“Great food, Great atmosphere”

Boshamps Seafood & Oyster House
Ranked #9 of 303 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Boshamps Seafood and Oyster House, located on the beautiful Destin harbor, will spoil you with spectacular sunsets, sensational "Gulf to Table Southern Cuisine", and family-friendly service all in a fun, relaxed casual atmosphere. With the 'World's Luckiest Fishing Village' at our back door and the Chef's extensive knowledge of Gulf of Mexico Basin and Caribbean cuisine combined with his deep Southern roots, Boshamps Seafood and Oyster House is proud to present Chef Andi Bell's 'Gulf to Table Southern Cuisine'. Here is how Chef Andi Bell defines his 'Gulf to Table Southern Cuisine'... "Locally caught fresh seafood harvested directly from the Gulf and other local waters by local fisherman served directly to the table just as in the same 'good 'ol days...
Montgomery, Alabama
“Great food, Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our large party of ten decided to try out Boshamps. We were not disappointed. The food was good, the service was good, and we were able to sit outside overlooking the harbor on one of their many decks. We are definitely going to make this a regular stop on our beach vacation.

• Polish first
Portland, Oregon
“Exceptional Generosity”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

To the owner of Boshamps: We the USAF Firefighters who were stationed at RAF Greenham Common England in the 80s, would like to thank you for your generosity. You made our last night go from outstanding to exceptional. Thank you!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Grouper and Mac and Cheese”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We heard about Boshamps and drove down from Miramar beach for lunch. The restaurant is massive with several decks with great views of the marina and water. I'll call our server Boston as I don't recall his name but he did a wonderful job. We had several grouper sandwiches which were all wonderful and the Mac and cheese may be the best we have ever tried. My wife actually discussed ordering several to go for dinner that night! I don't know if they make the sandwich bread in house but it was really good as well.

We have added Boshamps to our list of must eat at restaurants when we are in the area for vacation.

Visited May 2014
Pensacola, Florida
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Me and my Air Force, fire fighter buddies, who were all stationed in England together in the 80's, are all in Destin for a reunion. We all had decided to meet at Boshamps for our first night in town, to have a meet and greet and reconnect after not seeing each other in 30+ years. After meeting at the outside bar and getting a drink, we were directed to a downstairs section. There was no waiter in the part that we were moved in to and were told that if we wanted drinks and food that we could go backup to the bar to order (that is up 2 flights of stairs). None of us guys are spring chickens, to have to keep going up and down those stairs, and certainly never expected to have to wait on ourselves, IN A RESTAURANT. I am in disbelief that the management continually ignored us and couldn't even come and acknowledge the fact that Air Force veterans (more that 25 of us) were having to run an obstacle course just to get service. Later on in the evening, we were told that the original plan was actually to meet at another restaurant in the area, we are all wishing that we would have stuck to that original plan.

3 Thank Rob A
Boshamps O, Owner at Boshamps Seafood & Oyster House, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Sir,

I want you to know that I have never been more embarrassed, upset or ashamed than I am right now. I could not be sorrier or even begin to express how angry I am at my staff and entire restaurant for dropping the ball on your party. I am most upset that we dropped it on you guys, as I appreciate and support our military more than any one thing in this world. It makes my heart hurt to know that this happened and I am going to do everything in my power to try and make it right. I'd like to TRY to explain what happened and beg you for your forgiveness. Apparently, as you said, the reunion was to be held at one of our neighboring restaurants, but something happened last minute and you guys had to change venues. I understand that yall called ahead and let us know you would be coming by, but unfortunately, one of our new hostesses forgot to add it to our function sheet for the night. Please keep in mind that I am not trying to make excuses, because there is no excuse for this, I am just trying to explain myself as I do not know what else to do. I even came up from the docks, through your party, as you were down on the lower deck and spoke with Melissa, who was in your party and actually a server for me. She told me that you guys were just having some drinks and mingling and having a good time. I was completely unaware of the situation and assumed all was well per Melissa. Obviously I was dead wrong. My managers will be hearing from me as soon as I get off of this computer and I can assure you that they will be even sorrier than I am when I get done with them. We're so much better than this sir, and I absolutely cannot believe that this happened, but I am willing to do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING to make this right for you guys. Please, PLEASE let us have ALL of you back, on the house, to meet again. I will reserve the entire deck, all of inside, or I will close the entire restaurant for yall to make this right. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at my personal email address at millerphillips@gmail.com or on my cell phone at 850-461-4745 and let's set something up to get you guys back in here. Please know that this was a MISTAKE made by an individual and not at all a reflection of Boshamps. Again sir, I am as ashamed and embarrassed as I have ever been, and want more than anything to make this right for you and your friends. I am truly, sincerely sorry sir.

My very best,

Miller Phillips
Owner/Operator
Austin
“Great oysters and drinks with a view!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited Boshamps. It was so good that we visited for lunch 2 days in a row.

We started off with their beach drinks. The blue cuaco drink is delicious and so fresh!

We had the oysters with their house made bacon marmalade and Vidalia onions. AMAZING!! We had their regular raw oysters which were perfect and oh so fresh! You can actually see the oysters in the water from the pier. Too cool! We then had the oysters with buttered breadcrumbs. They were delicious as well!

We also had the sautéed crab claws. They were good. We've had better that had more of a butter garlic sauce and less wine flavor, but they were still great.

For my entree I had the shrimp and grits. Needless to say, the meal was slap yo momma good. The cheese grits are more like fried polenta with a butter crab sauce. Just absolutely delicious!! We also had their gumbo and chowder. The gumbo is so so so good. Each bowl seemed to have 2 large shrimp and 1 large oyster. Just awesome.

I would definitely recommend boshamps!! We will be back soon!!