restaurant and worth trying if you ever visit the Village at Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin.

1  Thank thealee